Trump Looses national GOP lead.

Lannan13

BREAKING NEWS!!

Trump looses the National lead in GOP field, NBC/WSJ reports. Cruz tops him by 2%. (http://www.nbcnews.com/meet-the-press/surprise-trump-falls-behind-cruz-national-nbc-wsj-poll-n520296

Cruz: 28%

Trump: 26%

Rubio: 17.7%

Kaisch: 11%

Carson: 10%

Bush: 4%

Thoughts?

Tiocfaidh ár lá

=Censored by Politics and War Moderation team=

s6McZGm.jpg?1

Never even heard of Cruz apart from his mentions on the forum. Glad he's ahead of Trump, though.

I've heard of Cruz, but that's besides the point. I can agree that I'm very happy that Cruz is beating Trump. 

It's time people start realizing that Trump is a God damn joke and a disgrace.

• Upvote 3

Tiocfaidh ár lá

s6McZGm.jpg?1

Never even heard of Cruz apart from his mentions on the forum. Glad he's ahead of Trump, though.

Had you heard of him you wouldn't be saying you're glad. A common line in regards to Trump and Cruz is "I hate Trump but I'd take him over Cruz". A quote from Rolling Stone as to why:

Ted Cruz is far from crazy, which is the essential Ted Cruz problem. Crazy you can deal with, even forgive a little, often ignore. Ben Carson is a bowl of Froot Loops floating in a sad lethal pond of gasoline. Donald Trump went warp speed into the Trumpiverse decades ago. Both men have conducted their campaigns and recent years on perpetual tangents. But Ted Cruz knows exactly what he's doing. He doesn't even hide it particularly well. Not only is his intelligence one of his favorite selling points, his book undermines any notion that he misspeaks. He is gaffe proof because the gaffes are not arrived at by error. Ted Cruz does awful things by intelligent design.

So basically the angle spoken from those against them is that the likes of Trump and Carson are bad people, but they're mostly just ignorant and crazy folk. Ted Cruz meanwhile is simply sinister.

Personally I don't have such strong feelings on the matter, but I'd thought I'd try to help you out.

• Upvote 1

Had you heard of him you wouldn't be saying you're glad. A common line in regards to Trump and Cruz is "I hate Trump but I'd take him over Cruz". A quote from Rolling Stone as to why:

So basically the angle spoken from those against them is that the likes of Trump and Carson are bad people, but they're mostly just ignorant and crazy folk. Ted Cruz meanwhile is simply sinister.

Personally I don't have such strong feelings on the matter, but I'd thought I'd try to help you out.

lol, where did you pull that?

Tiocfaidh ár lá

s6McZGm.jpg?1

Bottom of the article.

The NBC/WSJ poll was conducted Feb. 14-16 of 800 registered voters (which has a margin of error of plus-minus 3.5 percentage points) and 400 GOP primary voters (which has a margin of error of plus-minus 4.9 percentage points).

Cruz sounds more like an intelligent dictator, while Trump is a madman. I'll take the intelligent dictator. Plus, I agree with his policies more than I agree with Trump's.

• Upvote 1

putin-trump-sig_zps657urhx9.jpg

Cruz sounds more like an intelligent dictator, while Trump is a madman. I'll take the intelligent dictator. Plus, I agree with his policies more than I agree with Trump's.

If you see some quotes of his you won't be saying that. Trump does the "everyman speak" politicians don't understand so he is just a product of the population's thoughts, not the tripe that Trump is somehow mind controlling people to believe what he does. The everyman has fears, has concerns, has beliefs, and so on. They are not idiots, they're not stupid, they're not evil, they're not "Sheep", they're not "Zombies", they are a voice that deserves to have someone fight for them too and the longer it goes unheard the stronger and more extreme it gets. Censorship, Political Correctness, and a host of other things, the Liberal Tyranny if you will are responsible for the rise of Trump and is what makes more people believe strongly that drastic measures must be taken.

Mainly because of his comments on Muslims.

That shouldn't matter. The Republican party all have racist views too they're just mostly too terrified to say it unless their back is against the wall and they know it'll help them. I mean this is the party who tore McCain apart for having in their words a "illegitimate black child". In reality it was his adopted daughter who was Bangladeshi but those were the times before 9/11 so attacking blacks had more punch then someone from Asia. 

That isn't to say the Democrats aren't racist too of course, the large majority of them are. They're phony politicians who bemoan negative comments towards minorities and speak honeyed words to them to get votes, nothing more. If they really cared the issue with Blacks would have long been fixed, but to them Black people are just stupid fools who will vote for them if you tell them some nice words, no real action necessary. 

Is Sanders different? Perhaps, I'd think so. Thats the thing with outsiders, they're so outside the norm that the common conventions of politicians don't apply to them. Trump? Yeah I'd say so, but again he isn't any more than the norm.

That isn't to say the Democrats aren't racist too of course, the large majority of them are. They're phony politicians who bemoan negative comments towards minorities and speak honeyed words to them to get votes, nothing more. If they really cared the issue with Blacks would have long been fixed, but to them Black people are just stupid fools who will vote for them if you tell them some nice words, no real action necessary. 

Is Sanders different? Perhaps, I'd think so. Thats the thing with outsiders, they're so outside the norm that the common conventions of politicians don't apply to them. Trump? Yeah I'd say so, but again he isn't any more than the norm.

Speaking of racist Democrats, Clinton in 1964 campaigned for Republican Senator Barry Goldwater for President, who promised to overturn the Civil Rights Act and segregate the nation.

On an unrelated note, did you know that Sanders' parents were immigrants from Poland? His uncle was killed in the holocaust, and he was born a Jew, although he's irreligious.

• Upvote 1

putin-trump-sig_zps657urhx9.jpg

Speaking of racist Democrats, Clinton in 1964 campaigned for Republican Senator Barry Goldwater for President, who promised to overturn the Civil Rights Act and segregate the nation.

On an unrelated note, did you know that Sanders' parents were immigrants from Poland? His uncle was killed in the holocaust, and he was born a Jew, although he's irreligious.

Yes I've heard that all before. While she was off supporting Goldwater Bernie was supporting minorities. Jeremy Corbyn has a similar thing as he got arrested for protesting against Apartheid. Ultimately though it doesn't mean much politically, further proof that Hillary is a phony doesn't matter and no one doubts Sander's commitment. 

Remember even with all that Hillary still "owns" the Black vote.

0d018bd8898e322cb32b0593a481528d.jpg

12015153_10153666375712148_6026264464209

I don't believe Sanders has used that to try and gain favour with immigrants/minorities which is good. Those types of tactics are always quite underhanded and something Hillary has no issue using as Women should help a fellow woman and all that.

• Upvote 1

She also ganged up with prominent Second Wave feminists to destroy the credibility of the women who accused Bill of sexual assault. And she used a lot of coded dog-whistle racism while working for his campaign. She's faker than fake, but she's probably going to win because of the damn super candidates.

• Upvote 1

She also ganged up with prominent Second Wave feminists to destroy the credibility of the women who accused Bill of sexual assault. And she used a lot of coded dog-whistle racism while working for his campaign. She's faker than fake, but she's probably going to win because of the damn super candidates.

Thats if it's a close run thing where they they can split things down the middle enough but still give Hillary enough to tip her over Sanders. If Sanders has a big enough lead then the super candidates have to go with him enough to make him the winner... doing otherwise will completely alienate primarily the young voters Sanders has supporting him, bring out huge calls of the Democrat party being corrupt (it is but it'll be out in the complete open), and gift the Republicans easy attacks to do for big points.

Unless the Democrat establishment really believes even a openly corrupt Hillary is a stronger candidate than "comrade" Sanders, or simply don't want to run with a "too left wing" candidate in fear he'll actually win then they'll give it to Sanders if he establishes a convincing enough lead. 

The super Delegates and how the Democrats do it is most odd to me as from what I know the Republican party do it differently and in a manner where they have a lot less power. How the Democrats do it is far more open to corruption and favours the establishment candidate so if anything against the establishment appears they can shoot it down if need be. You only need to look at Hillary currently "beating" (quotes as they can change their pick... for some reason) Sanders 393 to 44. Though like I said, they'll rue the day if they screw Sanders openly.

Thats if it's a close run thing where they they can split things down the middle enough but still give Hillary enough to tip her over Sanders. If Sanders has a big enough lead then the super candidates have to go with him enough to make him the winner... doing otherwise will completely alienate primarily the young voters Sanders has supporting him, bring out huge calls of the Democrat party being corrupt (it is but it'll be out in the complete open), and gift the Republicans easy attacks to do for big points.

Unless the Democrat establishment really believes even a openly corrupt Hillary is a stronger candidate than "comrade" Sanders, or simply don't want to run with a "too left wing" candidate in fear he'll actually win then they'll give it to Sanders if he establishes a convincing enough lead. 

The super Delegates and how the Democrats do it is most odd to me as from what I know the Republican party do it differently and in a manner where they have a lot less power. How the Democrats do it is far more open to corruption and favours the establishment candidate so if anything against the establishment appears they can shoot it down if need be. You only need to look at Hillary currently "beating" (quotes as they can change their pick... for some reason) Sanders 393 to 44. Though like I said, they'll rue the day if they screw Sanders openly.

The super delegate system was unabashedly put in place to give party elite the final say over candidates. It's amazingly corrupt. Every time I feel confused and disheartened by canadian politics, i only need to look south.