Viridia Invades the Shores of Pantheon

MoonPie

o/Viridia
o/Pantheon

May the Dragon and the Greek know great prosperity!

Err, I have to admit, I always wanted my own dragon...   :awesome:

It is funny because it makes sense. VE is being very strategic now to put pressure on Pantheon. So when fifth world war comes, Pantheon will be expected to choose a side to protect their alliance at a cost of losing other alliance as a result of post war effect and damages their diplomacy ties with their allies if they choose wrong moves. We had seen this in the fourth world war.

Sigh. -_- And yes, we did see such things in the last world war, though I don't know enough about VE or alliance affairs to say if it applied to any situations involving VE.

Awesome! Congratulations! Sorry some broken records in this thread are throwing salt into your beautiful melting pot of friendship. :P

Mmm, friendship is a strong word, but my alliance's leadership seems to be for this, so we'll see, hah.

I don't know enough about VE yet, but hopefully I'll learn quickly. XD

Pretty sure you predicted we'd be Rose lackeys, lol.

Unless you're saying this is basically the same thing?

You are aware your alliance still have a Rose treaty yes? Having a treaty with VE doesn't change the status of the alliance (e.g Alpha). This is just added justification for later on when they do exactly as I've told people... and if they don't then I wasn't wrong, but instead managed to get them to not do it to prove me wrong. 

qrEk7cq.png

vUs4z.gif

• Upvote 1

You are aware your alliance still have a Rose treaty yes? Having a treaty with VE doesn't change the status of the alliance (e.g Alpha). This is just added justification for later on when they do exactly as I've told people... and if they don't then I wasn't wrong, but instead managed to get them to not do it to prove me wrong. 

qrEk7cq.png

Hah, okay, well it works for me if Pantheon isn't forced into anything because of this relationship, no matter what the motivation behind VE's actions or inactions. ;P I think we can agree Protectorate status doesn't mean anything beyond meaning they defend us if we're attacked. It's the same exact status we have with The Syndicate.

Though I wouldn't be surprised to see those relationships changing now that we're in the Top 10. I guess we'll see, I don't know anything for sure, but gotta give it some time to update, first.

Edited by AstraKatG

Hah, okay, well it works for me if Pantheon isn't forced into anything because of this relationship, no matter what the motivation behind VE's actions or inactions. ;P I think we can agree Protectorate status doesn't mean anything beyond meaning they defend us if we're attacked. It's the same exact status we have with The Syndicate.

Though I wouldn't be surprised to see those relationships changing now that we're in the Top 10. I guess we'll see, I don't know anything for sure, but gotta give it some time to update, first.

A protectorate is a just MDoAP, don't think otherwise. I mean last war alone Roz Wei got attacked by 3 protectorates and before that in other wars protectorates have shown what such treaties really are. Of course I understand that said protectorates are usually threatened, straightforwardly or not that if they don't play ball then post war their protectorate will be dropped but that doesn't excuse them.

If they change it up and I assume they are then it won't be because of some top 10 spot, it'll be because others are telling them that the joke has gone on long enough. An alliance being a protectorate at 30,000, then 40,000, then 50,000, and now 60,000 score is absurd. Not just a protectorate of 1 alliance either but 3 (!!!) too. 

I personally think it is a mistake for tS to have allowed this growing of what will be a future enemy for them, but they're nicer/more trusting guys than me clearly which only makes it all the worse when things pop off. 

A protectorate is a just MDoAP, don't think otherwise. I mean last war alone Roz Wei got attacked by 3 protectorates and before that in other wars protectorates have shown what such treaties really are. Of course I understand that said protectorates are usually threatened, straightforwardly or not that if they don't play ball then post war their protectorate will be dropped but that doesn't excuse them.

If they change it up and I assume they are then it won't be because of some top 10 spot, it'll be because others are telling them that the joke has gone on long enough. An alliance being a protectorate at 30,000, then 40,000, then 50,000, and now 60,000 score is absurd. Not just a protectorate of 1 alliance either but 3 (!!!) too. 

I personally think it is a mistake for tS to have allowed this growing of what will be a future enemy for them, but they're nicer/more trusting guys than me clearly which only makes it all the worse when things pop off. 

Well, Pantheon is billed as being a non-aggressive alliance (so far), so I wouldn't be surprised if that score was more based on Infra/Cities than Military, especially when compared against the likes of raiding alliances like Roz Wei and Mensa HQ. With that being the case, having a protector or two (or three? lol) makes sense.  :P

Nothing against raiding alliances, of course, but that's just not what I've understood Pantheon to be in its whole history to date. (Admittedly, as a newb, my sense of history is somewhat lacking, but I've been told we've been non-aggressive for the most part so far.)

Edited by AstraKatG

Well, Pantheon is billed as being a non-aggressive alliance (so far), so I wouldn't be surprised if that score was more based on Infra/Cities than Military, especially when compared with the likes of raiding alliances like Roz Wei and Mensa HQ. Nothing against raiding alliances, of course, but that's just not what I've understood Pantheon to be in its whole history to date. (Admittedly, as a newb, my sense of history is somewhat lacking, but I've been told we've been non-aggressive for the most part so far.)

You are correct it is mostly just infra/cities but the thing with these protectorates is when they do involve themselves they make use of their treaty to safely build up and then involve themselves. Alpha if they didn't decide to purposely blow this advantage for little reason would have been in the same situation though it would have been with a different type of treaty (though like I said a protectorate is the same thing really). 

Of course they could just be doing all this to avoid wars on themselves entirely. Likely more scornful, we'll see. 

Edited by Rozalia

I think this agreement is chill. No problem with it, esp since it has non-chaining.

You'll have to forgive my contemporaries for being slightly on edge however, the Syndi being involved on the numerically inferior side of things for quite a few world-scale wars now. The tradition being that we end up having to war everybody, whenever our direct ally/prot allies another major alliance, it means potential heartbreak later, that's all (cough Alpha). I personally find Pantheon to be quite upstanding and don't think it'll follow the Alpha road at least haha, and I believe our gov is def cool w/ it. But it does leave us regular Syndi employees slightly uneasy.

Edited by Beowulf the Second

01:58:39 <BeowulftheSecond> Belisarius of The Byzantine Empire has sent your nation $0.00, 0.00 food, 0.00 coal, 0.00 oil, 0.00 uranium, 0.00 lead, 0.00 iron, 0.00 bauxite, 0.00 gasoline, 0.00 munitions, 1,000.00 steel, and 0.00 aluminum from the alliance bank of Rose.
01:58:46 <BeowulftheSecond> someone please explain 
01:59:12 <%Belisarius> sleep deprivatin is a &#33;@#&#036; @_@
01:59:14 â€” %Belisarius shrugs
01:59:18 <BeowulftheSecond> we're at WAR. WE ARE BURNING EACH OTHER'S PIXELS

I think this agreement is chill. No problem with it, esp since it has non-chaining.

You'll have to forgive my contemporaries for being slightly on edge however, the Syndi being involved on the numerically inferior side of things for quite a few world-scale wars now. The tradition being that we end up having to war everybody, whenever our direct ally/prot allies another major alliance, it means potential heartbreak later, that's all (cough Alpha). I personally find Pantheon to be quite upstanding and don't think it'll follow the Alpha road at least haha, and I believe our gov is def cool w/ it. But it does leave us regular Syndi employees slightly uneasy.

I don't blame you for being uneasy about it, I was a bit worried about how this might affect t$ and Mensa relations with Pantheon at first, too. But I don't THINK Syndi has anything to worry about... Of course, alliance relations change all the time, but I personally (and of course only speaking for myself) wouldn't be a fan of us turning our backs on t$ at all.

Rozalia, I'm sorry to disappoint you, but no, Rose/VE do not control every single alliance in the game.

º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸

¨°º¤ø„¸ GOD EMPEROR BIO DRANDO¨°º¤ø„¸

¨°º¤ø„¸ BIO DRANDO GOD EMPEROR¨°º¤ø„¸

¨°º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸

t$ employee here. I can second this^.

<&Partisan> EAT THE SHIT

<blacklabel> lol @ ever caring about how much you matter in some dumbass nation simulation browser game. what a !@#$in pathetic waste of life

iZHAsgV.png

Rozalia, I'm sorry to not disappoint you, but yes, Rose/VE does indeed suk

Fixed

Jk

Ayyy lmao

The words of a true poet. :P

• Upvote 1

<&Partisan> EAT THE SHIT

<blacklabel> lol @ ever caring about how much you matter in some dumbass nation simulation browser game. what a !@#$in pathetic waste of life

iZHAsgV.png