My People Are Starving

Mark76

• Administrators

From the original calculations, every 1000 people eat a unit of food per turn. Originally, units were "Tons" of a resource, which would be 2,200 lbs, or 2.2lbs per person. I think you got that.

If we use Pop Tarts as the staple of your people, a regular 2 Pop Tart package is 3.67 oz. That's about 400 calories per package. At 2.2 lbs of food per person, that's about 19 single pastries (9.5 packages) per person, per day, or 200*19 = 3,800 Calories per day.

3,800 Calories should be enough to keep your people from starving; in fact, if they're not out working in the fields they're probably overweight.

• Upvote 5

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

Pop tarts are really sugary, calorie dense foods though. The average calorie goal for a day for a person is about 2450 (2200 for women, 2700 for men), and for foods that can be produced on a farm (like all PNW food is), the numbers are more like:

bC0OngG.png

That's not to say it necessarily needs changed (who really cares?) but as far as anything you'd normally produce on a farm the numbers don't match, even if you're exclusively eating the most calorie dense foods they would produce.

Edited by Pax

<+JohnHarms> We need more feminists

If you include staple crops like rice, beans, and wheat you get very high caloric density. It seems pretty reasonable that the average Orbis citizen eats a kilogram per day mixed between calorific staples and nutrient rich fruits and vegetables. 

Wheat: 3,292 kCal/kg

Rice: 3,649 kCal/kg

Beans: 3,458 kCal/kg

• Administrators

Pop tarts are really sugary, calorie dense foods though. The average calorie goal for a day for a person is about 2450 (2200 for women, 2700 for men), and for foods that can be produced on a farm (like all PNW food is), the numbers are more like:

bC0OngG.png

That's not to say it necessarily needs changed (who really cares?) but as far as anything you'd normally produce on a farm the numbers don't match, even if you're exclusively eating the most calorie dense foods they would produce.

I picked a ridiculous example on purpose, for fun. It really doesn't matter, and is all arbitrary, but I don't think it's unreasonable to think that someone could live on 2lbs of food per day.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

Again with the economy...

Okay, so apparently the Orbis Note is not doing so well right now (and apparently all others are the same value). I mean, $2 seems to be worth a lot more; you can train a soldier for that much. So basically the value of money in the world is a lot higher than in real life. You can buy a nuclear power plant, after all, for only 500 grand.

• Upvote 1

This is very small

• Administrators

A power plant that can only power a city of roughly 200,000 people. That's surely one unimpressive nuclear power plant :ph34r:

Fission produces less heat in the Orbis universe? :P

• Upvote 2

Forums Rules | Game Link

Though to be fair, each of these digital people only produce $2.175 tops, per day before taxes. With that kind of money what kind of food can you buy in this economy :(

A power plant that can only power a city of roughly 200,000 people. That's surely one unimpressive nuclear power plant :ph34r:

Holy shit, it all makes sense now. Those cheap bastards are printing their own money and denying me my rightful tax income. brb, slaughtering my population for jewing me out of income.

Edit: Turns out people don't like getting slaughtered and no traces of a massive electricity draining money printer.

Edit 2: Half the population dead, somehow getting less cash than before.

Edit 3: Okay guys, turns out that one unit of food costs less than $100 on the market. That means it only takes 10 cents per person to cover the costs of the food units. May have slightly overreacted by killing 75% of my pop, my bad guys.

Edit 4: Found out what was draining all the power. Don't want to talk about it. Holy shit my people need Jesus

Edit 5: &#33;@#&#036; it, killing the last fourth. Trust me, they deserve it.

Edited by Metro
  • Upvote 4

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

• Administrators

My people are fit and strong from working the pop tart fields.

I got a chuckle out of this.

• Upvote 1

Forums Rules | Game Link

Sheeeeeppyyyy??? :3 can you please fix the blogs? I need to look at something for a map I'm making of my capital city.

also to stay on topic so I don't get warned or anything....uhhh...

How did you figure out the formula Mr. OP? Can you walk me over the math you did?

Edited by Pyer Toh

Orbis is actually a post apocalyptic world. Everyone get their own stuff and food by scavenging, and when you're "buying" vehicles and infra, you're just scavenging technologies/building.

indonesia.jpg

King Bilal the Great Mediocre

The Average monarch of Billonesia

Wikia page (if you're into roleplay things).

We Tvtropes now. (down the rabbit hole!)