Nation Perks

Alex

military recruitment

manufactured reso boost

all commerce perks

infra cost reduction

free improvement slot

I may switch out one of the commerce perks, maybe the 1 percent population boost, for sooner cities.

x0H0NxD.jpg?1

01:05:55 <%fistofdoom> im out of wine

01:06:03 <%fistofdoom> i winsih i had port
01:06:39 <@JoshF{BoC}> fistofdoom: is the snowman drunk with you

01:07:32 <%fistofdoom> i knet i forgot somehnt

I look at it as meaning you get +1 MAP for every war you're in.  So if you open up 3 fronts, that's +3 to your starting MAP ( Instead of 6, you'll start with 9 ).

Just by having one war opened, you'll start with 7 - and that's before declaring war ahead of a ending day tick.

Granted the +1 Offensive Slot will only help if you open up all your Offensive Slots to get as much of a +1 MAP per War bonus as possible.  Dedicated Raiders will have a field day with this combo, if I speculate it correctly.

No, I'm pretty sure it's 1 extra MAP in each war you are in (i.e. you start up with 7, no matter if you have 1 war or 6 wars)

It's not mind-blowing (in fact you can't really use this  to maximum efficiency unless you're willing to adopt a very weird 22-hour sleep schedule) but it can help in say repairing missing turns. Alternatively, it allows you to combo airstrike/ground attack or naval/ground attack on your first turn, which could be quite strong. We'll see.

Raider build would probably just be to take all the military and war perks :P (the only other useful ones could be the 1% pop, or the deep development tree perks)

#6 in P&W Beta

I love this idea and using Raw Materials not Money to pay for it. 

Question about the Commerce 10% bonus. Does is automatically apply the 10% or do you have to build commerce to geto 110% because this would take some reconfig for those with the 3-4 banks, 3 Shopping Malls, 2 Stadiums. (or subway instead of 4th bank)

I'd Go 

-20% Military Upkeep

-Manu 15% bonus

-110% commerce 

-Infra -5% (With Autocracy this equals -10% cost of infra)

- 5% bonus to combat values

☾☆

Priest of Dio

Dio-wryyy.gif

º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¸ GOD EMPEROR DIO BRANDO¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¸ DIO BRANDO GOD EMPEROR¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸

Ah, yeah, I mis-read it.  So you'll start with 7 MAP instead of the 6, no matter what.  Still pretty powerful.

I'd prefer the +1 Offensive Slot to be a -1 Defensive Slot - would make it much more worthwhile, but it does need to be a more difficult perk to reach.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

If you get 8 right off the bat, then I'd go Commerce (hopefully we'd be able to go up to 110%) and Trade.  Also, I know it would be a log way off, but if Commerce can go up to 110%, what will the World Trade Center Project do, just add another 15% on top of that so 125%? 

EDIT: 400th post........yeah me!!!!!

Edited by Coach

X4EfkAB.png

If you get 8 right off the bat, then I'd go Commerce (hopefully we'd be able to go up to 110%) and Trade.  Also, I know it would be a log way off, but if Commerce can go up to 110%, what will the World Trade Center Project do, just add another 15% on top of that so 125%? 

EDIT: 400th post........yeah me!!!!!

This is where it gets confusing, assuming the commerce perk does give 110%, the world trade center would only give a 5% increase.

d817a08065dedd9a96ef2886c5bb006c.gif

*The above is a screenshot

It would only allow it to reach 115%. It wouldn't boost it off of your current commerce.

Edited by Trotsky

I would definitely get the 3 war perks.

I love the option of getting a 5% reduction in infra costs, so I will consider getting the 3 Dev perks in order to get it. I don't think the new city per 9 days will help me, more probably it will have a negative impact on my nation's development. I would recommend you to move it to the 4th slot as it is something whales (players who pay >= $30 per month) will be more interested in than other players. I suppose that the 1 free improvement slot per city means that I'll have 11 slots for 500 infrastructure; 21 slots for 1000 infra; 31 slots for 1500 infra etc, right? If yes, I'll definitely consider getting this one.

Commerce Improvement Upkeep -20% is something I would value as well. Maybe the third tier in the Commerce tree would be something I'd seriously review. I would compare buying 1000 infra to buying 100% commerce at pessimistic resource prices and see which will give me a bigger bonus.

Trade boni are fine, but just not for me. Currently the market in the game is not mature at all, so depending on resource production is too high of a risk IMO

I totally adore the 4th tier in the military tree. IDK if it's worth the four perk slots though, given the opportunity cost.

I think the other monetary boni will give me a better bonus than the military discounts in tiers 2 and 3. I would consider the spy bonus too. I still haven't reviewed other nations to see how many spies they keep around.

☾☆

Priest of Dio

º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¸ GOD EMPEROR DIO BRANDO¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¸ DIO BRANDO GOD EMPEROR¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸

This is where it gets confusing, assuming the commerce perk does give 110%, the world trade center would only give a 5% increase.

d817a08065dedd9a96ef2886c5bb006c.gif

*The above is a screenshot

It would only allow it to reach 115%. It wouldn't boost it off of your current commerce.

Still a good combo, means you get to save one improvement slot (two banks without perk to reach 114%, one bank to reach 115% with perk).

Z98SzIG.png

• Administrators

I had intended for the commerce perk to be an additional 10% on top of all other bonuses, so coupled with the ITC would give you 125% commerce rate. I hadn't considered it a 10% increase to gross income, however, and without looking at the equation can't directly decide if it actually is or not. Perhaps nerfing that to 5% would make it less overpowered, but I need to run the numbers first.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

I had intended for the commerce perk to be an additional 10% on top of all other bonuses, so coupled with the ITC would give you 125% commerce rate. I hadn't considered it a 10% increase to gross income, however, and without looking at the equation can't directly decide if it actually is or not. Perhaps nerfing that to 5% would make it less overpowered, but I need to run the numbers first.

what if you just make it possible to increase 10%, but still had to buy the boost for it (i.e. add another supermarket and bank to get the +10%on top of the 100% you already)

The many forms of proof regarding Kastor's sexuality:

- Kastor: I already came out the closet.

- MaIone: I'm gay

* MaIone is now known as Kastor

- Henri: i'm a !@#$it

Skable: the !@#$ is a codo?

420kekscope.jpg

what if you just make it possible to increase 10%, but still had to buy the boost for it (i.e. add another supermarket and bank to get the +10%on top of the 100% you already)

The many forms of proof regarding Kastor's sexuality:

- Kastor: I already came out the closet.

- MaIone: I'm gay

* MaIone is now known as Kastor

- Henri: i'm a !@#$it

Skable: the !@#$ is a codo?

420kekscope.jpg

run the numbers based off of random nations to see how it affects stuff.

x0H0NxD.jpg?1

01:05:55 <%fistofdoom> im out of wine

01:06:03 <%fistofdoom> i winsih i had port
01:06:39 <@JoshF{BoC}> fistofdoom: is the snowman drunk with you

01:07:32 <%fistofdoom> i knet i forgot somehnt

Or, as Sheepy said, decrease the commerce boost. 

Even with a nerf to commerce, I still see it being used over the others 9/10 times. 

+1 MAP is fairly pointless when you get 66 of them over the course of a war. I think a better idea would be increasing the cap on MAPs from 12 to 15 in conjunction with the +1 point.

Edited by Prefontaine
  • Upvote 1

scSqPGJ.gif

Even with a nerf to commerce, I still see it being used over the others 9/10 times. 

+1 MAP is fairly pointless when you get 66 of them over the course of a war. I think a better idea would be increasing the cap on MAPs from 12 to 15.

I do agree that that's useless.  But Development is already quite strong.  Easily the second strongest.  Why do you think Development should be buffed?

aUel2fG.png

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[10:47] you used to be the voice of irc

I like this idea, the more I think about it; it nerfs the bonus, while still being 2/3 as powerful as the ITC, and , paired with ITC, also would enable a player to actually use all available commerce improvements (5 supermarkets, 1 more bank after subway), compared to the current standard end-build of 1 subway, 3 banks, malls and stadiums (although one supermarket would be under-capacity).

Edited by elsuper
  • Upvote 1

hxvRjGK.jpg

Lets run down the perks. Land costing 20% less. You typically are only buying land 3 times a city (Not much of a point going above 1500). I've 8 cities at that would be 24 times. 24 times it was useful in the course of almost 200 days (my city age). The other perks can help daily, outside of the war one, unless you're a raider, benefit you daily. The land discount only really helps for about 1.5M per city, and 20% of 1.5M is only 300k. So at my 8 cities a 2.4M discount over 200 days. Not much of a help.

Number 2, 9 days instead of 10? So if you join an alliance that funds your cities perfectly, you can get your 10th city 10 days before someone gets their 9th. How many nations do you see that really need that discount?

Infra 5% less. The only useful one here, but you have to buy two worthless ones to get thus making it not worth 3 perk slots.

1 free improvement slots. I rarely find myself in dire need of more improvement slots. This is somewhat helpful, primarily to new players but the weakest of all level 4 perks outside of the war slot, once again not worth the perk points to get to this level.

• Upvote 2

scSqPGJ.gif