A petition

Ekejen Luish

Islamic State alone could refer to a lot of things. Except everything about your nation is synonymous with ISIL. Doesn't take a telescope to see that.

Can anyone name another "Islamic State" who's capital is Raqqah?

Al-Raqqah was the capital of the Abbasid Caliphate under the reign of Harun al-Rashid (Civiliazation V, anyone?).

ztt5Wgs.png

Seriously though, as the others said. You're free to dislike him and use ingame means to express that. Seeing as there's no laws being broken though, I'd say let the community police itself.

Edited by Vosunda
  • Upvote 1

Al-Raqqah was the capital of the Abbasid Caliphate under the reign of Harun al-Rashid (Civiliazation V, anyone?).

Touche. We all know that's not what you're RPing though.

• Upvote 3

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

<Jroc> I heard \ is an anagram of cocaine
<\> I can't be rearranged into a line, I already am a line.

--Foxburo Wiki--

Islamic State on it's own is fine. Combine it with the (censored) black standard, the city names, and the name Ibrahim (name of the leader of ISIS) and we get an undeniable link to ISIS. 

Nope, they beiged me as fast as they could, as I was inflicting heavy casualties on both of my attackers via Airstrikes.

In the end it was a treasure grab and the damages dealt to Roz Wei vastly surmounted the 10m it would have cost to peacefully acquire it from me.

They beiged you because I didn't want to roll Odd Squad over you who were at the time attacking my members. In the end you're now out of Odd Squad and you won't last long where you are now I assure you.

Oh and we don't negotiate with terrorists. 

Ibrahim is clearly:

1. A muslim
2. Politically in support of a unified Muslim state or caliphate
3. Very conservative in his interpretation of Islam

As a result of that he gets a fair bit of stick from people who disagree with fundamentalist and political Islam. Does Ibrahim support ISIS? I seriously doubt it. Does he respond to general trolling re: point 1-3 by not-so-subtly modelling his country after ISIS? I think that's pretty obvious. If you rise to the bait by making a thread like this every 2-3 days you don't achieve anything and you look silly. Just let Sheepy deal with it when he feels the line has been crossed. It's not like he's not aware of the situation.

It isn't simply conservatism. The conservative rulers of Saudi Arabia are to him too "liberal" and actually "apostates" due to their "soft hand" (unlike dear ISIS). He denies all unjust killing by ISIS and anyone who they killed deserved it, I'd say including women and children but he denies those deaths even happen. The plight of women in places ruled by ISIS? What you're talking about, ISIS would never harm a women, nobody respects a women more then a good Muslim like them. America/Syria/Russia/Israel however? Satan's army apparently, but not the scum of ISIS who are fighting the "good fight" against them. 

He is smart enough to never directly say he is an ISIS supporter but is obvious to anyone who sees the filth he puts out when debating things.

• Upvote 4

Well as long as noone blows up the P&W servers, there is no problem with naming. just because you are offended doesn't mean that you get the right to stop others from doing stuff which are otherwise harmless. Show me a credible image of Ibrahim casually enforcing Sharia in Mosul, then we can talk about banning him.

But since he is behaving just like any other normal citizen of the world, you should just shut up for abit and keep your Islamophobia to yourself.

• Upvote 1

PnW spy brag.png

• Moderators

Since this regards moderation, not Orbis politics, I have moved this thread to Moderation Support.

As long as conversation on the matter stays relevant and constructive, I'll leave this thread open. Sheepy may decide otherwise, however, once he arrives.

Pretty much. Yes, the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria is a terrorist organization. But an Islamic state is just a type of government. I don't see the big deal >_>

The big deal is his flag. Ibrahim's flag is the black flag of Jihad and the Taliban in particular. It isn't just a Islamic state he is emulating, but a rogue state.

This is a non issue imo but you should chill out. If you got a problem with his nation take it out the good ole way, war. Burn his nation to the ground and demand he change his name. If you don't wanna do that then, freedom of speech ftw

Alas I cannot burn his nation because a) Rose and SK will burn mine in return and B) His nation is to puny for me to attack.

• Upvote 2

Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest

The big deal is his flag. Ibrahim's flag is the black flag of Jihad and the Taliban in particular. It isn't just a Islamic state he is emulating, but a rogue state.

My flag is the black standard carried by the Prophet Muhammad (saw) and the words written on it is nothing more than the Islamic declaration of faith.

AlasI cannot burn his nation because a) Rose and SK will burn mine in return and B) His nation is to puny for me to attack.

Cool.

Edited by Ibrahim
ztt5Wgs.png

I have a feeling this endless argument that has expanded into numerous threads is not going to end until the ban hammer falls on one side or the other. Which might even just result in more outrage. 

My honest opinion here, and what I would do in this case if I were a mod....

I would suggest a name change for Ibrahims nation and a more strict stance be taken on his defensive posts regarding the actions of ISIL. He may not strictly say that he supports ISIL, but we've all seen him defend their murderous actions as being somehow legally or morally right. Example:

Almost all of those victims were soldiers/spies and the others were people who broke one of their laws that warrants the death penalty.

The entire planet (the UN) disagrees and considers such actions to be not only internationally illegal, but amounting to war crimes and human rights violations. 

"But that's not fair! It doesn't break any rules!" They might say. 

I disagree.

Questionable Actions and Content

The guidelines above may not cover every situation. Should we encounter something that we deem harmful to the community, we reserve the right to take action against it.

^Please note the above. I know it only falls under forums rules but this should logically also apply to IG rules. So far, the moderation staff seems to be ignoring this rule in favor of strictly following, word for word, the other well defined rules. If this is a part of the rules, it should be taken into consideration and applied in this case. The ongoing argument here is obviously damaging to the community.

Even if we assume that Ibrahims nation and statements are not directly related to ISIS, it's quite obvious that many disagree and many find it offensive.  

The term Islamic State may refer to many things. It simply means, by the literal definition, an Islamic State. However, in modern times, the name "Islamic State" is now synonymous with the worlds most terrible criminal group, and sadly, probably always will be.

But I'm 99% sure this will not change Sheepys opinion. He's already made up his mind, and that is, to ignore this.

• Upvote 5

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

--Foxburo Wiki--

Alas I cannot burn his nation because a) Rose and SK will burn mine in return and B) His nation is to puny for me to attack.

I'm going to agree with Ibrahim. The Flag itself is a black Shahada of Jihad and is far older than any terrorist group. 

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

--Foxburo Wiki--

"Almost all of those victims were soldiers/spies and the others were people who broke one of their laws that warrants the death penalty."

The entire planet (the UN) disagrees and considers such actions to be not only internationally illegal, but amounting to war crimes and human rights violations. 

"But that's not fair! It doesn't break any rules!" They might say. 

I disagree.

1. What I stated was a fact and I wasn't giving my opinion on the matter.
  2. Saudi Arabia has almost the exact same laws as I.S. and the only difference is they have a seat at the UN.

If you believe what I said was factually incorrect, then present your evidence, and proceed to correct me instead of attempting to silence me.

Edited by Ibrahim
ztt5Wgs.png

there should be Capital punishment for anyone who is proven before a court of law that they have engaged in MSM.

Quoted directly from Ibrahim. I know it really doesn't relate to ISIS and stuff, but still. Is it seriously right to discriminate people and kill people just because they're different from you, Ibrahim!?

• Upvote 3

This is very small

2. Saudi Arabia has almost the exact same laws as I.S. and the only difference is they have a seat at the UN.

If you believe what I said was factually incorrect, then present your evidence, and proceed to correct me instead of attempting to silence me.

I don't mean to silence you. Only ISIL. 

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

--Foxburo Wiki--

1. It appears that someone who disagrees with Daesh is either a Soldier or a Spy or breaking the rules.......really?

2. I do believe that almost everyone decried Saudi Arabia for having those rules in the thread about Saudi Arabia, most people aren't pleased that they are in the UN.

Edited by Rob Ap Ioan
  • Upvote 3

Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest

Quoted directly from Ibrahim. I know it really doesn't relate to ISIS and stuff, but still. Is it seriously right to discriminate people and kill people just because they're different from you, Ibrahim!?

If you're going to Quote me then I would ask that you do so fully.

ztt5Wgs.png

1. It appears that someone who disagrees with Daesh is either a Soldier or a Spy or breaking the rules.......really?

Indeed, most were actual serving Iraqi/Syrian/Kurdish soldiers & spies whom they managed to capture (PoW). The rest were people who broke one of their laws that warrants the death penalty; and this is fact.

2. I do believe that almost everyone decried Saudi Arabia for having those rules in the thread about Saudi Arabia, most people aren't pleased that they are in the UN.

None the less, they are seated at the UN, and are a major ally of America.

Edited: I misread. Forgive me. ;P

Edited by Ibrahim
ztt5Wgs.png