Guardian announcement towards DEIC.

Prefontaine

The majority of DEIC nations have lifted the embargo against Kangaroo Ocean, including Diabolos. I can only take this to mean the order has been lifted on embargoing our member. While a few stragglers remain, I'm not going to split hairs as my issue was it being an alliance order to embargo, not a couple of people doing it on their own accord. Thus, I've lifted my order for Guardian to embargo DEIC. Those who questioned the relevance of the alliance embargo, I point to the results; we got what we wanted without spilling any blood. You may claim this didn't need to be publicized, but if it wasn't DEIC nations would have only had their sides statements on the reason for the sudden embargo. Also, though I never asked nations/alliances outside of my own to join in on this, some did on their own, and others contacted me privately to see if they should join in as well, to which I said no. 

On a personal note, I enjoy the added dimension in political interaction that embargoes add. Cheers.

• Upvote 4

scSqPGJ.gif

Peaceful resolution, GPA would be proud. 

• Upvote 1

rsz_1g7q_ak91409798280.jpg

If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a roll.

There is one you will follow. One who is the shining star, and he will lead you to beautiful places in the search of his own vanity. And when there is no more vanity to be found, he will leave you in darkness, as a fading memory of his own creation.

Good to see a peaceful resolution. (With a minimal amount of shitposting, to boot!)

59a.gif

"They're turning kids into slaves just to make cheaper sneakers.

But what's the real cost? ‘Cause the sneakers don't seem that much cheaper.

Why are we still paying so much for sneakers when you got them made by little slave kids?

What are your overheads?"

To clarify it was never an order from the government of VoC, some members may have misinterpreted it as such though. 

Some members seemed pretty adamant on it, same reason (global embargo order, the fact that it wasn't global is an entirely different subject though) and the few I talked to on it explicitly said they had orders. Just seems a bit too organized for it to be a few members misinterpreting something. There's also the fact that you said the embargoes were to protect your members and to help keep them competitive on the markets (paraphrasing) which makes it seem like it was more than a simple misunderstanding by your members.

Edited by Shellhound

uHQTKq6.png

To clarify it was never an order from the government of VoC, some members may have misinterpreted it as such though. 

I don't think you are being truthful.  I received an embargo from just about every VoC/DEIC nation and almost all of them had the same embargo message.  There is no other way that could happen unless it was a VoC/DEIC order.

Well, if it wasn't an order, what was it? As our member(s) have pointed out, the reasons listed it as such, and some members were PMed in response about it. Combine that with how rapidly it happened, seems like an order to us. But please, clarify if we're wrong. 

scSqPGJ.gif

Well, if it wasn't an order, what was it? As our member(s) have pointed out, the reasons listed it as such, and some members were PMed in response about it. Combine that with how rapidly it happened, seems like an order to us. But please, clarify if we're wrong. 

It was a recommendation to all members to embargo said nation with listed reasons, after that it was an automated recommendation to new members.

Members didn't have to embargo and no effort was made to check if they did embargo, naturally most would embargo.

Edited by Diabolos
  • Upvote 1

IpHGyGc.png

It seems like the path out of this was pretty simple and it was taken.  To me, this indicates that both Guardian and DEIC are reasonable and are both seeking to avoid confrontation.  This increases my opinion of both alliances.

Edited by Aisha Greyjoy
  • Upvote 1

Duke of House Greyjoy

It was a recommendation to all members to embargo said nation with listed reasons, after that it was an automated recommendation to new members.

Members didn't have to embargo and no effort was made to check if they did embargo, naturally most would embargo.

So you sent out a recommendation telling your nations to embargo, and you think you aren't liable for the embargo?

"I recommended my members to attack alliance X, they all attacked alliance X, but since I didn't force them to I am not liable for war."

• Upvote 1

rsz_1g7q_ak91409798280.jpg

If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a roll.

There is one you will follow. One who is the shining star, and he will lead you to beautiful places in the search of his own vanity. And when there is no more vanity to be found, he will leave you in darkness, as a fading memory of his own creation.

"I recommended my members to attack alliance X, they all attacked alliance X, but since I didn't force them to I am not liable for war."

Something something defensive aggression

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

Didn't I see something similar in a mobster movie? The boss didn't order the hit, he just made it plain, he wouldn't mind seeing the guy dead. Not too long after that the guy was dead.

Another example: my ex would hang a list of things around the house to be done on the frig. She didn't order me to do them, but was always pissed if that list wasn't done and took it out on me.(wonder why she is the ex)

• Upvote 1

So you sent out a recommendation telling your nations to embargo, and you think you aren't liable for the embargo?

Why would I care if I was liable or not for the embargo, the only reason I mention it is because our members were not ordered to do so, they had free will and could have chosen not to if they did not approve of the recommendation of which there would have being no negative feedback towards them because it was not an order for them to carry out.

You have a bad example, but none the less it is still a choice and not an order.

• Upvote 1

IpHGyGc.png

Plausible deniability.

Never write it down and make it clear what you want done. Then keep a close eye noting who does what you want and who defies your wishes. Then you know who to trust, who to aid, who to promote, who to fire. And through it all, you can deny liability. It was never an order. *Wink wink

Plausible deniability.

Never write it down and make it clear what you want done. Then keep a close eye noting who does what you want and who defies your wishes. Then you know who to trust, who to aid, who to promote, who to fire. And through it all, you can deny liability. It was never an order. *Wink wink

You're assuming we take embargoes seriously and I would actually care if members did not follow my recommendation on embargoing a nation.

If it was serious at all I would have made an announcement on these forums like Guardian did for the embargoes they ordered.  

IpHGyGc.png

Then why are you posting here vincent?

Amidst the eternal waves of time From a ripple of change shall the storm rise Out of the abyss peer the eyes of a demon Behold the razgriz, its wings of black sheath The demon soars through dark skies Fear and death trail its shadow beneath Until men united weild a hallowed sabre In final reckoning, the beast is slain As the demon sleeps, man turns on man His own blood and madness soon cover the earth From the depths of despair awaken the razgriz Its raven wings ablaze in majestic light