Is NPO Proof Communism Doesn't Work?

Donald Trump

>pretty good at the game

Pretty good at what again?

>How long do I give it?

Don't know.  You tell me.

>Without someone to fight

Huh, who's NPO fighting again?  Weren't people just discussing their purposely stunting growth to stay out of conflict of certain alliances?

Not trying to get into another argument with you about this but he clearly was talking about Syndisphere-OO in that last paragraph.

IMG_2989.png?ex=65e9efa9&is=65d77aa9&hm=

NPO won't ever be a top tier alliance in their current political position, period.

They're doing the best thing for their situation - capping growth into tiers they have the coalition advantage in. More people should try actually organizing their alliance. If people want to play simcity and ignore basic strategy then kick them out and let the raiders show them why alliances are necessary.

At last, someone that understands the great good we are doing in this game!

• Upvote 2

I feel like recognizing overwhelming disadvantage in a higher tier is pretty smart and coordinated.

In this game there is no advantage other than extra cash flow from a having a supertier. If you're growing fine and aren't strapped on cash, you hypothetically don't *need* whales and indeed you can effectively fight and win a war without them.

The world is rapidly approaching a tipping point where Syndisphere won't be able to reach far enough down to impact alliances like NPO. Look at the numbers.

I agree that having a supertier of whales is unnecessary.  But NPO isn't even growing into the middle.  They deliberately are keeping to low infra levels that will keep them cash strapped.

GnWq7CW.png

I agree that having a supertier of whales is unnecessary.  But NPO isn't even growing into the middle.  They deliberately are keeping to low infra levels that will keep them cash strapped.

From a Pacifican perspective, why would they want to stack their dominoes when they know they'll just get swatted down?

Economies flourish with security. There is not enough security to encourage people to competitively grow.

• Upvote 1

Superbia

vuSNqof.jpg

Not trying to get into another argument with you about this but he clearly was talking about Syndisphere-OO in that last paragraph.

You completely missed the point I was making.  As usual.

Edited by Buorhann
  • Downvote 1

From a Pacifican perspective, why would they want to stack their dominoes when they know they'll just get swatted down?

Economies flourish with security. There is not enough security to encourage people to competitively grow.

You can't destroy cities.  And higher infra levels would have paid for itself already.

• Upvote 1
GnWq7CW.png

>pretty good at the game

Pretty good at what again? Politics and War.

>How long do I give it?

Don't know.  You tell me.Probably depends on Sheepy's IRL cash reserves and how much he's willing to pay to avoid it.

Huh, who's NPO fighting again?  Weren't people just discussing their purpossely stunting growth to stay out of conflict of certain alliances? Certain alliances isn't all alliances.

You can't destroy cities.  And higher infra levels would have paid for itself already.

Higher level infra would most certainly not be paid for by now. That's been tried several times and always had the same result.

GICjEwp.gif

On behalf of everyone that has Milton blocked at this point, I will now perform a cringe. On behalf of those that do not, I will perform two cringes.

i warned y'all

120209800_meirl2.png.0a9b257b4d3e0c1ac6d6b8be8184cba7.png

To what endgame?

Putting NPO into proper war range for rolling 4.0? Growth remains irrelevant without security. It's been proven so many times

Edited by King Foltest

Superbia

vuSNqof.jpg

To what endgame?

Putting NPO into proper war range for rolling 4.0? Growth remains irrelevant without security. It's been proven so many times

Getting rolled with more cities. Rose is doing fine.

Lxr4VfE.png

In a theoretical conflict, why should NPO have to build and fight in, say, Chola's or TKR's range when they could more easily force the above alliances to fight on their terms?

In this conflict, allies would be involved. Why not force NPO's hand by curb stomping their allies?

I don't think NPO should grow just to get their asses kicked. It's that being in the "middle" so to speak allows them to be flexible in supporting their allies, whether it's down declaring or up declaring.

Sure, it increases their chances of getting ganged up on, but I value the flexibility over limitation. That's how Mensa has been valuable to our allies.

We were able to down declare and up declare as a war changed over time.

This reply also answers Milton's post too.

Lots of wasted potential with NPO. I just don't take them serious as an alliance.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

In this conflict, allies would be involved. Why not force NPO's hand by curb stomping their allies?

I don't think NPO should grow just to get their asses kicked. It's that being in the "middle" so to speak allows them to be flexible in supporting their allies, whether it's down declaring or up declaring.

Sure, it increases their chances of getting ganged up on, but I value the flexibility over limitation. That's how Mensa has been valuable to our allies.

Lots of wasted potential with NPO. I just don't take them serious as an alliance.

Please take them seriously. They have won multiple awards.

Lxr4VfE.png

You're assuming a victory where we'd be able to  maneuveur in such a fashion. In most losing conflicts,  higher city nations just are basically sitting ducks with no military once they lose it during and after the first round since they can be attacked by militarized nations due to the city ns. So if we were outnumbered to begin with, we wouldn't really be able to do much anyway.  If the old score system were in place and people could do what Arrgh did against Mensa in the Rum War, the argument would have a lot more weight.

Edited by Roquentin

Yup. Low infra cities and nukes are an admission of defeat, not ways to minimize losses in case of one :vv: 

Wasted potential? sure. Their theory isn't wrong. It's just that they want to be more safe that what people believe to be reasonable.

Times have changed, but their paranoia hasn't :/

[insert quote here]