Atheism

durmij

You're making the same argument, the "god from the gaps", again. Sciences lack of understanding of a certain area of knowledge is not proof of god.

You're also deliberately misinterpreting conventional thinking on the big bang. It's not something from nothing, it's everything from a very tiny something.

I'm a Christian and I believe in the Big Bang. Though there's a lot of other things that go into it, but in short I believe the universe had a beginning.

Tiocfaidh ár lá

=Censored by Politics and War Moderation team=

s6McZGm.jpg?1

God created the Big Bang. Everything that science can bring up fits directly fits with Islam.

Caliph of The Caliphate of Arabia. Caliph of the Islamic State of Arabia. Principle of The Principality of Chechnya. Grand Emir of The Emirate of The Caucus. Emperor of the Empire of Persia. Sultan of The Sultanates of Turkey and The Crimea. Czar of the Tsardom of The Balkans. Archon of The Archonate of Greece. Supreme Consul of The Consulate of Italy. Shah of The Shahdom Of Khorason

really where in the Big Bang theory dose it says it needed a god

Well one could say that "God" was the star that created the big bang. Think about it for a moment. There are two places in the universe that you can find a singularity; the Big Bang and Black Holes. This could mean that the Big Bang was really a Supernova that collapsed into a black hole that formed this universe.

God created the Big Bang. Everything that science can bring up fits directly fits with Islam.

I think you would like the writtings of St. Thomas Aquinas. Though he is a Christian he writes how the creation of the universe proves God through Teleology.

• Upvote 1

Tiocfaidh ár lá

s6McZGm.jpg?1

Well one could say that "God" was the star that created the big bang. Think about it for a moment. There are two places in the universe that you can find a singularity; the Big Bang and Black Holes. This could mean that the Big Bang was really a Supernova that collapsed into a black hole that formed this universe.

I think you would like the writtings of St. Thomas Aquinas. Though he is a Christian he writes how the creation of the universe proves God through Teleology.

I mean a god in literal sense

pr_source.175x175-75.png

Are you up for a friendly debate on the other forum?

Which one? The christian one in the same format as this?

Which one? The christian one in the same format as this?

Well how about something like "God Exists." God will be defined as, "Mind that grounds reality" or  "the intellegence behind reality." There we will debate for a few posts and then open it up for discussion.

Tiocfaidh ár lá

s6McZGm.jpg?1

sol·ip·sism
ˈsälipˌsizəm/
noun

1. the view or theory that the self is all that can be known to exist.

how is that related to the big bang theroy

Oh, I thought you were talking about an argument relating to God, my mistake. 

Tiocfaidh ár lá

s6McZGm.jpg?1

really where in the Big Bang theory dose it says it needed a god

It doesn't say it needs a God, but the reason behind a great deal of it's opposition was that the Big Bang showed that the Universe had a beginning which seemed almost too religious. That was Fred Hoyle's main reason behind it's opposition. Christians originally opposed it as it seemed very spontanious and not in accordance with the Genesis creation story.

Tiocfaidh ár lá

s6McZGm.jpg?1

Well how about something like "God Exists." God will be defined as, "Mind that grounds reality" or  "the intellegence behind reality." There we will debate for a few posts and then open it up for discussion.

Sure but tbh I'll probably have to wait till monday. Hella work schedule until that.

It doesn't say it needs a God, but the reason behind a great deal of it's opposition was that the Big Bang showed that the Universe had a beginning which seemed almost too religious. That was Fred Hoyle's main reason behind it's opposition. Christians originally opposed it as it seemed very spontanious and not in accordance with the Genesis creation story.

Yeah the Big Bang Theory is neither evidence for or against, especially since it's still a theory.

Yeah the Big Bang Theory is neither evidence for or against, especially since it's still a theory.

As used in science, a theory is an explanation or model based on observation, experimentation, and reasoning, especially one that has been tested and confirmed as a general principle helping to explain and predict natural phenomena. Any scientific theory must be based on a careful and rational examination of the facts.

pr_source.175x175-75.png

Alright you were ignorable before, but know you're starting to piss me off. This is a discussion thread about atheism. First off, you're not discussing anything, you're just repeating the same points over and over again. You're not listening to anyone else and you are certainly not contributing anything of worth. Secondly, you have your own thread to preach in. The purpose of this thread is to discuss atheism and inform people of what it really entails, not to convert them. Hell, I stole this format from you.

So you have two options. Either ask questions that actually follow the conversation and inform yourself and others about the topic at hand (no you don't have to convert), or !@#$ off back to your own thread and spam there.

• Upvote 1

As used in science, a theory is an explanation or model based on observation, experimentation, and reasoning, especially one that has been tested and confirmed as a general principle helping to explain and predict natural phenomena. Any scientific theory must be based on a careful and rational examination of the facts.

True, very true, but it hasn't been backed up experimental evidence and isn't the Big Bang Law yet. It's certainly the best going train of thought on the formation of the universe.

God is not a being God is being

In the Quran it says that the sky and earth were one and we tore them usunder

Caliph of The Caliphate of Arabia. Caliph of the Islamic State of Arabia. Principle of The Principality of Chechnya. Grand Emir of The Emirate of The Caucus. Emperor of the Empire of Persia. Sultan of The Sultanates of Turkey and The Crimea. Czar of the Tsardom of The Balkans. Archon of The Archonate of Greece. Supreme Consul of The Consulate of Italy. Shah of The Shahdom Of Khorason

Alright you were ignorable before, but know you're starting to piss me off. This is a discussion thread about atheism. First off, you're not discussing anything, you're just repeating the same points over and over again. You're not listening to anyone else and you are certainly not contributing anything of worth. Secondly, you have your own thread to preach in. The purpose of this thread is to discuss atheism and inform people of what it really entails, not to convert them. Hell, I stole this format from you.

So you have two options. Either ask questions that actually follow the conversation and inform yourself and others about the topic at hand (no you don't have to convert), or !@#$ off back to your own thread and spam there.

btw if you have questions they would be dealt by me and i am not a nice guy, don't look at my member title. 

True, very true, but it hasn't been backed up experimental evidence and isn't the Big Bang Law yet. It's certainly the best going train of thought on the formation of the universe.

your right there but you went right

there

Edited by Jack Mcfloyd

pr_source.175x175-75.png

So is gravity.

Sure but tbh I'll probably have to wait till monday. Hella work schedule until that.

I can do the same.

Tiocfaidh ár lá

s6McZGm.jpg?1

God is not a being God is being

In the Quran it says that the sky and earth were one and we tore them usunder

I'm afraid you cannot quote religious text for an argument. Even though I'm a Roman Catholic, I am unable to do this and if you want to make an argument and have it heard then you must play at their level. Though there are other ways you can still use religion and make it relivant though.

• Upvote 1

Tiocfaidh ár lá

s6McZGm.jpg?1

I've done my best to keep this post short believe me I have

According to the Quran the earth is 1/3 the age of the universe.

This is because Allah created the Universe in Six days.

Allah used two of those days to create the earth.

2/6= 1/3

If the universe is 13.8bil years old and the earth is 4.57bil years old = roughly one third

Allan's throne is as wide as the universe. Therefore due to its relative mass it means time in Allahs dimension is MUCH slower

I'm afraid you cannot quote religious text for an argument. Even though I'm a Roman Catholic, I am unable to do this and if you want to make an argument and have it heard then you must play at their level. Though there are other ways you can still use religion and make it relivant though.

is religios

uses non-biblical arguments in a discussion

I've done my best to keep this post short believe me I have

According to the Quran the earth is 1/3 the age of the universe.

This is because Allah created the Universe in Six days.

Allah used two of those days to create the earth.

2/6= 1/3

If the universe is 13.8bil years old and the earth is 4.57bil years old = roughly one third

Allan's throne is as wide as the universe. Therefore due to its relative mass it means time in Allahs dimension is MUCH slower

what about the contradictions 

also with a quick google search i fond this While Quran 70.4 compares time on Earth with time in wormholes (1 day vs 50,000 years). (The Christian Bible puts the creation of Earth on day one; making the age of Earth equal to the age of the universe. So the age of the universe according to the Bible is six thousand years).

pr_source.175x175-75.png