Terminus Est Declaration.

Prefontaine

1. Obviously my whole life goal was to please you my good overlord

2. Saying "you're not in it, so you don't understand it" is quite the idiotic argument. By that logic, why reply to anyone? I mean, by your logic, anyone who could possibly reply is automatically wrong, so why spend your time doing it? 

3. Calling my opinions irrelevant because of... "that way of thinking". What. Sounds like a religious BS argument. "You're not X, and if you're not X you're not Y, and you can't say you're not X because of Y". Also, using the "it's older than [bla bla bla]" argument doesn't add anything. Something being old doesn't make it any more right. 

4. Simple, yes. Incorrect, also yes.

Sorry, the user you are trying to comment to is out of !@#$ to give.

• Upvote 1

scSqPGJ.gif

Would you be interested to hear about the legacy group?

Yes pls

The faithful have not forgotten the Almighty, and the Almighty has not forgotten the faithful. The Almighty will lead us down the path of righteousness once again, a path watered well with the blood of heretics. Be warned Orbis, the Almighty still watches.

MORE. 

I like both these guys. I have no opinion. Stop fighting and pet me. It's soothing

Last time someone tried to pet a gorilla it got shot... RIP Harambe. ;_;

3. Calling my opinions irrelevant because of... "that way of thinking". What. Sounds like a religious BS argument. "You're not X, and if you're not X you're not Y, and you can't say you're not X because of Y". Also, using the "it's older than [bla bla bla]" argument doesn't add anything. Something being old doesn't make it any more right. 

While his might not make sense, that's actually not a BS argument. It would be like a Muslim telling a Christian they're wrong about what the Holy Trinity is, or a Jew telling a Buddhist that they're wrong about Karma. Things that are specific about a religion, ideology, or philosophy? Yeah, if you don't follow or understand those elements, then you can't really tell someone that their understanding about that element is wrong and it's actually [this] instead of [that]. So yes. If you don't follow the philosophy of paperless alliances, you can't really tell someone that their belief on paperless alliances is wrong. Because who are you to say it's wrong when you know nothing, Jon Snow? 

• Upvote 2

yVHTSLQ.png

(TEst lives on but I'm in BK stronk now and too lazy to change the image)

I'm assumig Pre told you he mentioned TLG, but even without it's hilarious that you came back to post this.

Prefontaine told me nothing, the Almighty sent me to prophesy to the lost souls of orbis one last time. See the light and repent for your heresy before the Almighty strikes all who have opposed his faithful followers. Edited by Shellhound
  • Upvote 3

uHQTKq6.png

While his might not make sense, that's actually not a BS argument. It would be like a Muslim telling a Christian they're wrong about what the Holy Trinity is, or a Jew telling a Buddhist that they're wrong about Karma. Things that are specific about a religion, ideology, or philosophy? Yeah, if you don't follow or understand those elements, then you can't really tell someone that their understanding about that element is wrong and it's actually [this] instead of [that]. So yes. If you don't follow the philosophy of paperless alliances, you can't really tell someone that their belief on paperless alliances is wrong. Because who are you to say it's wrong when you know nothing, Jon Snow? 

Well i mean, if you have to bring religion in into an argument just for it to make sense, it's not a good argument.

• Upvote 1
Icwalk.gif

I don't think it was Roz Wei's 'paperless' status that makes it so easy to attack so much as the fact that it is already aligned in a perceived anti-Rose stance thus making much more isolated than say TEst... it kind of makes paperless hard when you are firmly against one halve of the power balance.. what makes TEst so successful I believe is that you can never tell who will defend them against aggression but with Roz Wei that is not the case

I don't think it was Roz Wei's 'paperless' status that makes it so easy to attack so much as the fact that it is already aligned in a perceived anti-Rose stance thus making much more isolated than say TEst... it kind of makes paperless hard when you are firmly against one halve of the power balance.. what makes TEst so successful I believe is that you can never tell who will defend them against aggression but with Roz Wei that is not the case

>power balance

>Rose

So 2015...

• Upvote 1

We already got "back" at Rose. We're not against them anymore, get with the times.

• Upvote 2

IMG_2989.png?ex=65e9efa9&is=65d77aa9&hm=

Yo

OK, pre, what is the difference between Rose protecting The 13th & you protecting Roz Wei aside from the fact they don't call it being paperless nonetheless?

Are you going to add this to the web treaty?

Simple. Tell me the terms and agreements made to our protection. Tell me how our protection will end or what actions nullify it? Are we providing military protection? Or are we providing political only?

I image you can find a document between your example alliances expressing such.

• Upvote 2

scSqPGJ.gif

Yo

Simple. Tell me the terms and agreements made to our protection. Tell me how our protection will end or what actions nullify it? Are we providing military protection? Or are we providing political only?

I image you can find a document between your example alliances expressing such.

Hmm.

I know more than one alliance that protects another one without such document. Would you consider these paperless?

Hmm.

I know more than one alliance that protects another one without such document. Would you consider these paperless?

Yeah, I mean, a protectorate where it's just a party stating protection over another with no sigs or written articles  can be considered not to be a treaty(paper agreement). Don't mean to butt in, but that's how I've seen it when I've done it that way in the past/present even while having other actual written out agreements. I wouldn't say this is a break with TEst tradition across games and no one threw Roz Wei's paperless status into question with their guarantees of independence or the temporary Syndicate protection from a while back.

Edited by Roquentin
  • Upvote 3

Hmm.

To me it depends on if they sign other treaties really. If they've have 3 mdoaps and a non documented protectorate then they're a papered alliance. Whatever they want to call that protectorate though is up to them.

scSqPGJ.gif

So people are realizing that paperless is essentially the same thing as having paper just.... without paper. Let's say Arrgh and Roz decide that they will defend each other if they were attacked.... that's the same thing as signing an MDP

I've never really understood the premise of paperless because it's essentially the same thing as having paper but instead of paper it's just handshake agreements. If BK were paperless we would have the same exact agreements in place as we do now. So why not throw in some paper so it's official?

I'm genuinely wondering what arguments for paperless there are. I've never been in a paperless alliance so I've never experienced it first hand, so maybe someone can enlighten me.

• Upvote 2

[22:37:51] <&Yosodog> Problem is, everyone is too busy deciding which top gun character they are that no decision has been made

BK in a nutshell

Having friends is standard acrossed the board, friends defend eachother and attack mutually. Being a treatied alliance (papered) means you are signing your friends into contracted allies where they are "obligated" by "paper" aka the contract or treaty to defend you even if youre being a prick. Paperless means that an alliance makes friends, protects people, and acts of their own accord in an environment where there are no "contracts" or "paper" persay. Its the freedom to make new friends and not piss off the old friends, not dragging people into war because they at one point were friends. Less confused?