Help Stop Discrimination Based on Sexual Orientation and/or Gender Identity

Alexander

Drop the slippery slope argument. It's a poor debate tactic. Trans people are real and they are asking for very small steps to be taken to ensure their safety. The violence against trans individuals is well documented. The dehumanizing leads to violence, and clarifying that the dehumanization is not supported by the school administration is a very important initiative that will go a long way in terms of positive impact on peoples lives.

As for the bathroom argument that comes up every damn time

http://mediamatters.org/research/2014/03/20/15-experts-debunk-right-wing-transgender-bathro/198533

I'm actually in favor of intersex bathrooms. I see no problem with it. Nudism is even pretty cool, as it completely removes the rediculous stigma of hiding ones genitals. So for the record, I'm playing devils advocate there. Although your link provides nothing to back it's argument other than quotes from the most bias sources they could possibly find.

As for the slippery slope argument, how is it a poor debate tactic? Prove it. As I've pointed out through my entire argument, these protections already exist. And as I've further pointed out, bullying and !@#$ people are a part of life, not something the government can realistically protect you from. 

"Stop being a !@#$" is what my father would have told me in the case of bullying. 

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

<Jroc> I heard \ is an anagram of cocaine
<\> I can't be rearranged into a line, I already am a line.

--Foxburo Wiki--

Nudism is even pretty cool, as it completely removes the rediculous stigma of hiding ones genitals.

I, for one, don't think modesty is a "ridiculous stigma". I see your point in how people can do whatever the f**k they want, but without clothing, there would most likely be a lot more rape, a shortage in jobs for tailors, and a whole lot of boners.

putin-trump-sig_zps657urhx9.jpg

I, for one, don't think modesty is a "ridiculous stigma". I see your point in how people can do whatever the f**k they want, but without clothing, there would most likely be a lot more rape, a shortage in jobs for tailors, and a whole lot of boners.

You sound like a deluded Muslim. Should I cover my face too to prevent rape?

12132013111956.jpg

Try hanging with some nudists some time. There is nothing weird or awkward about it. People actually raise children this way, and it's 100% natural. The kids don't grow up getting hard ons being around the opposite sex because it's not something that's hidden or taboo. 

Edited by Fox Fire
  • Upvote 1

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

--Foxburo Wiki--

You sound like a deluded Muslim. Should I cover my face too to prevent rape?

12132013111956.jpg

Well, of course. What I meant was that someone without clothes is a whole lot easier to rape. Anyway, it's way too f**king cold where I live for anyone to want to go nude anyway.

putin-trump-sig_zps657urhx9.jpg

Well, of course. What I meant was that someone without clothes is a whole lot easier to rape. Anyway, it's way too f**king cold where I live for anyone to want to go nude anyway.

I disagree, nudists are even a thing in Russia, in places where it's considerably cold. 

Also, refer to my edited post. 

Also, raping someone is just as easy with or without clothes. If I kick you in the dick, it probably doesn't matter if I have clothes. If you outweigh me by 50 lbs and punch me in the face a few times, it probably doesn't matter if I have clothes. 

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

--Foxburo Wiki--

Drop the slippery slope argument. It's a poor debate tactic. Trans people are real and they are asking for very small steps to be taken to ensure their safety. The violence against trans individuals is well documented. The dehumanizing leads to violence, and clarifying that the dehumanization is not supported by the school administration is a very important initiative that will go a long way in terms of positive impact on peoples lives.

http://mediamatters.org/research/2014/03/20/15-experts-debunk-right-wing-transgender-bathro/198533

To directly refute the media matters bathroom theory with reality.

http://www.dailywire.com/news/330/university-toronto-dumps-transgender-bathrooms-pardes-seleh

Elder and Minister of Finance for The Coalition

This is such a lovely, friendly, and overall pleasant conversation!

o/

• Upvote 1

Psweet> pro-tip: don't listen to baronus if Prezyan disagrees with him

5:48 AM — +Eva-Beatrice sq**rts all over the walls

Eva-Beatrice> I'd let Sintiya conquer me anyday x)

10:56 PM — +Eva-Beatrice m*st*rb*tes in front of Prezyan

12:13 AM — +Eva-Beatrice has no one to !@#$ :(

To directly refute the media matters bathroom theory with reality.

http://www.dailywire.com/news/330/university-toronto-dumps-transgender-bathrooms-pardes-seleh

This is something fundamentally different then what was being discussed. Gender neutral bathrooms are just a rebranding of coed bathrooms which have been around for decades. Those incidents aren't cases of cis men pretending to be trans women to commit predatory actions as was being discussed in this thread. These are instances of cis men committing predatory actions in a bathroom they always had access to. But hey, if we want to talk about the prevalence of sexual violence in post-secondary institutions and the failure of administrations and ultimately society to treat it seriously, i'm down.

And I know everyone gravitates to media that confirms their biases, myself included, but could you pick one that doesn't sound like it was by a bible thumping house wife at a PTA meeting? If you ask someone an unanswerable question, you're not doing journalism, you're proselytizing.

TL;DR: If you're going to refute me with an article, make sure it's actually about the discussion going on. 

Edit: Spelling

Edited by durmij

I'm actually in favor of intersex bathrooms. I see no problem with it. Nudism is even pretty cool, as it completely removes the rediculous stigma of hiding ones genitals. So for the record, I'm playing devils advocate there. Although your link provides nothing to back it's argument other than quotes from the most bias sources they could possibly find.

As for the slippery slope argument, how is it a poor debate tactic? Prove it. As I've pointed out through my entire argument, these protections already exist. And as I've further pointed out, bullying and !@#$ people are a part of life, not something the government can realistically protect you from. 

The slippery slope tactic is terrible because it leaves the respondent with three option. Treat it at face value, which is useless because it's an argument designed to be ridiculous. Or ignore, in which case it could be seen as a conceded point. Or the best option, call it out on it's ridiculousness, which is still bad because the argument was always ridiculous on it's face, and calling it out just derails the discussion further. https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/slippery-slope

As for being devils advocate, why? The devil doesn't need an advocate, he's doing fine.

As for my source being biased, fair enough, I didn't really vet it. It was just the third link when I googled it and seemed alright at a glance. Information from more even sources like state departments are harder to come by, and at the end of the day, a subforum argument on a browser based nation simulator is probably not going to be the tipping point of equality in North America.

My generation (millennials) are a bunch of self-righteous, entitled, deluded children.

Our men are growing into manbabies.

Our women are being told it's ok to be as disgusting as possible.

Guys, let's face it, this generation sucks. 

i thought you were small child in generation z!!!

i thought you were small child in generation z!!!

OOC insults. Wow. How low can you go?

• Upvote 1

<&Partisan> EAT THE SHIT

<blacklabel> lol @ ever caring about how much you matter in some dumbass nation simulation browser game. what a !@#$in pathetic waste of life

iZHAsgV.png

My generation (millennials) are a bunch of self-righteous, entitled, deluded children.

Our men are growing into manbabies.

Our women are being told it's ok to be as disgusting as possible.

Guys, let's face it, this generation sucks. 

Do you have anything substantive to say on this subject, or is it all baseless alarmist folk wisdom about how were doomed?

40% of my generation support censorship of something that could hurt someone's feelings.

Tumblr feminism.

Source? As I've stated many times before, this is about small practical steps to make a marginalized community safer, but if you haven't gotten that yet, you never will.

And on the note of Tumblr feminism, my gender non-conforming friend has to maintain a Tumblr account for art school, and they find it obnoxiously oversensitive. If you judge feminism based on Tumblr, you're admitting you don't want to look into it any further and are using Tumblr as an off hand dismissal to shirk your responsibility to have an informed opinion.

As I said in the other thread, you shouldn't take a vocal obnoxious minority as representative of an entire group. For example, Ibrahim doesn't represent Muslims and Captain Vietnam doesn't represent all Vietnamese people.

Most of the staff bathrooms at my work are for both men and women. They're just like any other bathroom except there are no urinals.

☾☆

Priest of Dio

just because the Nazis did something doesn't mean it's automatically wrong

oh atheist promote mass murder now?

no wonder that america is such a mess with people like you

RELEASE THE 101ST AIRBORNE TRANSVESTITE BRIGADE

gay-army.jpg

Edited by Luna
  • Upvote 2

iAdNwuC.png

[00:55] <@Lyro> the world is a gaybar son

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2015/11/20/40-of-millennials-ok-with-limiting-speech-offensive-to-minorities/

Fine, third-wave feminism.

You know, the SJWs who have become a big problem? 

The people who crucified James Watson, co-discoverer of DNA, for DARING to suggest that there are genetic differences between races?

The people who refuse to deal with Islamic extremism because they're not "bigots" or "xenophobic"

The people who believe that women are oppressed in the Western world but are completely ok with the Middle Eastern treatment of women?

The people who think think we can afford to pay for all their shit so shut down Wall Street.

Those are the people I'm talking about.

Point by Point

SJW is another meaningless term to dismiss off hand people whose arguments you don't want to hear. And considering that they are overwhelmingly on the receiving end of things like threats of violence, i would hardly categorize them as a "big problem".

James Watson has repeatedly endorsed eugenics. Come the !@#$ on.

Most critique of Islam does come from bigots and zenophobes. We need to build an anti-oppressive with muslims involved, not only because it's right, but because the alternative will just cause reactionary entrenchment and push more moderates to extremism.

This one is just bald faced disingenuous. Inter-sectional Feminism opposes the idea that one culture is always inherently better than another. In this case, the faux feminism of liberalism would have us riding around like white knight snatching hijabs while we pat ourselves on the back, instead of creating an environment where muslim women are truly free to decide how to participate in their religion.

The last one has a lot to unpack, too much to even answer fully. I think your confusing anti-capitalism with feminism, although the 2 work together on many subjects. "We can afford to pay for all their shit" is literally so off base i don't even know how to approach it. But if the state of the world after Reagan, Thatcher and Mulroney had their way with it can't convince you that capitalism is bad, nothing will.

Edit: Forgot the poll. Pew seems to do good work mostly, but I find this question a little vague. What is "offensive"? Does that mean incitement violence, which is already banned? Does it mean basically every Family Guy episode? I admit the numbers are eyebrow raising, but without better, more direct questions, and in light of the prevailing lack of understanding of what free speech actually is among the general populace and millennials in particular, the study isn't thorough enough to make me buy a bunker yet.

Edited by durmij

But communists are atheists that's why i dislike them

But i'll have to agree with captain Viet Minh here

You got rekt by China during the Korean war AND you could win the Vietnam war but Billons of dollars would be wasted on a war with an Minor nation wich won't give Murica profit

If you lose over billons of dollars i can't say that you actually won

we eat dog in vietnam you know

Lol

Signed by Sultan Moreau

UqIjjeQ.jpg

Maybe they shouldn't do Dehumanazing stuff?

Signed by Sultan Moreau

UqIjjeQ.jpg

There is an reason that Men and women exist

No Gay's or lesbians

No trannsexual's or whatever

No bi'sexuals

Like normal humans,Who marry and have sexual intercourse with people who don't have the same gender as them

Signed by Sultan Moreau

UqIjjeQ.jpg