State of Orbis

Ogaden

We basically have a situation like the mid 1980s Edmonton Oilers where all the good players are on one team.  I think we need like, an unofficial rule where good alliances have to form blocs with crap alliances and fight other good/crap mixed alliance blobs.

• Upvote 2
tvPWtuA.gif

Some amount of inequality is going to be an inherent part of any political construct. I don't see a draft system really working out because forced association really does nothing but remind each other what asses we all are. Unless there was some kind of material incentive to being the head of your own sphere and only one alliance in that sphere could have it and the alliances that didn't get it were left so far behind because they didn't get this material advantage that they'd have to buck for leadership themselves or get left in the dirt. Even then I would imagine that'd just devolve into ghosting strategies.

The point being, everyone's happy to pay lip service to "balance" and "fairness", but trading any kind of discomfort for it is unlikely.

• Upvote 1

Any time Mensa or Syndicate ( Can only say those two as I've been in both ) members were interested in exploring other options with "opposing" alliances - something always comes up and screws it all up.  And every time something screws up, it just pushes the SyndiMensaBK sphere to consolidate even more, since each of those alliances trust each other just that much more.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

We actually are having a conversation about this in the syndicate private channel right now and I think we have reached a truly groundbreaking conclusion. We mutually agreed that this process really begun when VE attempted to sell us out to UPN last year. As a result, all the competent alliances we know today really banded together around this time and formed the treaties which still exist today. What is so groundbreaking about this I hear you ask? This is all old news after all.

Why did VE attempt to sell us out to UPN? Well, it can all be attributed to the actions of just one player.

Cynic.

When cynic leaked sensitive info to VE, he initiated the chain of events which have led to the current political landscape.

So if you want to blame a specific person, blame cynic.

Edited by Night King

Untitled.png

We actually are having a conversation about this in the syndicate private channel right now and I think we have reached a truly groundbreaking conclusion. We mutually agreed that this process really begun when VE attempted to sell us out to UPN last year. As a result, all the competent alliances we know today really banded together around this time and formed the treaties which still exist today. What is so groundbreaking about this I hear you ask? This is all old news after all.

Why did VE attempt to sell us out to UPN? Well, it can all be attributed to the actions of just one player.

Cynic.

When cynic leaked sensitive info to VE, he initiated the chain of events which have led to the current political landscape.

So if you want to blame a specific person, blame cynic.

I made this argument earlier, but the thing is, tS was planning to leave Paragon anyways which is what caused VE to be pissed.

But if none of that happened, tS/BK/TKR would likely be in Paragon's sphere.

[22:37:51] <&Yosodog> Problem is, everyone is too busy deciding which top gun character they are that no decision has been made

BK in a nutshell

Any time Mensa or Syndicate ( Can only say those two as I've been in both ) members were interested in exploring other options with "opposing" alliances - something always comes up and screws it all up.  And every time something screws up, it just pushes the SyndiMensaBK sphere to consolidate even more, since each of those alliances trust each other just that much more.

Then there wasn't enough of a reason for you to split up. It doesn't work the way you're suggesting and this type of thinking "Oh we talked to x and we offered an ODP which will complicate defending their other allies, but it'll totally work out and shake things up even though we have no plans to drop anyone. They're bad because they turned us down so we're sticking with our allies," is really bizarre. Either there would be a legitimate reason to pursue another option and drop your current allies or there isn't. A draft won't work, but if you wanted to mix it up, it wouldn't be a half-measure that can easily be taken for something else. You would just do it.

• Upvote 1

I made this argument earlier, but the thing is, tS was planning to leave Paragon anyways which is what caused VE to be pissed.

Are you denying Cynic, our savior and progenitor? :P

Untitled.png

That would group TEST/MENSA/?,? together?

-signature removed for rules violation-

That would group TEST/MENSA/?,? together?

Honestly, you guys probably would've went with UPN and crew given the treaty you all signed a long ass time ago.

Kind of funny now that you think of it.

Are you denying Cynic, our savior and progenitor? :P

Giving Cynic some credit, if he didn't come to us when he did, we would've signed a protectorate with UPN rather than tS and we'd probably be in tC by now lmao

[22:37:51] <&Yosodog> Problem is, everyone is too busy deciding which top gun character they are that no decision has been made

BK in a nutshell

Honestly, you guys probably would've went with UPN and crew given the treaty you all signed a long ass time ago.

Giving Cynic some credit, if he didn't come to us when he did, we would've signed a protectorate with UPN rather than tS and we'd probably be in tC by now lmao

That really backfired on him. lol

Anyway, I guess a point I failed to adequately make before is usually for a split to happen and even things out there have to be real tensions. SK vs Rose in Guardiansphere or tS vs VE in Paragon are good examples. They're just not happening and that's why the situation in the OP exists and it will lead to permanent dominance/endgame. 

Then there wasn't enough of a reason for you to split up. It doesn't work the way you're suggesting and this type of thinking "Oh we talked to x and we offered an ODP which will complicate defending their other allies, but it'll totally work out and shake things up even though we have no plans to drop anyone. They're bad because they turned us down so we're sticking with our allies," is really bizarre. Either there would be a legitimate reason to pursue another option and drop your current allies or there isn't. A draft won't work, but if you wanted to mix it up, it wouldn't be a half-measure that can easily be taken for something else. You would just do it.

Well sure but the flipside is that an ODP complicates our ability to defend our current allies as well. Like, there's gotta be *something* to start from, aye? Would you be arguing the same thing if Mensa or tS had been talking MDPs instead and things fell through? In the case of UPN, we had an ODP literally agreed to by the then-gov that the membership later torpedoed. Had that been an MDP that we had cut some ties to get, we would have ended up in a really shit situation (it was an ODP, so that wasn't on the table at all, but you understand my point I hope)

If you want to blame our reluctance to go out on a limb on anything, blame it on situations like that. 

I had actually forgot BK had been with us since way back then before even the FSA war. I was semi joking about cynic's actions leading to the creation of our competent sphere but now I am actually worried.

Was this Cynic's master plan all along? :o 

Untitled.png

UPN and TEST though right?  Cannot remember well enough.

I had actually forgot BK had been with us since way back then before even the FSA war. I was semi joking about cynic's actions leading to the creation of our competent sphere but now I am actually worried.

Was this Cynic's master plan all along? :o

Cynic is the real mastermind behind all of this. He sacrificed himself so that our sphere could be together.

UPN and TEST though right?  Cannot remember well enough.

I don't remember. Hasn't TEst been paperless since they were created?

Mensa + TEst would be &#33;@#&#036;ing killer together. 

BK in a nutshell

I would personally like to see Arrgh, Roz Wei and Terminus Est form something. 

It would move to one side or the other.

Mensa + TEst would be !@#$ killer together. 

You are challenging my memory.  I was not in gov then and just fought and killed.  In the Proxy war and Octoberfest I though TEST was our ally?