Endgame?

Sir Scarfalot

19 hours ago, Hodor said:

I'm not going to address any other points at the moment because they all pertain to the eventuality of NPO entering. I will hold out some hope that that does not happen, but once it does I will address the others.

Well, now that it's happened, your address is awaited

Guest Frawley
Just now, CandyShi said:

Shit I guess I don’t know how days work.

Its so obvious now, June 13th was before surfs up. Clearly.

They were old logs, I know when the approach happened, it was pre war, why do you think I named the war "That's bait".

Yes I'm sure the plans to roll us were entirely scrapped and not just put on the back-burner.

Humans cannot create anything out of nothingness. Humans cannot accomplish anything without holding onto something. After all, humans are not gods.

6 minutes ago, Frawley said:

They were old logs, I know when the approach happened, it was pre war, why do you think I named the war "That's bait".

What, because you thought Chaos/KETOGG had literally gone to war in response to your at that point unpublished plans to roll both of us?

What kind of crazy 420d chess "bait" is that?

Edited by Sir Scarfalot

Guest Frawley
Just now, Sir Scarfalot said:

What, because you thought Chaos/KETOGG had literally gone to war in response to your at that point unpublished plans to roll both of us?

What kind of crazy 420d chess "bait" is that?

No because in the first day of the war, I guessed you had heard a rumour and had gone for a war to frick with plans.

4 minutes ago, Frawley said:

No because in the first day of the war, I guessed you had heard a rumour and had gone for a war to frick with plans.

Again I ask the question, how is us going to war anywhere near a sensible or sane response to such rumors?

GG on leaking your plans early though I guess, and for that matter thank you for confirming that said plans were indeed still there to be fricked with at the time of the war?

Edited by Sir Scarfalot

40 minutes ago, Kyubnyan said:

Yes I'm sure the plans to roll us were entirely scrapped and not just put on the back-burner.

They actually were though. KETOG through a wrench in the plans and we decided it would be better to wait and grow, especially since we heard rumors of Chaos instability and the possibility for a shifting landscape.

The logs were obviously old, we were planning for NR and TF lmfao, so pretending that was planned during the war is disingenuous.

Edited by Aragorn, son of Arathorn
  • Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, Frawley said:

Literally what, where's the logic in that?

Why on earth would we attack each other to 'frick with plans' yet then turn around and attack BK AFTER rolling each other. Where the frick is any tiny semblance of sense in that argument?

Guest Frawley
2 minutes ago, Deos said:

Literally what, where's the logic in that?

Why on earth would we attack each other to 'frick with plans' yet then turn around and attack BK AFTER rolling each other. Where the frick is any tiny semblance of sense in that argument?

Direct quote: "I guessed you had heard"

2 minutes ago, Frawley said:

Direct quote: "I guessed you had heard"

I think the question was more about the 'frick with plans' by going to war than the guessing we had heard about the plans. Who hears that they are going to potentially be attacked and thinks I need to attack the other alliances that will be on the defensive..?? If I cripple Chaos then BK will find it some much harder to roll us?? Is that a strategy that NPO has ever considered?? Would you do that??

Guest Frawley
7 minutes ago, Senatorius said:

I think the question was more about the 'frick with plans' by going to war than the guessing we had heard about the plans. Who hears that they are going to potentially be attacked and thinks I need to attack the other alliances that will be on the defensive..?? If I cripple Chaos then BK will find it some much harder to roll us?? Is that a strategy that NPO has ever considered?? Would you do that??

I have been playing polsims for 13 years, trust me its far from the strangest deflective tactic I have seen. 

59 minutes ago, Frawley said:

I have been playing polsims for 13 years, trust me its far from the strangest deflective tactic I have seen. 

Question is, why would we need to deflect in the first place?

What's the point of (according to you), attacking Chaos to avoid a hit from BK, and then turn around hitting BK regardless, this 'deflection' really didn't do anything to help us.

5 hours ago, James II said:

You teamed up to hit BK sphere, and consolidated the uppers. Why would you think the rest of the game would be okay with that?

BK and N$o sphere did not conspire. BK asked. Spin it out how you want, facts don't care about your feelings.

yH2Azy4.jpg

4 hours ago, Aragorn, son of Arathorn said:

They actually were though. KETOG through a wrench in the plans and we decided it would be better to wait and grow, especially since we heard rumors of Chaos instability and the possibility for a shifting landscape.

The logs were obviously old, we were planning for NR and TF lmfao, so pretending that was planned during the war is disingenuous.

Yeah except the only logs pretty much demonstrate the only purpose of you growing would be to hit us later. The logs showed you planned before the ketog war, you trying to hit Nova (which actually started before anything about the cheating came to light) showed you wanted to intervene against us during, and we had literally nothing to assume it would be any different in the future. Sphinx's moves and the chat I had with him after the leak but before the actual war made that pretty obvious to me. And Ketog apparently had reason to fear t$, so, a BK-NPO teamup to dogpile us seemed to be in the cards no matter what we did... so why let it be on your terms?

Also lol at Frawley. "I named the war bait because I assumed they had heard about the logs that already existed but my alliance was denying knowing anything about, but this is only because I happened to guess they existed while my alliance was denying it." Ok bud.

Honestly, the way this is playing out is doing a lot to dispel the idea that NPO actually has any idea what they're doing with FA. I'm starting to see it more like you're a disorganized, paranoid mess who happened to fluke into an advantageous position you can't even figure out what to do with. The idea that an alliance that is basically 150 nations who will do whatever you say almost without question and an economic battery that has over 5 million infro could have this deep of a paranoid victim complex blows my mind way open... like.... it's okay guys. You can take a risk. You'll be fine. Everyone gets their teeth kicked in eventually; if my silly alliance can survive it yours certainly can. Here's some cocoa. :P

Edited by Spaceman Thrax
  • Upvote 1

Slaughter the shits of the world. They poison the air you breathe.

~ William S. Burroughs

4 minutes ago, Spaceman Thrax said:

Honestly, the way this is playing out is doing a lot to dispel the idea that NPO actually has any idea what they're doing with FA. I'm starting to see it more like you're a disorganized, paranoid mess who happened to fluke into an advantageous position you can't even figure out what to do with.

We've been figured out. Roq switch off the power.

Guest Frawley
7 minutes ago, Spaceman Thrax said:

Also lol at Frawley. "I named the war bait because I assumed they had heard about the logs that already existed but my alliance was denying knowing anything about, but this is only because I happened to guess they existed while my alliance was denying it." Ok bud.

Honestly, the way this is playing out is doing a lot to dispel the idea that NPO actually has any idea what they're doing with FA.

That's not what I said.  I said I guessed you had heard a rumour, which considering the mouth on people like Abbas etc, is hardly a revelation.

14 minutes ago, Frawley said:

That's not what I said.  I said I guessed you had heard a rumour, which considering the mouth on people like Abbas etc, is hardly a revelation.

Ok, I mean, I was being a little flippant, so I'll try again. Here's the thing then. I mean, for next time. :P

There's a difference between hearing a rumour and thinking that rumour has credibility. The biggest thing that makes me assume NPO as a whole is being disingenuous about what they knew about the quoted part in the leaked material is that they issued a flat denial, which is pretty much unthinkable. TCW said they intended to hit up your sphere, and no one in that sphere ever floated anything to NPO? Ridiculous. My assumption is that they did, and you gave a noncommittal, but not negative response. It's pretty clear from the tone of the posts from BK's sphere since t$'s dec that they see this as an attempt to help them. And, that makes sense, because it very simply is.

But in terms of the leak your present allies have claimed to be baffled. So the way I see it, either you are keeping the depth of your contacts with the parties from the leaks from them, or all of you are lying. That has me worried more than Abbas, because Abbas is kind of a dingbat. :P 

~ William S. Burroughs

Guest Frawley
4 minutes ago, Spaceman Thrax said:

Ok, I mean, I was being a little flippant, so I'll try again. Here's the thing then. I mean, for next time. :P

There's a difference between hearing a rumour and thinking that rumour has credibility. The biggest thing that makes me assume NPO as a whole is being disingenuous about what they knew about the quoted part in the leaked material is that they issued a flat denial, which is pretty much unthinkable. TCW said they intended to hit up your sphere, and no one in that sphere ever floated anything to NPO? Ridiculous. My assumption is that they did, and you gave a noncommittal, but not negative response. It's pretty clear from the tone of the posts from BK's sphere since t$'s dec that they see this as an attempt to help them. And, that makes sense, because it very simply is.

But in terms of the leak your present allies have claimed to be baffled. So the way I see it, either you are keeping the depth of your contacts with the parties from the leaks from them, or all of you are lying. That has me worried more than Abbas, because Abbas is kind of a dingbat. :P 

As far as I'm aware we said very little concrete about the leaks, but I have said in this thread that clearly I knew we had been asked.  Not sure how that is disingenuous.  I don't speak for the Emperor so I'm not going to comment on what our response might or might not have been considering everything went out the window a day or two later when KETOG hit Chaos, but sure, a great guess would be that we didn't say no.  Why would we, clearly we are more likely to be pro rolling people who hate us, than people who don't.

6 minutes ago, Frawley said:

As far as I'm aware we said very little concrete about the leaks, but I have said in this thread that clearly I knew we had been asked.  Not sure how that is disingenuous.  I don't speak for the Emperor so I'm not going to comment on what our response might or might not have been considering everything went out the window a day or two later when KETOG hit Chaos, but sure, a great guess would be that we didn't say no.  Why would we, clearly we are more likely to be pro rolling people who hate us, than people who don't.

That's a paperless tie, by the definition your government has established. I know I was accused of holding paperless ties for far, far less. :P

So you maintained paperless ties to IQ while allying t$. Which everyone can obviously tell, but doesn't jive well with the narrative Kayser was trying to spew. That's my point, mostly.

Edited by Spaceman Thrax

~ William S. Burroughs

Guest Frawley
Just now, Spaceman Thrax said:

That's a paperless tie, by the definition your government has established. :P

No, if it was a Paperless tie, we would have been balls deep in KT about 10 minutes after they hit BK, I'd have made sure of that.

Just now, Frawley said:

No, if it was a Paperless tie, we would have been balls deep in KT about 10 minutes after they hit BK, I'd have made sure of that.

You guys have a really elastic definition of a paperless tie. I guess it's "whatever someone else does, but not what we do"?

~ William S. Burroughs

Guest Frawley
Just now, Spaceman Thrax said:

You guys have a really elastic definition of a paperless tie. I guess it's "whatever someone else does, but not what we do"?

No we don't. If we make an actual agreement we stick to it.  Hence we would have been in if it existed.  It doesn't which is why we have come into a totally different section of the war days later.

46 minutes ago, Frawley said:

20 minutes ago, Spaceman Thrax said:

I am missing some context here but how did I end up in this conversation? I do have a big mouth but I did not know about any of this leak stuff until after the rainbow thread. 

I am not a member of Guardian p&w

f2VouKU.png

Guest Frawley
1 minute ago, Abbas Mehdi said:

I am missing some context here but how did I end up in this conversation? I do have a big mouth but I did not know about any of this leak stuff until after the rainbow thread. 

I just used your name as an example of someone with a big mouth thats all. ❤️ u

Edited by Frawley