Not Being Able to See the Ads of Someone You've Embargoed

Alex

• Administrators

I had a thought that I'd like to open up for everyone to discuss here:

What if when you embargoed someone, you no longer saw the advertisements that they posted?

There are pros and cons to this; on one hand it's somewhat stifling of free speech, though you could probably get around that by having someone else post ads for you if you were embargoed.

On the other hand, it would probably make a lot of people happy who don't like particular individuals or their ads. For example, someone who thought all the BK ads (please don't hate me for this, just trying to pick a generic example) were dumb or didn't appreciate the humor in them and didn't want to see them, could embargo Shifty Stranger (who primarily is the one who posts the ads.) They then wouldn't see the BK ads, while everyone else still would, etc.

If enough people all embargoed Shifty Stranger, he might even consider changing his advertisements to something that people found more acceptable in an effort to get un-embargoed.

I realize this probably isn't a perfect solution, but it would be a very simple one and I think would largely solve the conflicts that we're seeing with the Player Advertisements.

Thoughts?

• Upvote 5

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

Why tie it with an Embargo? What if I'm tired of seeing an ad but I don't want to embargo the person? :/

• Upvote 1

Psweet> pro-tip: don't listen to baronus if Prezyan disagrees with him

5:48 AM — +Eva-Beatrice sq**rts all over the walls

Eva-Beatrice> I'd let Sintiya conquer me anyday x)

10:56 PM — +Eva-Beatrice m*st*rb*tes in front of Prezyan

12:13 AM — +Eva-Beatrice has no one to !@#$ :(

I need this

• Upvote 1

º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸

¨°º¤ø„¸ GOD EMPEROR BIO DRANDO¨°º¤ø„¸

¨°º¤ø„¸ BIO DRANDO GOD EMPEROR¨°º¤ø„¸

¨°º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸

• Administrators

Why tie it with an Embargo? What if I'm tired of seeing an ad but I don't want to embargo the person? :/

Well then you shouldn't embargo them. This isn't supposed to be a feature to just prevent you from seeing any ads, as you'd have to embargo potentially every single nation in the game. Having the embargo be a consequence that impacts you as well as them will make you think twice before actually doing it, because 99% of the time you probably should just put up with the ad anyway.

Well, then people could just embargo everyone who posts ads in order to disable ads, when that's normally a VIP feature.

This is true, but that would potentially require embargoing every single nation in the game, which is probably more work than it's worth. Also, the disable ads for VIP is probably a very much unused feature anyway, and I don't think many/any people really buy VIP just for that.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

It would make people think twice about insulting and stupid advertisements. Come on!

You can always just roll them.

<3 first comment, I like it

inb4 someone embargoes everyone in BK, Mensa

>0 Mensa Ads running right now

okaaay

☾☆

Priest of Dio

¨°º¤ø„¸ GOD EMPEROR DIO BRANDO¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¸ DIO BRANDO GOD EMPEROR¨°º¤ø„¸

6m0xPQ1.gif

Have you seen Princess Bubblegum's score? It was like, 20, the last time I checked.

Oh that's who you are annoyed with...

TRUMP 2016

Edited by TellUrGrlThx
  • Upvote 5

☾☆

Priest of Dio

¨°º¤ø„¸ GOD EMPEROR DIO BRANDO¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¸ DIO BRANDO GOD EMPEROR¨°º¤ø„¸

6m0xPQ1.gif

<3 first comment, I like it

inb4 someone embargoes everyone in BK, Mensa

Valid CB

Let's get em' Mensa.

[22:37:51] <&Yosodog> Problem is, everyone is too busy deciding which top gun character they are that no decision has been made

BK in a nutshell

I had a thought that I'd like to open up for everyone to discuss here:

What if when you embargoed someone, you no longer saw the advertisements that they posted?

There are pros and cons to this; on one hand it's somewhat stifling of free speech, though you could probably get around that by having someone else post ads for you if you were embargoed.

On the other hand, it would probably make a lot of people happy who don't like particular individuals or their ads. For example, someone who thought all the BK ads (please don't hate me for this, just trying to pick a generic example) were dumb or didn't appreciate the humor in them and didn't want to see them, could embargo Shifty Stranger (who primarily is the one who posts the ads.) They then wouldn't see the BK ads, while everyone else still would, etc.

If enough people all embargoed Shifty Stranger, he might even consider changing his advertisements to something that people found more acceptable in an effort to get un-embargoed.

I realize this probably isn't a perfect solution, but it would be a very simple one and I think would largely solve the conflicts that we're seeing with the Player Advertisements.

Thoughts?

Mensa embargo incoming

Edited by Cynthia Mackintosh

Peace will never be accomplished without war, but war cannot happen without peace.... or something like that idk

If the ads bother you that much, then just bite the bullet and buy the VIP package.

It's more of a "only block who you want to" aproach. For example, I'd embargo Princess Bubblegum, because her ads are annoying af, and Mad Max, because his flashing ad gives me a headache whenever I see it.

putin-trump-sig_zps657urhx9.jpg

Also, the disable ads for VIP is probably a very much unused feature anyway, and I don't think many/any people really buy VIP just for that.

Didn't you have an ad just to promote this feature? I thought you wanted to make more money? Make them buy VIP.

Didn't you have an ad just to promote this feature? I thought you wanted to make more money? Make them buy VIP.

The reason you don't want this is because practically the whole game will embargo you.

• Upvote 1

Sure, but that doesn't mean there aren't other reasons why this isn't the best idea.

Well, it's better than what we have now. Even if I did buy VIP, I'd still want this in place so I could just block a select few.

Well, it's better than what we have now. Even if I did buy VIP, I'd still want this in place so I could just block a select few.

And that seems reasonable. Make it a part of the VIP package.

I mean, really, this can also be done without buying VIP. There are browser add-ons that will disable image urls from ever loading again if you right click on the image and select that option from the drop down menu.

Edited by Princess Bubblegum

And that seems reasonable. Make it a part of the VIP package.

I mean, really, this can also be done without buying VIP. There are browser add-ons that will disable image urls from ever loading again if you right click on the image and select that option from the drop down menu.

Sheepy needs to stop making everything VIP-only, it's just a stupid thing to have pretty much every update only affect people who pay for the game. I have an ad-blocker, but it also blocks out the flags and every other ad, and keeps that ugly blue space, too. Can't us Free-to-Players have anything nice?