#SexismEndsNow

Kynlo

1 minute ago, Rache Olderen said:

No Micchan, idiots depend on the internet to live as it feeds their idiot glands. Killing the internet will starve those idiot glands to death.

Jokes on you, I don't meet people irl

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Insert Name Here said:

It's alright, we'll send them to Guantanamo.

But the biggest problem is to understand who is an idiot

I can consider an idiot someone with an opinion very different from my point of view, but who gives me the right to decide who is wrong?

And even if we can resolve this first problem then who gives me the right to stop them if their opinion doesen't harm anyone?

I might look like a promoter of ideals of freedom while in fact I censore the freedom of expression of others

But that's enough, no more things unrelated to the topic of the thread and let's go back to the most important thing, can we have this booty please?

3 hours ago, Johnny Costello said:

Speak the !@#$ up gurlllll.  When everyone saw me with a female Avi but "Johnny" then I said I'm a guy.  People treated me different.  What if I was a Chick.  Are they afraid I'll rub my period on them.  

Cute. Issue A is more important so women know your role.  We got terrorists to stop first.  Sounds like you can't think of more than 1 issue at once.  Or perhaps you lack the capacity to see any REAL issue.  

This is why we started this.  It is happening and the Game Dev obviously can't keep up with it.  Alex has to brush his teeth once a day atleast.  So we she'd light on these matters hidden from Alex.  Sad to say they his them from you too my friend 

Still a judgement.  In fact I know a multitude of those Asians who are terrible at mathematics,  yet they succed in history.  But do we pay Asians less for their education?  No.  Do we pay women less for not having a penis?  Yes.  See the issue.  Education isn't the factor. It's gender.  Quit playing who has it worse.  

You're right there dude.  Very creepy 

Yeah.  Is that too hard to understand.  Try using a brain not a Cock.  

Have you looked at a human being once?  Just once.  Or do you enjoy living a lie.  Pay for jobs.  Males earn 40%+ sorry they put female on the application huh?  Next time yell.  "I HAVE A DICK" you might get enough to afford real food.  

You're treated normally because you're profile makes it tough to identity you as female.  

In conclusion I believe we have shead some light that Sexism exists heavy.  In fact it's proven in this very thread.  Terrible that people feel a human life is a joke.  Maybe if mommy hugged you more you'd actually understand you're not the only person in this world.  !@#$ing sickening to see guys act like their Dick is a fycking God.  It's 6 inches if you pull on it get over yourself 

It's ok dad I still love you 

>acts extremely insulting and condescending

>”why do people not like me? It must be because I have a vagina!”

You're treated normally because you're profile makes it tough to identity you as female.“

You mean I don’t wave it around constantly like “IM A WOMAN LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME”? I have a female username, a (fabulously smug) female profile pic, and my profile gender is stated as female. If that’s your definition of ‘tough to identify’ then okay lol.

Edited by Tsilya Tsyganov
  • Upvote 4

Just now, Micchan said:

But the biggest problem is to understand who is an idiot

I can consider an idiot someone with an opinion very different from my point of view, but who gives me the right to decide who is wrong?

And even if we can resolve this first problem then who gives me the right to stop them if their opinion doesen't harm anyone?

I might look like a promoter of ideals of freedom while in fact I censore the freedom of expression of others

But that's enough, no more things unrelated to the topic of the thread and let's go back to the most important thing, can we have this booty please?

Easy, we just brand them all as idiots.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Sailor Jerry said:

I'm not standing for shit!  I'm entitled to think, feel and say what I want!  Now get off my lawn and !@#$ OFF!!!!

4 hours ago, Sylvia said:

In case you have not noticed, the OWF is not your lawn.  You're welcome for informing you of that fact.

4 hours ago, WISD0MTREE said:

Maybe because you are the one making it controversial? Take this for example. 

The only messages I've seen against women are because they made stupid comments, which would happen equally to any male on here. Kind of like this comment below. 

Sailor Jerry has been shitposting for almost three years now. This is a typical shitpost and does not warrant any response at all. I really can't fathom why you would even waste the keystrokes on replying. "You're welcome for informing you of that fact" makes you come off as rude and close minded. 

I'm not standing for this shit!  I'm entitled to think, feel and say what I want!  Now get off my lawn and (insert word filter here) OFF!

Echo chamber? Ummm, perhaps I suppose but that is due to so many challenging the Roz and being beaten ever so badly. 

3 hours ago, Karl VII said:

Dude you just sound like one of those creepy dudes that go to pick up seminars and try to be an "alpha" but just come across as rapey.

Well to a puritanical mind I'm sure such talk from an open mind would indeed be unsettling and disturbing. I like to promote all sorts of love to people and help get them be happier, for dullness is a killer. Had a lot of bad cases put in front of me. Left wing guys are overly weak and are terrified of doing anything to a woman. The right wing guys are boredom personified and the far-right guys have that "white only" thing which I've told them numerous times is ever so stupid and they're lying to themselves too. White males such as us are the most desired so if they have taken care of themselves then oh the sweet honey they have out there waiting for them... if they ever became more manly of course. 

So you see, the Roz is a man of great love. Certainly not "rapey". 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Insert Name Here said:

Johnny, I like you but I have to disagree with you here. I know Katie fairly well. She's always talking shit about men (especially white). I'm a white man and I find her rants hilarious. I hate discrimination as much as anyone with a brain, but this whole thing is unnecessary.

Katie, like most of us here (I do it all the time), just happens to say a lot of stupid shit. Apart from a few sporadic cases, people here are actually pretty respectful OOC wise. I'd go as far as saying they act way crazier about IC stuff.

Imo people should just stop being over-sensitive and chill.

Bro disagreeing is cool but you're not offened.  You got no worry in the world.  I admire tf out of that.  Plus you're like my favoritest person here next to Ripper.  

Also shitposting is cool. If she is shitposting this I find her going overboard for my taste.  If this is her real belief I no longer hold respect for her.  

1 hour ago, WISD0MTREE said:

Some of your replies could easily be seen as insults, such as this reply to me. 

A general sarcastic reply but I'm labeled the sensitive one...  Hmm I stood up for my beliefs.  Perhaps harsh yes.  But I did no harm to your way of life.  

1 hour ago, Hope said:

This ^^ 

And evening JP thought being gay was immoral, you know what I say? Whatever. I disagree with him, but that doesn’t change what I think about him personally. He’s still a good person, we just disagree politically.

To disagree politically is just fine.  To hold a group from achieving their full potential based on a political belief isn't 

I hold the Right to my own Fate

yUpP2fl.jpg

9 minutes ago, Sylvia said:

I'm not standing for this shit!  I'm entitled to think, feel and say what I want!  Now get off my lawn and (insert word filter here) OFF!

*Scratches head* 

I'm not sure what message you're trying to express there, but I will say one thing.

PnW is one of the least politically controversial communities I've ever belonged to, and I say this out of disappointment.  I've been on tons of discussion boards, chat rooms, forums, instant messenger services, and whatever else literally since consumer access to internet was born in the early '90s.  I honestly believe this is one of the reasons there's so little war in the game.  The players are so politically ambiguous that it's nigh impossible to actually have a conflict about anything. 

If anything, the real world could take a page out of PnW's playbook in understanding how we could all just get along from holding hands and singing kumbaya.

The idea of PnW having any degree of gender conflict is so farfetched that I don't even know where to start.  If you really want to debate the pros and cons of feminism, go to politicalcrossfire, politicalhotwire, politicsforum, debatepolitics, spacefem, or even supposedly professional psychological support forums like socialanxietysupport.

Are there gamers out there with nasty attitudes towards female players?  Sure, but not here.  Heck, even my ex-gf plays a game called Syrnia where she's had to put up with plenty of that, and she's not even a feminist.  Basically, a lot of players there want to get in her pants, she turns them down, and they get upset at her.  She's nowhere even close to a passive-aggressive manipulator either and she has a bubbly and easy-going personality.  

• Upvote 3

18 minutes ago, Sylvia said:

????

yUpP2fl.jpg

2 minutes ago, Johnny Costello said:

A general sarcastic reply but I'm labeled the sensitive one...  Hmm I stood up for my beliefs.  Perhaps harsh yes.  But I did no harm to your way of life.  

I never said I was offended. I was only refuting where you don't know why people feel as if you were attacking them. Here's some more examples if you want. 

3 hours ago, Johnny Costello said:

Sounds like you can't think of more than 1 issue at once.  Or perhaps you lack the capacity to see any REAL issue.  

Try using a brain not a Cock.  

Have you looked at a human being once?  Just once.  Or do you enjoy living a lie.  

Maybe if mommy hugged you more you'd actually understand you're not the only person in this world.  !@#$ing sickening to see guys act like their Dick is a [filter evasion] God.  It's 6 inches if you pull on it get over yourself 

NODOLsmall.png.a7aa9c0a05fa266425cd7e83d8ccb3dd.png

1 minute ago, WISD0MTREE said:

I never said I was offended. I was only refuting where you don't know why people feel as if you were attacking them. Here's some more examples if you want. 

Any these harsh words bother you?  

Does "get back to the kitchen !@#$" or "know your place woman" get your blood boiling just as much bro?  It does to me as to why I get extremely angry over people looking at women as (Ted reference)  Garbage or a piece of shit.  

yUpP2fl.jpg

Just now, Johnny Costello said:

Any these harsh words bother you?  

Does "get back to the kitchen !@#$" or "know your place woman" get your blood boiling just as much bro?  It does to me as to why I get extremely angry over people looking at women as (Ted reference)  Garbage or a piece of shit.  

It honestly depends on context, as the majority of communication is through body language (Source). They could be spoken by someone just kidding or they could be serious. Who on PnW said these words? If they aren't from anyone on PnW, then why bring them up in a thread about sexism in PnW? 

As the author of the article and the person who did the research/interviewed all of the people quoted I would like to say that my goal in writing this was to simply start a conversation. I hope that the conversation can continue (albeit with more civility) once the series of articles that I have planned continue. Any comments or criticism can be sent to me, otherwise, I won't read it. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, SteuartGeharon said:

As the author of the article and the person who did the research/interviewed all of the people quoted I would like to say that my goal in writing this was to simply start a conversation. I hope that the conversation can continue (albeit with more civility) once the series of articles that I have planned continue. Any comments or criticism can be sent to me, otherwise, I won't read it. 

Best PFP ever.  

And yes Stu did a wonderful job doing his work over at Orbis News.  We are beyond proud of him 

• Upvote 1

yUpP2fl.jpg

9 minutes ago, Hope said:

can @Kynlo or @Greene just post receipts as to why this thread was necessary pls kthx

I think we should focus on this. This is honestly the main reason why there's so much criticism. If either came out and posted chat logs or PMs that were actually sexist, there wouldn't be any room to criticize. However, "starting dialogue" on a topic out of the blue leave much room for criticism. 

• Upvote 2

I'm really shocked Greene decided to be behind this after offering to sponsor me in the poker tournament that was supposed to happen.

i just want to know when and where female players have been discriminated against by your average player. it just seems strange, since so many people have the utmost respect for players like jessica, purplemoon, lene, etc. gender rarely even comes up, and when it does people just want clarification or are just curious as to what your gender is. nobody gives a shit, and if greene or kynlo can show situations in which female players have been held back because of their gender by people who aren't well known for having more "traditional" views on women/gender, i will reverse my stance.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Hope said:

I mean, I would say that occasionally I have been treated differently by some of the extremely right wing players because I was gay. Did it bother me though? No. I’d still say we got along as people. But 99% of the players do not care about what kind of person you are OOC. Literally do not care. In fact, as a person who is LGBT I condemn this action, as it further ostracizes those who are “different” and doesn’t work to make it normal. You are only harming those who want real change.

If you want real change go do work in the Middle East. You’ll see real sexism and homophobia. Stop being the language police.

You do not represent all women, people of color, and LGBT people. It’s embarrassing. 

Welp, tfw you now know more about Hope.

2 hours ago, Sargun said:

the only "leftist" that has or had a prominent role in discussion was comrade milton who is a raging frat-obsessed weirdo who managed to be too stupid even for NPO

Where are my sides?  I lost them.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Buorhann said:

Welp, tfw you now know more about Hope.

you're right, every straight male has pastel colors, a woman in a sweater, and teddy bears as their avi (:

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Dubayoo said:

*Scratches head* 

I'm not sure what message you're trying to express there, but I will say one thing.

PnW is one of the least politically controversial communities I've ever belonged to, and I say this out of disappointment.  I've been on tons of discussion boards, chat rooms, forums, instant messenger services, and whatever else literally since consumer access to internet was born in the early '90s.  I honestly believe this is one of the reasons there's so little war in the game.  The players are so politically ambiguous that it's nigh impossible to actually have a conflict about anything. 

If anything, the real world could take a page out of PnW's playbook in understanding how we could all just get along from holding hands and singing kumbaya.

The idea of PnW having any degree of gender conflict is so farfetched that I don't even know where to start.  If you really want to debate the pros and cons of feminism, go to politicalcrossfire, politicalhotwire, politicsforum, debatepolitics, spacefem, or even supposedly professional psychological support forums like socialanxietysupport.

Are there gamers out there with nasty attitudes towards female players?  Sure, but not here.  Heck, even my ex-gf plays a game called Syrnia where she's had to put up with plenty of that, and she's not even a feminist.  Basically, a lot of players there want to get in her pants, she turns them down, and they get upset at her.  She's nowhere even close to a passive-aggressive manipulator either and she has a bubbly and easy-going personality.  

I found it funny that I got criticised for being critical of a post where the person made a point of telling the OP to "get off my lawn."  I pointed out that the OWF was not his lawn (it is a public place) and someone else was critical of a snide comment that I made along with that-  it was along the lines of "your're welcome for informing you ( of the fact that the OWF is not your lawn)

So I quoted both of them in my post and responded with what the first person said after.   Full circle?  

-------------

In general, I find it ironic when the objection to this thread by some people is some type of pointing out that people are free to think, believe or say what they want.  Yeah...and the OP is doing exactly that.  So what is the problem?  

If the connection I was trying for in the post was not clear then my bad.

• Upvote 2