Tiered Taxes

Dusty Bottoms

Can we have different tax brackets for different groups of nations? I'd like to be able to separate the members of my alliance into at least two groups and tax them differently. This would mirror real life more closely, and would help relieve pressure for the more disadvantaged nations in an alliance.

I run a really small alliance, so this change wouldn't affect me yet, but I'd still like to be able to do it at some point.

I agree with this, Leaders should choose who to tax and who not to tax

• Upvote 1

Peace will never be accomplished without war, but war cannot happen without peace.... or something like that idk

This would be unfair to any members who have a larger tax rate in the alliance.

It's not like every alliance would be forced to do this, but I'm sure some would support the option to tax nations differently. Also, I think the current system is somewhat unfair to smaller nations and those who have been hit hard by war.

Edited by Dusty Bottoms

the reason for this is that alliances cant farm inavtives for all there worth id this is made it would cheat the system bassicaly

• Upvote 4

(^。^)y-.。o○ (-。-)y-゜゜゜ this is how i make my cloud

http://i1371.photobucket.com/albums/ag291/petgangster/efb30519-f381-4330-a62b-11db0d2a058b_zpscilyk2rj.png

the reason for this is that alliances cant farm inavtives for all there worth id this is made it would cheat the system bassicaly

I'm not really sure how it's considered cheating to punish unproductive members of society with higher taxes, even if it isn't likely that they will ever return to the game. If someone irl just disappears without warning and with no heirs, their belongings go to the "next of kin". We don't have that in the game, so the next step is for their possessions to go to the state (or alliance in this case).

• Upvote 1

An excellent Initiative, sir!

Why should this be unfair, Doom?

It's the allianceleaders decision to do so, and they are mostly the ones with the highest income.

"1. A progressive tax system with higher rates for the wealthy is favorable to a flat tax system"

Hell, yes! :D

• Upvote 1

• Administrators

I'm against this suggestion for the reason already stated - people will simply use it to abuse the system. 

• Upvote 3

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

I'm against this suggestion for the reason already stated - people will simply use it to abuse the system. 

I'm still not sure how taxing unproductive members of society more than productive members of society is cheating.

Granted, this is your game, and your rules. I just need a little clarification on this particular rule.

Edited by Dusty Bottoms
  • Like 1

I'm still not sure how taxing unproductive members of society more than productive members of society is cheating.

Granted, this is your game, and your rules. I just need a little clarification on this particular rule.

The rule it would be circumventing is the cheating rule of funneling money and resources from inactive nations who do not partake in the game. Your suggestion is asking for a method to siphon money off those inactives, where as it would be cheating if they joined and gave all their money/resources to the alliance, then went inactive.

So you are literally suggesting Sheepy code something that allows you to cheat by the current standard in place.

Edited by Micheal Malone

duskhornexceptional.png.d9e24adf7f0945530780eee694428f27.png

He's right, I'm such a stinker. Play my exceptional game!

The rule it would be circumventing is the cheating rule of funneling money and resources from inactive nations who do not partake in the game. Your suggestion is asking for a method to siphon money off those inactives, where as it would be cheating if they joined and gave all their money/resources to the alliance, then went inactive.

So you are literally suggesting Sheepy code something that allows you to cheat by the current standard in place.

I see the problem now, but doesn't this still happen anyway? I suppose they don't put the tax rate at 100%, but don't alliances still keep inactives for a while and milk them for their resources?

I agree with Sheepy's concern.  I don't want alliances having the ability to up taxes to 100% for inactives so they can collect their revenue.  I know that's not the intended purpose of the suggestion, but it is the reality of the situation.  If a function such as this were to be added, I would rather see it happen with a fixed variable.  In other words, say you can only adjust the tax rate by 5% higher or lower for some nations.  That's not much, but it makes a difference.  Overall, probably not worth implementing.

• Upvote 1

c3Ct0v4.png

If a function such as this were to be added, I would rather see it happen with a fixed variable.  In other words, say you can only adjust the tax rate by 5% higher or lower for some nations.  

I can get behind this. I would hope for something closer to 15-20% or so, since I think that will still quell most concerns.

A sovereign alliance ought to have the right to tax member nations at different rights. How can anyone have the authority to tell an alliance that they do not have that right?

This is one of the dumbest things I've read on these forums. You're people roleplaying nations and alliances within the confines of a limited system designed, coded, and maintained by an outside person. Alliance sovereignty has literally nothing to do with Sheepy's ability and right to code or not code what the !@#$ ever he wants.

• Upvote 2
wF9Bjre.gif

This is one of the dumbest things I've read on these forums. You're people roleplaying nations and alliances within the confines of a limited system designed, coded, and maintained by an outside person. Alliance sovereignty has literally nothing to do with Sheepy's ability and right to code or not code what the !@#$ ever he wants.

Exactly. If there was no taxation system, then either alliances would not automatically tax their members, or they would figure out off-site ways to do it. I'm in favor of the scaled taxation, but if we can't have it, I get it now that Sheepy pointed out that workaround.

• Upvote 1

greene.png

Formerly known as Grealind of Resvernas (28 October 2014-29 August 2017) and Greene of Japan (29 August 2017-28 Septmber 2017)

7th Caretaker of Duat, the Deity Thoth

I am saying it's a right alliances should have. You are the one that drew the conclusion that what I said had anything with "Sheepy's ability and right to code or not to code". You severely misunderstood my statement. 

A sovereign alliance ought to have the right to tax member nations at different rights. How can anyone have the authority to tell an alliance that they do not have that right?

Just putting this here for your reference.

I am saying it's a right alliances should have. You are the one that drew the conclusion that what I said had anything with "Sheepy's ability and right to code or not to code". You severely misunderstood my statement. 

No, you clearly asked how anyone has the authority to tell an alliance they don't have that right. Plain and simple, Sheepy has that authority because it's his damn game that you're playing. He has established rules that are considered cheating, and whether you agree with them or not, you have to abide by them.

Asking him to turn around and code something to help you cheat isn't going to work.

You are right though Morgan, you have the right to tax your members however you want. You want to tax the inactives? You still can by using brute force.

duskhornexceptional.png.d9e24adf7f0945530780eee694428f27.png

He's right, I'm such a stinker. Play my exceptional game!