Guardian announcement towards DEIC.

Prefontaine

I will be embargoing his alliance, and will ask all of my members and friends to follow suit. I stand in solidarity with my Blue friends.

Edited by Grealind
  • Upvote 6

greene.png

Formerly known as Grealind of Resvernas (28 October 2014-29 August 2017) and Greene of Japan (29 August 2017-28 Septmber 2017)

7th Caretaker of Duat, the Deity Thoth

Fair warning was given, and when no satisfactory response was forthcoming, the promised action was taken. Well done. How FA should be handled.

Actions like this should make one proud to be a Guardian member. If another alliance did this to one of mine, I'd take the same action.

• Upvote 2
wF9Bjre.gif

:rolleyes:

Edit: Since a SMILEY (emoticon is ASCII faces (sheesh, you just started using the net or something?)) is "spam" I will repeat what I've said countless time on IRC. Embargoes are a waste of time and ultimately do nothing.

Edited by underlordgc

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

Economic Warfare. And I doubt this will hurt DEIC at all. A Guardian Embargo won't hurt there economy. Guardian is a neutral Alliance and DEIC is in a Bloc. Guardian's 24 members not selling to DEIC will not do anything to hurt them. DEIC will just buy elsewhere or am I misunderstanding how embargoes work? If I am please correct me. I hate not knowing the right information in situations like this.

• Upvote 1

Fire is nice eh?

This will bring forth a new form of politics

Amidst the eternal waves of time From a ripple of change shall the storm rise Out of the abyss peer the eyes of a demon Behold the razgriz, its wings of black sheath The demon soars through dark skies Fear and death trail its shadow beneath Until men united weild a hallowed sabre In final reckoning, the beast is slain As the demon sleeps, man turns on man His own blood and madness soon cover the earth From the depths of despair awaken the razgriz Its raven wings ablaze in majestic light

Economic Warfare. And I doubt this will hurt DEIC at all. A Guardian Embargo won't hurt there economy. Guardian is a neutral Alliance and DEIC is in a Bloc. Guardian's 24 members not selling to DEIC will not do anything to hurt them. DEIC will just buy elsewhere or am I misunderstanding how embargoes work? If I am please correct me. I hate not knowing the right information in situations like this.

It is not only Guardian but also people who are siding with Guardian because they can sympathize with their cause or admire their action.

I will be embargoing his alliance, and will ask all of my members and friends to follow suit. I stand in solidarity with my Blue friends.

So it is a considerable, if not great, reduction in resource offers available to DEIC. At the same time, it is reduction in number of buyers DEIC resource sellers would have access to. It may work both ways Idk

Besides, I think it is more of a "carrying out one's threat" than anything else.

Blood of a king. Heart of a lion.

A wild gunfight has broken out between DEIC and Guardian.  But it's hard to hit the other guy when you're shooting through your own foot first.

aUel2fG.png

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[10:47] you used to be the voice of irc

A wild gunfight has broken out between DEIC and Guardian.  But it's hard to hit the other guy when you're shooting through your own foot first.

I guess we'll have to wait and see, this will be interesting thats for sure

Peace will never be accomplished without war, but war cannot happen without peace.... or something like that idk

I guess we'll have to wait and see, this will be interesting thats for sure

DEIC and Guardian are hurting each other/themselves and helping everyone who is not in Guardian or DEIC by my estimation.

Edited by Ashland
  • Upvote 1

aUel2fG.png

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[10:47] you used to be the voice of irc

That would depend if GUARDIAN nations werent buying resources from DEIC nations then this embargo wont hurt them and if DEIC nations were buying resources from GUARDIAN nations then this embargo will hurt DEIC and vice versa. If they were buying each others resources then they will have hurt both of their economies through this embargo.

But if people are siding with guardian and embargoing deic then deic is running out of nations to get supplies from through the market while guardian still has bigger market to work with.

Amidst the eternal waves of time From a ripple of change shall the storm rise Out of the abyss peer the eyes of a demon Behold the razgriz, its wings of black sheath The demon soars through dark skies Fear and death trail its shadow beneath Until men united weild a hallowed sabre In final reckoning, the beast is slain As the demon sleeps, man turns on man His own blood and madness soon cover the earth From the depths of despair awaken the razgriz Its raven wings ablaze in majestic light

Embargoes are more of a diplomatic censure than an actually painful action.

• Upvote 2

greene.png

Formerly known as Grealind of Resvernas (28 October 2014-29 August 2017) and Greene of Japan (29 August 2017-28 Septmber 2017)

7th Caretaker of Duat, the Deity Thoth

We removed the embargos.

Every remaining are from people who just still didnt push  the X- button.

Friends again?  :wub:

It says a lot about your alliance that you backtracked so quickly. 

Why do you feel you were wrong for placing the embargoes?

Edited by Placentica