Help Stop Discrimination Based on Sexual Orientation and/or Gender Identity

Alexander

Saw thread title, expected bullshit, found bullshit. This thread is the same everywhere you find it on the internet.

"Hey, can we maybe make a vague, non-binding statement about how discrimination is bad?"

"NO. Free speech! Liberals are retarded. Homosexuality is just a gateway drug to molestation! Next you'll want my gun!"

• Upvote 2

Saw thread title, expected bullshit, found bullshit. This thread is the same everywhere you find it on the internet.

"Hey, can we maybe make a vague, non-binding statement about how discrimination is bad?"

"NO. Free speech! Liberals are retarded. Homosexuality is just a gateway drug to molestation! Next you'll want my gun!"

Ok then.

But it is fun to watch want some popcorn

The Great Emperor of New Scandinavia

I am just tired of these dumb conservatives making any and every excuse to not include LGBT student in school non discrimination policies. If they were were gay or transgender they would want these policies in place to protect them from descrimination.

Edited by Edsel
  • Upvote 1

It's not butthurt, these are real issues affecting real people. Of course were going to get passionate. Trans women are much more likely to face violence, Trans women of colour even more so. I have friends who have been assaulted. My gender non-conforming friend can't find a therapist who respects who they are, and they've already attempted suicide once this year. Gender reprogramming therapy has been proven to drive teens to suicide, but it's still government funded in Canada.

• Upvote 1

They are unnecessary and fall under bullying rules.

The majority of schools in the United States already have these rules. Besides, what would it change? It won't stop discrimination, it won't stop bullying. It'll only turn into a tool, and we've seen it used as a tool. "This person doesn't agree with me on something, this is homophobia or misogyny or whatever buzzword we're using today." 

Durmij, there's already a god damn statement on how discrimination is bad, and this isn't even a liberal/conservative debate. In this situation, the "liberals" are taking a very conservative stance when they want to censor speech they deem hateful or offensive with the "conservatives" demanding the right to criticize.

It's not about allowing bullying, it never was. It's about allowing dissent as liberals were allowed to dissent. In universities we're seeing "safe spaces" pop up. They effectively remove free speech and ostracize anyone who doesn't agree with any aspect of the PC Narrative.

No, discrimination is bad, but mentioning stuff like this specifically is unneeded and insulting. I don't need to be told not to be a jackass. I, and the vast majority of people, know not to. What do you propose be done? Harsher punishments? Witch hunts for people who think homosexuality and transsexuality is wrong?

You are making this about a totally different issue. I agree with free speech. Also, this agrument is about the extension of non-discrimination policy in a Florida school district, so that it will include gender identity and sexual orientation. An law that explicitly protects LGBTQ students from discrimination does not exsist in this county in Florida. Just because a majority of schools in the United States might already uave rules protecting LGBT students from discrimination, that doesn't mean that they exsist in the schools in this specific Florida school district.

But they don't fall under bullying rules. Many states have gone to great lengths to exclude sexual and gender discrimination under the guise of "religious freedom". In Canada, the anti-choice movement has invested a lot of time and money to ensure that they can raise their kids to be bigots, which is pretty damaging if the kid turns out to be !@#$. Pretty much every country in the "West" has determined that laws that inhibit "free speech" for the effect of make people safe are necessary.

On the subject of Safe Spaces, they do not stop speech. The just create an area were a person has a better than average chance of not dealing with a subject matter related to a personal trauma. You can still have the conversation, some people are just willing to give fair warning.

• Upvote 2

I would be butthurt about the education system that has failed you so bad you can't even spell "Nickleback" right, thus ruining what would might be a mediocre joke.

I don't think that English is his native language. Stop being so rude.

I would be butthurt about the education system that has failed you so bad you can't even spell "Nickleback" right, thus ruining what would might be a mediocre joke.

It is not a joke

I don't think that English is his native language. Stop being so rude.

I just can not spell

The Great Emperor of New Scandinavia

No, there are hundreds of documented cases of "safe spaces" completely destroying free speech. 

Bullshit. Free speech is between you and the government. Not having certain subjects discussed in certain parts of private institutions (most post-secondary institutions) is literally unrelated.

Yale. Professor is attacked after daring to take an opposite side in a respectful debate on cultural appropriation. 

He is confronted by a pack of students outside class, with one yelling "your job isn't to create an intellectual environment, it is to create a safe space for us"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/grade-point/wp/2015/11/05/a-confrontation-over-race-at-yale-hundreds-of-students-demand-answers-from-the-schools-first-black-dean/

Well those people are idiots.

I am just tired of these dumb conservatives making any and every excuse to not include LGBT student in school non discrimination policies. If they were were gay or transgender they would want these policies in place to protect them from descrimination.

And I'm tired of seeing attack helicopters not mentioned in the non-discrimination policy. Now what?

• Upvote 2

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

<Jroc> I heard \ is an anagram of cocaine
<\> I can't be rearranged into a line, I already am a line.

--Foxburo Wiki--

Couldn't find that quote in the article?

Also it's pretty telling that the majority of the times people cite free speech is when there telling other people that they're concerns are invalid because they should "tolerate it". Like, the core issue of the article is literally blackface and segregation.

• Upvote 2

Bullshit. Free speech is between you and the government. Not having certain subjects discussed in certain parts of private institutions (most post-secondary institutions) is literally unrelated.

I demand this subject not be discussed..... Now what?....

Your post makes no sense.

It makes perfect sense. I'm an attack helicopter. I'm tired of you people hating me for bombing Arabs. It's my job. Don't you hate terrorists? 

(This is me pointing out how many things you can discriminate against, and why this thread is retarded).

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

<Jroc> I heard \ is an anagram of cocaine
<\> I can't be rearranged into a line, I already am a line.

--Foxburo Wiki--

Your post makes no sense.

It's an old meme. "I identify as an Apache helicopter". It's just run of the mill shitlord troll bait.

I demand this subject not be discussed..... Now what?....

This isn't a safe space. Nobody was expecting this to be a safe space. Having some areas where people have a better than average chance of not dealing with certain subjects is not an Orwellian censorship hell your slippery slope leads you too.

Couldn't find that quote in the article?

Also it's pretty telling that the majority of the times people cite free speech is when there telling other people that they're concerns are invalid because they should "tolerate it". Like, the core issue of the article is literally blackface and segregation.

true

• Upvote 1