Taxes

dasnukav

Never mind taxing different people different amounts, how about setting tax bands? As an example, up to 20k per turn tax free, 20-40k per turn 20%, 40k+ 40%.

More fair really, much like real tax systems. Keep the noobs out of tax, and allow even older players a minimum tax free. Pay more as you play more.

• Upvote 2

Never mind taxing different people different amounts, how about setting tax bands? As an example, up to 20k per turn tax free, 20-40k per turn 20%, 40k+ 40%.

More fair really, much like real tax systems. Keep the noobs out of tax, and allow even older players a minimum tax free. Pay more as you play more.

Better than my idea! Good on you! But I think this would work greatly

LTcxGHN.jpg

Yea, alliances wont set the tax rate to high or alot of their members leave. They could set it so nations under the score of 100 have a 0-3% tax. This would help their nations thrive, while meanwhile, medium nations, score 100-500, have to pay like a 8 or 10% tax fee. Then Olders nations,-score 500 to infinite, have to pay like a 20% tax fee. This could supply thier alliance bank well, and keep new nations coming.

Yea, alliances wont set the tax rate to high or alot of their members leave. They could set it so nations under the score of 100 have a 0-3% tax. This would help their nations thrive, while meanwhile, medium nations, score 100-500, have to pay like a 8 or 10% tax fee. Then Olders nations,-score 500 to infinite, have to pay like a 20% tax fee. This could supply thier alliance bank well, and keep new nations coming.

Basically what I tried to say.

EDIT- Looks like that post I had didn't send!

Edited by C Temple

LTcxGHN.jpg

Ooooo the big alliance is out for your monies! Run!

I support this idea.

indonesia.jpg

King Bilal the Great Mediocre

The Average monarch of Billonesia

Wikia page (if you're into roleplay things).

We Tvtropes now. (down the rabbit hole!)

I like this idea. I will get Sheepy to work on this right away danuskav.

The thing is, I am a big nation, and I don't want anyone stealing from me.

So, could we also include tax deductions? I mean, I am more than willing to pay my fair share, but should I have to pay for smaller nations' lack of population control, poor education choices, and questionable work ethics? The Great Darwinium of Slugs did not get that capital G on handouts, and this should not encourage 'the poor' to sit back and buy beer and weed with their tax savings. Well, not unless they invite me over. Also, my kid needs braces, and I don't think that I should be held to oral hygene standards of poor nations.

Actually, in the current environment, this would simply result in everyone dropping the tax rates for smaller nations in a bid to get new members, so maybe a more practical scenario is to just have a tax exemption level. If you had 3 levels, you would see the middle class paying most of the taxes in a bid to hold onto bigger nations, who will inevitably be making these self-serving decisions. Then the middle class will get squeezed out. SOmeone call Lou Dobbs out of retirement - we found his cause here in P&W!

Are you originally from Earth, too?

Proud owner of Harry's goat. It's mine now.

I now own MinesomeMC's goat, too. It's starting to look like a herd.

Yep, it is a herd. Aldwulf has added his goat, too, and it ain't Irish.

This idea could work...however alliances would have to keep their taxes to a limit.

To start with, alliances would make the noobs tax level to like 2% so that more noobs join.

Either they would tax the higher people incredibly or not at all, either to fund more things or to keep them here. I am pretty high in my alliance.

The problem is that most of the money being taken from me does not end up back with me...it goes to noobs. Why should I be paying for their play and enjoyment?

The other scenario is that they make middle sized nations pay a shit-ton so that the high people are happy and the noobs are happy.

This could work many different ways...and hey if it doesn't work then I can just leave my alliance although I will be verrrry reluculant to. :P

Proud Canadian, Proud Ontarian

OZFC3Z0.jpg

Why not just let gov set the rate per nation. This would allow the bank to collect loans, or growth payments without having to chase the money.

A little thing called set inactives to 100% taxes until they come back and complain. Seems like an even easier way to farm inactives.

its-a-No-from-simon-cowell.jpg

The many forms of proof regarding Kastor's sexuality:

- Kastor: I already came out the closet.

- MaIone: I'm gay

* MaIone is now known as Kastor

- Henri: i'm a !@#$it

Skable: the !@#$ is a codo?

420kekscope.jpg

I like it  ^_^

No input here, I see everyone basically said what I would have,

We have seized the means of production. Though union, and self-governance, we have organized between all peoples of the land.

So who really cares if Inactives get farmed for the days before they get deleted? With vacation mode, there literally is no reason to be inactive more than 3 days in a row. Try engaging your members to stay active then

So who really cares if Inactives get farmed for the days before they get deleted? With vacation mode, there literally is no reason to be inactive more than 3 days in a row. Try engaging your members to stay active then

It's not a few days though, it's 38 (if you go with 7 days being considered inactive).