A Statement On Recent Events

Park

This crap writes itself, not all that long ago we had people in Synisphere writing/whining about how alliances not in their sphere are not good.

>Blacklists Alliance that treaties an alliance outside the sphere

No logic at all. 

Edited by Lightning

IpHGyGc.png

Can I be frank, yes, I think those that left should have approached it better with that being said. But yes, the choices Obelisk made itself (a treaty that was problematic for us and if I'm honest making the web more one sided) was enough to cancel in my opinion

The web is dead, being worried about making it grow on one side is a pointless way to spend your time. Its being dead for quite a while. 

IpHGyGc.png

My words and oppinions are mine not my AAs.

Lets see if I get the timeline right from BKs point of view.

Having good relationship with Resplendent.

Core members of that alliance merging into Obelisk.

To maintain the good relationship with those people and with the hope they can influence Obelisk and create a Resplendent like alliance BK signs Obelisk.

Timejump

Obelisk leader comes to BK gov saying 'we decided to sign Polaris, what do you say?'

BK feels offended and disrespected by not being contacted before a decision has been made regarding the treaty but doesnt want to be a bully and still respect those people in Obelisk they say: 'well you know It would have been nice if we could talk about this a bit more as we dont really like this move but since you have already decided and the signing is tomorrow, we will not stop you.'

Tho BK was unhappy they were ready to compromise because they believed it was an unanimous Obelisk decision and they still trusted those ex Resplendent guys judgement.

Shit hit the fan, it turned out that those people haevily opposed the treaty but were ignored so they quit and joined another alliance. (There might be other reasons of course)

Since the people BK trusted were gone leaving nobody to relate to in Obelisk but instead a gov that didnt really care about BKs oppinion regarding signing one of their ex enemies, BK decided to drop Obelisk.

Tell me where am I wrong.

• Upvote 5

I'm late to the party but here it goes,

OP: " First, to our former allies in The Commonwealth, we can’t help but feel unnerved. We thought going forward that we were friends, however, you abandoned us during our time of need. Shame on you Commonwealth. It wasn’t enough you took the members who had left with no notice to us and stole our bank, you then drop us without notice as well. On top of that, you planned it with the leaving Gov members for your own gain. If you knew they were upset, why didn’t you sit us down and try to help us work it out? You don’t deserve to be anyone’s ally."

First off those are fighting words and I will not bite now, some would say I should but, I'm clearly irrelevant and I know it, plus I have better things to do, namely to freeze my balls off, as winter has come in my neck of the woods.

Secondly, I do not see it as my job to go tell Government members how their fellow government members are feeling about stuff, be it allied gov or not, that is your job as AA gov to keep your act together without no outside help or influence.

Yes we got a hold of half your gov bank and yes we gave it back, the more evil side of me starts to regret that after reading OP.

Yes, we broke the usual polite protocol of letting ally gov know in private that we will drop a treaty before going public with it. NOW, I don't regret doing that one bit, even if it was rude of us. 

On TCW planning stuff: I can't even plan if I'll have beer or vodka for breakfast tomorrow and we did not plan your treaty with Polaris, we did not orchestrate you not having an clue about how some in you gov felt about it and we clearly planned on gaining only 5 or so active members instead of having and ally 60 strong.

If we were the evil mastermind you paint us in that text, why would we send the bank back, heck why wouldn't we just plan on getting rid of you from Obelisk gov and keep them as ally? Why would we let you post that hit-piece if we can plan anything and  execute so well such enormous things like signing an questionable treaty between foreign entities and have an allied gov fracture like a frozen booger? 

I wish all this nastiness had not come to this and I'm sure that it could have been all avoided, but TCW is not the bad guy in this neither is Obelisk, I wish you all the best, may Obelisk live long and prosper.

Edited by kalev60
  • Upvote 1

First, to our former allies in The Commonwealth, we can’t help but feel unnerved. We thought going forward that we were friends, however, you abandoned us during our time of need. Shame on you Commonwealth. It wasn’t enough you took the members who had left with no notice to us and stole our bank, you then drop us without notice as well. On top of that, you planned it with the leaving Gov members for your own gain. If you knew they were upset, why didn’t you sit us down and try to help us work it out? You don’t deserve to be anyone’s ally.

Quite the change of attitude compared to our private discussion.

"You don't deserve to be anyone's ally."

9a845b51adfa4fc6955a24993183e819.png

Polaris treaty

db7c6191d1454f3da10d86ad2845369f.png

• Upvote 2

Chief Financial Officer of The Syndicate

Kind words from a deserter...#TheseHoesAintLoyal

Aww, I must have really gotten to you to resort to desperate claims. No one actually had any issue with me leaving, not the people in Pantheon I knew or the leadership. The only issue people on forums did have was on me hitting Pantheon, that was the controversial point. At least get the facts straight. 

Also, I'm a pirate. We never claim to be loyal to begin with. Can you farmers say the same?

You haven't gotten to me, bud. I think I was just rather puzzled why you'd even bother to comment on our status as 'a friend' seeing as you're not involved, know nothing about us, or how we conduct our affairs. I actually don't care about you at all. But good luck with your alliance. Looks like fun.

Aww, I must have really gotten to you to resort to desperate claims. No one actually had any issue with me leaving, not the people in Pantheon I knew or the leadership. The only issue people on forums did have was on me hitting Pantheon, that was the controversial point. At least get the facts straight. 

Also, I'm a pirate. We never claim to be loyal to begin with. Can you farmers say the same?

One time by "your narrative" we loyal to pixel then loyal to nothing. Queen M might be not well informed about you status or what not but at least there is not an intentional straw-man building taking place there :D 

One time by "your narrative" we loyal to pixel then loyal to nothing. Queen M might be not well informed about you status or what not but at least there is not an intentional straw-man building taking place there :D

My narrative? I think this must be the second time I've commented on GPA people publicly, first was when NK nuked the shit out of you guys and you simply peaced out. :P 

Happy shitting, Tywin. Hope it turns out better for you than your namesake.

And Kylo...you're not worth the keystrokes. 

It's turned out surprisingly well for me, you should try it sometimes. 

Also, the very awkward moment when someone not worth your keystrokes is smarter than you.....

My narrative? I think this must be the second time I've commented on GPA people publicly, first was when NK nuked the shit out of you guys and you simply peaced out. :P

Dear Tywin, I know your just looking for a raise out of me, but in my shoes and with the info I had back then and the talks I was in, I'd assume you'd have done the same in my place with the NK situation, Apeman played it rather well and he wasn't the only one that influenced the events there and how they played out.

Air-quotes around your narrative are meaningless I guess?

It's turned out surprisingly well for me, you should try it sometimes. 

Also, the very awkward moment when someone not worth your keystrokes is smarter than you.....

Smarter? No. Nerdier, with less of a life, and more concerned with things that aren't relevant to him? Check, check, and check.

Edited by Queen M

Dear Tywin, I know your just looking for a raise out of me, but in my shoes and with the info I had back then and the talks I was in, I'd assume you'd have done the same in my place with the NK situation, Apeman played it rather well and he wasn't the only one that influenced the events there and how they played out.

Air-quotes around your narrative are meaningless I guess?

Apeman used external pressure against you back then?  

Smarter? No. Nerdier, with less of a life, and more concerned with things that aren't relevant to him? Check, check, and check.

He may be all that but he surely has a better grasp on what he says than you!