Atheism

durmij

On this post I shall teach all about Atheism

If You have something rude to say about the true non religion this is NOT the place

No shit posting

This is not a debate thread

I'm just taking the piss. But if you want to ask a man that is convinced life is meaningless and is okay with that fact some questions, I can answer.

Muslims can't have all the fun.

Edited by durmij
  • Upvote 2

would you touch a poop for $20?

It's my birthday today, and I'm 33!

That means only one thing...BRING IT IN, GUYS!

*every character from every game, comic, cartoon, TV show, movie, and book reality come in with everything for a HUGE party*

4nVL9WJ.jpg

What's your opinion on Pascal's wager?

I find it to be a cop out. It's an argument from fear and provides no actual evidence to the debate. It's just insurance against an outcome that highly improbable, and I consider impossible.

It also a good example of what brought me around to atheism in the first place. Not only are many classical arguments very presumptive, they make no case for connecting the general concept of God to any particular faith. They start with these broad assumptions about the nature of a superbeing, and make no effort to actually relate it to the god they are arguing for. Pascal's wager was made under the assumption of choices of atheism or Christianity, but there are a dozen major groups of religion, let alone denominations. An exhaustive Pascal's wage would not be on a 2x2 chart, but across several pages of Excel.

• Upvote 4

Strip hen Hawking isn't an athiest

Caliph of The Caliphate of Arabia. Caliph of the Islamic State of Arabia. Principle of The Principality of Chechnya. Grand Emir of The Emirate of The Caucus. Emperor of the Empire of Persia. Sultan of The Sultanates of Turkey and The Crimea. Czar of the Tsardom of The Balkans. Archon of The Archonate of Greece. Supreme Consul of The Consulate of Italy. Shah of The Shahdom Of Khorason

Atheism often promotes itself as being rational unlike what they see as superstitious nonsense. However if we think logically isn't Agnosticism more rational of a thought than any other including Atheism? If we look it as a question of two sides, those who believe in God arrogantly proclaim to know of the superbeing's existence, while those who do not believe arrogantly proclaim to know of the superbeing's non-existence. Both have no real knowledge on the matter, none can actually prove their claims. 

• Upvote 1

Atheism often promotes itself as being rational unlike what they see as superstitious nonsense. However if we think logically isn't Agnosticism more rational of a thought than any other including Atheism? If we look it as a question of two sides, those who believe in God arrogantly proclaim to know of the superbeing's existence, while those who do not believe arrogantly proclaim to know of the superbeing's non-existence. Both have no real knowledge on the matter, none can actually prove their claims. 

I was about to post something about Agnosticism but Rozalia seems to have me covered.

I used to think I was an Atheist, but the whole debate just tired me out and figured I'd just be in the middle.

• Upvote 1

Hooves want a copy of the Quran

He/she said he/she was agnostic

Caliph of The Caliphate of Arabia. Caliph of the Islamic State of Arabia. Principle of The Principality of Chechnya. Grand Emir of The Emirate of The Caucus. Emperor of the Empire of Persia. Sultan of The Sultanates of Turkey and The Crimea. Czar of the Tsardom of The Balkans. Archon of The Archonate of Greece. Supreme Consul of The Consulate of Italy. Shah of The Shahdom Of Khorason

Strip hen Hawking isn't an athiest

True, "Strip hen Hawking", at least is far as I've read, is in the vague territory of Deism, Pantheism Agnostism blurred together that a lot of scientists find themselves in.

Hooves want a copy of the Quran

He/she said he/she was agnostic

You have your own thread for proselytizing you !@#$ shitpickle! 

would you touch a poop for $20?

Depends on the species of pooper and how desperate I was to get rent covered.

• Upvote 1

There is a huge ego problem in the Atheist community, mostly stemming from New Atheism. There is a tendency to treat every religious person as a creationist zealot, and to completely devalue anything that has religion attached. This ego also prevents atheist from taking in necessary criticism because everything as just dismissed as a either a smear by religious types or an impossible critique because they are so darn smart. Sexism is a huge problem in the skeptic community, but it won't get addressed because they think sexism is something only religious people do.

As for the Agnosticism, I choose the term Atheist because, for me, God as described by theists has been disproved to a level of evidence that satisfies me. But yes, no one really knows yet what the ultimate cause of the universe is. My father agrees with me on basically every question about the nature of the universe, and he's arrived at a sort of Deism with Pantheist elements. This is because he has faith and I don't, and I respect that.

Edited by durmij
  • Upvote 2

Meh, at this point in time all religions and gods (save Dio, cats and the Flying Spaghetti Monster) can go suck it for all I care.....

What if there is god and he saw that?

On this post I shall teach all about Atheism

If You have something rude to say about the true non religion this is NOT the place

No shit posting

This is not a debate thread

I'm just taking the piss. But if you want to ask a man that is convinced life is meaningless and is okay with that fact some questions, I can answer.

Muslims can't have all the fun.

With the field of Atheism there is no belief in God and hence no Teleology. Under this field of doctrine is it more or less to say that it is guided more by the philosophy of JS Mill or Immanual Kant?

Tiocfaidh ár lá

=Censored by Politics and War Moderation team=

s6McZGm.jpg?1

Well how dig big bag happen?

Atheism is great. I used to love it. Wasn't worth it, but it totally happened.

i think i've met like like a total of twenty people between (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) and PW who i didn't consider mentally broken

Well how dig big bag happen?

I assume you meant the "Big Bang?"

Not everyone believes there was ever a "Beginning" of the Universe. Ever think maybe that it is a constant existence which has been eternally fluctuating, shifting and in motion? Could it possibly be that the laws of Thermodynamics do not apply to the entirety of the Universe?

• Upvote 1