Sign in to follow this  
Inst

Alternative 2018 PnW Awards: Alliance Category

The Alternative 2018 PnW Awards! (Alliance Categories)  

36 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'll put the rest of them up over the course of the day. You're allowed to vote for multiple topics, and I've taken a lot of effort to make sure joke options are available. I encourage you to vote endlessly for the joke options.

Edited by Inst
  • Upvote 1

Yeah, now we have Inst running the votes. Real upgrade here guys.

It always amuses me how childish people get over these awards which mean literally nothing atm. If they had actual meaning, then as discussed we would have a far better method of doing it and people voting with legitimate reasons behind them.

I suspect however most of you don't care and just want to be able to get people to spam a result, so you win the award because apparently you're that desperate for recognition. Too bad it changes literally no ones mind about. The only reason I like it is that I get to reflect on a year in the nomination thread, and actually weigh up myself who had a successful/unsuccessful year. To see how much the game has changed etc.

Maybe if you guys stopped acting like you were prom queens trying to justify your inflated self-worth with a cheap vote we'd actually get a better kick out of this as a community. Given this community atm I highly doubt it though.

/rant

• Upvote 5

This is simply the same vote system which makes no difference to current awards. I would like to see another system with jury with experience and active players who for sure will be biased but they will need to choose a winner together by discussion with each other (group chat at discord or special server for that). Then they would need to give a proper explanation why they choose that person/alliance so each award would be more meaningful.(maybe with adding who was close to win but they chose this person/alliance instead). With this system that would be less awards ofc. To keep only that serious ones which in current system awards are chosen unfair(for example my alliance is the best). Furthermore in current awards, I am pretty sure Most Dynamic Player will be... Dynamic and etc. People mostly vote by their hearts.(because of hate, pride or for jokes,  etc.)  I would like to see awards opposite to current one which will be more serious only with people who really spent all year in this game being active and up to date with PnW news. But this is probably only my dream I guess that it will never happen.

(Sorry for mistakes I don't get use to write such a long text at forum, always trying to keep it short to avoid them or just put picture/gif instead)

• Upvote 2

I think to many categories are one problem with these awards if anyone is expected to vote seriously, rather than just pick out a name they recognize & like, then go with that. Only some of these Caregories do I even have an opinion on; many seem kind of repetitive as well.

Not sure how we ended up with so many Caregories, although I think the result is people putting less thought into each vote if they even bother voting in all of them. This problem applies to other vote as well. (Maybe more so, since it had even more Caregories bunched together to vote for all at once)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

>Community continuously shits on Democracy in-game

>Trusts democracy to tell them who to like/worship in this game

>Gets angry when the results don't match what's on their mind and demands another vote

4MR1YJc.gif

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Fixed.

Thanks for actually bothering to vote; I just came back from a 6 hour drive and I was thinking, frick it? Nah, frick not doing it. Promise I'll get the damn thing up by next update.

1 hour ago, 🗲ϟħ̧i̧₣ɫ̵γ͘ ̶™🗲 said:

>Community continuously shits on Democracy in-game

>Trusts democracy to tell them who to like/worship in this game

>Gets angry when the results don't match what's on their mind and demands another vote

4MR1YJc.gif

Forcing TKR to participate in at least 3 dozen votes on this subject should be part of the surrender terms.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Inst said:

Forcing TKR to participate in at least 3 dozen votes on this subject should be part of the surrender terms.

I second that. Anyone else?

• Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Ryan1 said:

I second that. Anyone else?

We'd have to ensure that each individual vote is both different, and inconvenient/flawed in a different way. One is mandatory mail-in, one requires a government ID, there's a poll tax for one, you need a doctor to certify competence to vote for another, proof of highschool education, two are ranked voting and one has a manual run-off instead of actually using the rankings each voter submitted in the first place...

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

We'd have to ensure that each individual vote is both different, and inconvenient/flawed in a different way. One is mandatory mail-in, one requires a government ID, there's a poll tax for one, you need a doctor to certify competence to vote for another, proof of highschool education, two are ranked voting and one has a manual run-off instead of actually using the rankings each voter submitted in the first place...

tl,dr? I'm feeling lazy tonight.

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Ryan1 said:

tl,dr? I'm feeling lazy tonight.

Torture TKR with a whole bunch of election rigging BS for memes.

Enumerated ideas:

1. Voters have to send in a hand-written ballot to a specific PO box
2. Voters must show an actual ID to vote
3. Voters are assigned a "district" randomly, and their district votes to determine which way the district votes
4. Voters are assigned a "district" by BK, and they have no say in the matter
5. Voters must get a doctors' note to certify that they're of sound mind
6. Voters vote for their preferences in order, instant runoff style. Then their votes are counted in reverse order (last choice is counted as first choice etc.)
7. Voters vote for their suggestions, which are forwarded to NPO, who then decides who actually wins
8. Voters have to pay $1m to Fraggle in order to vote, but if they pay $10m they can vote twice
9. Voters must vote for their preferences in order, instant runoff style... but they have to submit a confirmation ballot after the main ballots are counted
10. TKR and TKR allied votes count for 3/5ths of a vote
11. Everyone's votes are fairly counted, but anyone that votes against IQ gets rolled

Edited by Sir Scarfalot
  • Upvote 2