Whale Support

Firwof Kromwell

So tell me how the game mostly does not support whales?

911703584_Screenshot2020-06-03at3_15_51PM.png.5470d9234a2b4d4d34fdad32c148e3e5.png

Now tell me how the game does not support whales? (Look at all the projects too)

memed-iFirwof650x150.jpeg.9a92ea222b9010f9fae97a1864a6759e.jpeg     

I personally voice my own thought processes based on own desires of informational curiosity as well love for discussion based on questions & statements I made rather just trusting info like a collective hivemind

Onlookers whom hop aboard the brainless bandwagon refusing inter-articulation based on assumed feelings, go give yo balls a tug ya tit fugger         

Instead of a flat 1mil, most whales get 1mil or more, that is unraidable plus what they are already farming. Every none whale then gets below that. One cannot do much w/ $50,000 in game too. It is really gonna suck for those getting sent loans, grants, & aid when they get raided when in the middle of dealing w/ all that cash

I personally voice my own thought processes based on own desires of informational curiosity as well love for discussion based on questions & statements I made rather just trusting info like a collective hivemind

Onlookers whom hop aboard the brainless bandwagon refusing inter-articulation based on assumed feelings, go give yo balls a tug ya tit fugger         

Not sure why you are complaining. This change was widely agreed on and helps lower level raiders the most. In any case there is nothing wrong with this game supplying more content for older players(or supporting whales as you call it). After all this is literally a nation building game in which you are constantly trying to grow your nation lol. 

Edited by lightside
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, lightside said:

In any case there is nothing wrong with this game supplying more content for older players(or supporting whales as you call it). After all this is literally a nation building game in which you are constantly trying to grow your nation lol. 

I just would like to see the next big update be aimed for the smaller nations. Not much has been done to aid them besides certain projects, & some of this current small update.  Even w/ those project, you need more infra, money, & rss which most whales have.  

🤷‍♂️

The more I think of this the more it seems like the start of a communist revolution.

• Complains about the rich getting richer
  • Complains about the poor not getting much
  • Demanding the poor get more (even though they did) 
  • Lead by a man with a fancy moustache

• Haha 2

This update helps smaller nations far more, with low tier raiding being the best way to actually make money in the early game, reducing the unraidable cap for lower tier means that you can make more money off raiding. 

In the case of a whale, at the moment the person with the most cities (Wampus) gets an unraidable cap of 2.25m, this is practically pocket change in the higher tiers, it's in no way a massive buff to the whales, it's simply a far better adjustment.

Furthermore, projects focused on the lower tier are much harder to design as you would need it to become less viable as you tier up, and since people tend to reach mid/lower mid tier fairly quickly, those projects won't see much use and are wasted time that could be invested elsewhere in polishing out features, designing new ones etc.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Hello, you've reached the Whale support line. Please listen closely as our options have changed. 

• Press '1' if you'd like to complain that content targeted for "late game" only helps whales.
  • Press '2' if you'd like to vote against content targeting helping new players, while complaining there isn't enough content that helps new players.
  • Press '3' if you'd like to complain that the admin doesn't listen to anyone except Prefontaine.
  • Press '4' if you're Partisan.
  • Press '5' if you think more needs to be done to help new players, even though a comprehensive tutorial has been announced to be implemented, players are reaching high city counts worlds quicker than previously, the market prices have been elevated to support the sale of resources which bolster new players economy, and several other factors.
  • Press '6' if you complain about any change, regardless of what it is. Change is scary.
  • Press '7' if you would like to post a constructive, well thought out critique of things, while presenting alternative ideas that, even though you may not think it, do get listened to and cause tweaks in conten-- I'm just kidding no one presses '7'.
  • Press '0' to hear these options again, or stay on the line and one of our representatives will be with you shortly.
  • Haha 4
  • Downvote 1

scSqPGJ.gif

On 6/4/2020 at 4:50 PM, Prefontaine said:

Hello, you've reached the Whale support line. Please listen closely as our options have changed. 

• Press '1' if you'd like to complain that content targeted for "late game" only helps whales.
  • Press '2' if you'd like to vote against content targeting helping new players, while complaining there isn't enough content that helps new players.
  • Press '3' if you'd like to complain that the admin doesn't listen to anyone except Prefontaine.
  • Press '5' if you think more needs to be done to help new players, even though a comprehensive tutorial has been announced to be implemented, players are reaching high city counts worlds quicker than previously, the market prices have been elevated to support the sale of resources which bolster new players economy, and several other factors.
  • Press '6' if you complain about any change, regardless of what it is. Change is scary.
  • Press '7' if you would like to post a constructive, well thought out critique of things, while presenting alternative ideas that, even though you may not think it, do get listened to and cause tweaks in conten-- I'm just kidding no one presses '7'.
  • Press '0' to hear these options again, or stay on the line and one of our representatives will be with you shortly.

Checkmate

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Aah... Now there is the kind &  humored community I remember

On 6/4/2020 at 1:05 PM, Prefontaine said:

os9LcJK.gif

On 6/4/2020 at 4:05 AM, Prefontaine said:

Press '7' if you would like to post a constructive, well thought out critique of things, while presenting alternative ideas that, even though you may not think it, do get listened to and cause tweaks in conten-- I'm just kidding no one presses '7'.

Y'know, I've tried on two separate occasions to criticize the imagery and presentation of the "snore" page. I attempted to point out the obvious flaws with calling this most fundamental of mechanics (time progressing) a "problem" and "unusual", rather than as a perfectly normal process that deserves patience. I even presented the alternative idea of changing the wording and image to reflect a message of industry, energy, activity and progress, such as "please wait while your citizens work" or an animated .gif of gears turning.

First suggestion? Buried and lost in the suggestions subforum, almost page 3 by now. Well, that's what I get for titling it "cosmetic" I suppose.

Second time, I was able to communicate this to Alex directly... and his response? "Snore page has been reduced to 65 seconds though".

....my concerns have nothing to do with the timing but rather the presentation. And my clarification has remained unread 😢

Meanwhile, I just checked to be sure, and yep: Snore page still apologizes for "heavy load". Bleaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh

I mean, it's understandable that Alex is a busy person and listening to all of the everyone talking at him is a completely unreasonable ask, but please acknowledge that rather than just declare that everyone's suggestions are listened to 😕

UPDATE: Alex just replied to me and he agrees the improvements would be good :D

Edited by Sir Scarfalot
Ok he listened :D
  • Thanks 1