The kindness of players in PW vs CN

Lord Balian

From what I notice most (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) players take their game too seriously, unlike here in P&W where most people play the game for fun.

Also glad to see you're still playing LB

<&Partisan> EAT THE SHIT

<blacklabel> lol @ ever caring about how much you matter in some dumbass nation simulation browser game. what a !@#$in pathetic waste of life

iZHAsgV.png

Thanks Doom Marine for having my back! Lol. Comments like that don't both me though, I've been thru too much and have overcome too much in the RL so it's all good :)

Thanks Dylan!!

All good man. Keep on keeping on.

Also, fite me. Cause war.

q8nfyvc.gif

Thanks Doom Marine for having my back! Lol. Comments like that don't both me though, I've been thru too much and have overcome too much in the RL so it's all good :)Thanks Dylan!!

Welcome back tho bby. :)

IMG_2989.png?ex=65e9efa9&is=65d77aa9&hm=

Hi Lord Bailan! :D Never played (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn&#39;t be bringing it up anyways) but

its all a ruse

we are only being friendly to stab each other in the back later

muahahahahahah

sneky-snek slithers away

(kidding, the people here are awesome)

• Upvote 5

01:58:39 <BeowulftheSecond> Belisarius of The Byzantine Empire has sent your nation $0.00, 0.00 food, 0.00 coal, 0.00 oil, 0.00 uranium, 0.00 lead, 0.00 iron, 0.00 bauxite, 0.00 gasoline, 0.00 munitions, 1,000.00 steel, and 0.00 aluminum from the alliance bank of Rose.
01:58:46 <BeowulftheSecond> someone please explain 
01:59:12 <%Belisarius> sleep deprivatin is a &#33;@#&#036; @_@
01:59:14 â€” %Belisarius shrugs
01:59:18 <BeowulftheSecond> we're at WAR. WE ARE BURNING EACH OTHER'S PIXELS

Hey guys!

I play both games, when I can due to my illness. But one thing I have noticed is that the players here are far nicer and kinder, don't take themselves or things too seriously, and are by far more fun to interact with. I have noticed recently in (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn&#39;t be bringing it up anyways) that there is real hated between players of various alliances to the point of real anger , etc. I mean, I am invested in both games and spend a good deal of time with them but I still know it is just a game and I don't take it personal if someone declares war on me. In fact, I see it as an opportunity to meet another player, which is cool. I am sorry I can't be more active as my cystic fibrosis is just getting worse and worse and it seems I am always in this damn hospital, but the people I have met in PW have , except for maybe one or two, have been awesome and have always wished me well when sick.

What are your thoughts? Is there a different 'culture' or mentality here as opposed to over in (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn&#39;t be bringing it up anyways)?

No.

No.

Hey guys!

I play both games, when I can due to my illness. But one thing I have noticed is that the players here are far nicer and kinder, don't take themselves or things too seriously, and are by far more fun to interact with. I have noticed recently in (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn&#39;t be bringing it up anyways) that there is real hated between players of various alliances to the point of real anger , etc. I mean, I am invested in both games and spend a good deal of time with them but I still know it is just a game and I don't take it personal if someone declares war on me. In fact, I see it as an opportunity to meet another player, which is cool. I am sorry I can't be more active as my cystic fibrosis is just getting worse and worse and it seems I am always in this damn hospital, but the people I have met in PW have , except for maybe one or two, have been awesome and have always wished me well when sick.

What are your thoughts? Is there a different 'culture' or mentality here as opposed to over in (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn&#39;t be bringing it up anyways)?

no

• Upvote 1

I don't know you well but... best of luck bud. You seem like a decent guy.

Thank you Partisan!! You do as well. Many people here have been very nice to me and supportive when they found out about my illness and my prognosis and I have made many friends in Orbis, not just in my specific alliance. Before I got sick in RL I was a hospice social worker caring for the dying as well as a counselor. I really enjoyed helping people when I could and it is nice being helped as so many players here have offered their prayers and well wishes. Means a lot.

Anyway, nice to meet you Partisan and I hope you are doing well!!

P&W is a bit more casual than (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn&#39;t be bringing it up anyways) (I think), so there won't be as much intensity in how people feel. It's also very young compared to (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn&#39;t be bringing it up anyways)- so the roots of anger and bitterness aren't old enough to really develop. Everyone in P&W that plays semi-seriously and get involved in alliance affairs will develop biases towards different groups, and in some special circumstances, against certain players; as such, most people who play long enough will experience an outburst of emotion at one point or another. That all being said, any outbursts usually stay within the realm of IC, and don't get to intense. However, should OOC bounds be broken, then those responsible usually incur the wrath of the community- as it should be.

• Upvote 2

new_forum_sig_2.png

P&W is a bit more casual than (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn&#39;t be bringing it up anyways) (I think), so there won't be as much intensity in how people feel. It's also very young compared to (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn&#39;t be bringing it up anyways)- so the roots of anger and bitterness aren't old enough to really develop. Everyone in P&W that plays semi-seriously and get involved in alliance affairs will develop biases towards different groups, and in some special circumstances, against certain players; as such, most people who play long enough will experience an outburst of emotion at one point or another. That all being said, any outbursts usually stay within the realm of IC, and don't get to intense. However, should OOC bounds be broken, then those responsible usually incur the wrath of the community- as it should be.

Sounds reasonable! Thanks Thalmor!

• Upvote 1

Do you mean that people have become more immature and hostile toward each other or do you mean specific alliances?

The former. Not that much, though. Back then people would call each other mean words in one thread and forget about it through the rest of the forum. Now, it seems to stick. (And >Bloc Party was made up largely of /pol/, /k/, and /mlp/ (4chan boards) users.)

• Upvote 1

NODOLsmall.png.a7aa9c0a05fa266425cd7e83d8ccb3dd.png

it's because the sociopaths havent ended up as &#33;@#&#036;ing alliance leaders yet

face it. (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn&#39;t be bringing it up anyways) has a bunch of corrupt &#33;@#&#036; at the top. it comes with the game. thankfully this game hasnt attracted many...yet

Player Hate is the only thing that has kept (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn&#39;t be bringing it up anyways) alive beyond the second year of it's existence.

PnW has remained free from that toxicity until recently.

• Upvote 3

Player Hate is the only thing that has kept (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn&#39;t be bringing it up anyways) alive beyond the second year of it's existence.

PnW has remained free from that toxicity until recently.

well roq has joined PW

now all we need is Chef Joe, Chairman Hai and Rotavele and we should be able to get the ball rolling with player hate!

Edited by Muhammad

Hey guys!

Clearly we've not met.

• Upvote 2

scSqPGJ.gif