Very Simple War Screen Addition

Spooner

I honestly think let's make the other person have to manually calculate this one out to not make it too easy. Adds in a bit of complexity. 

That would make things way too easy.  I wouldn't want this change.

I believe such things were also said of the beige timer on the nation screen.

• Upvote 1

I believe such things were also said of the beige timer on the nation screen.

I honestly don't remember that being discussed, but it could be that either I've forgotten about it or just simply didn't see it.

• Downvote 1

• Administrators

While I agree it would be helpful, I also have the same concerns of others so far that it may make things 'too easy.' I don't know whether trying to keep tabs on your opponent's action points should be considered 'strategy' or 'tedious, unnecessary work' so I'll wait and see what others think about it.

• Upvote 1

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

I think it would be a good implementation, in wars irl, a nation would know when an attack would be launched and what the possibilities would be after an attack.

Peace will never be accomplished without war, but war cannot happen without peace.... or something like that idk

"Too easy" is an odd argument to make. Going into my war timeline and calculating AP isn't skillful, it's just annoying.

By that logic, we shouldn't show net production on the revenue page, we should make every player look at their slots, multiple turn production by 12, subtract inputs, and multiply out taxes.

This removes no skill while removing a tedious process.

• Upvote 4

☾☆

High Priest of Dio

The difference is though this is someone else attacking you so you still need to think out your strategy depending on how many points they have, more so now given the race to 0 resistance! The war mechanic is still fairly basic and this adds a little extra challenge which most people do not actually take into account, or mess up. A little extra fun thing to calculate on how the other might respond, something many still don't do. 

I mean, we could also display the rebuild enemy has left, technically it can be calculated too via casualties, I know I do it at times, it's quite tedious too and is a similar counting skill mostly. A tiny bit different concept though but just adds an extra flavor to the war module. 

• Upvote 1

I personally wouldn't want to know outright how many AP they have, without any work involved at all. I have found it useful for planning purposes though (but I calculate and track it myself, by hand), with the new war mechanics.

At least add it to gather intel, instead of giving away a piece of vital planning information for free.

• Upvote 2

sig_cybernations.PNG.8d49a01423f488a0f1b846927f5acc7e.PNG

Adding it to gather intel is an interesting solution. Might be somewhat difficult to code, however?

Unless it displays all AP in all their wars or something.

Yeah it would have to return back either a summary of AP for all wars, or just picks a random war (see my espionage thoughts post) and returns the AP for that specific war, eg "The nation of Blue Ridge has x resources, y money and has z AP in their war with the nation of Green Ridge."

Might make things a bit more interesting, if you didn't always get all the information you wanted, from a Gather Intel ;)

sig_cybernations.PNG.8d49a01423f488a0f1b846927f5acc7e.PNG

A button you can click and shows you the enemy action points, at the next turn is hidden again, everytime you click to show action points you have to pay something like $10,000.

I mean in that case we can just simply calculate 

I would calculate rather than giving out 10k 

I mean it is best to keep this tab as it will help a bit :) 

Also as sketchy said all against this idea don't even care once it is added so don't listen to them just add it :)

aA9XUQZ.png                                                              

Well good bye suprises I guess. I never calculated enemy AP tbh, too tedious, and now I can plan my operations with ease.

Btw, still waiting for that surrender thing.

Edited by DragonK

tvPWtuA.gif