War timers appear to be Time Traveling (Edit: And everything else)

Aenir

My loot! I had two sweet wars on inactives going on, cant redeclare either. :(

This. I spent 20+ million, plus resoures, to be able to attack one nation. Stayed up till the 2 am reset, declared, got 2 ga's in. go to do another and both my wars have expired.

Not happy, but I seldom am, so I guess it's okay

Edited by Kills With Fire

This. I spent 20+ million, plus resoures, to be able to attack one nation. Stayed up till the 2 am reset, declared, got 2 ga's in. go to do another and both my wars have expired.

Not happy, but I seldom am, so I guess it's okay

That sucks. You at least have my sympathy. Not that it matters much, but misery loves company right?

the point is system for war isn't working either. I didn't get a point to use in the last turn. 

I should have 4 points in the war i declared this morning at 8:05 am, because I used 1 ground attack. I still only have 3 points.

• Administrators

When attempting to make an update to turns, I inadvertently broke them. Sorry about that.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

When attempting to make an update to turns, I inadvertently broke them. Sorry about that.

Why won't you just roll the game back to where it was at this time yesterday? You had a major, major glitch happen that has affected nearly everyone in the game in either a massively beneficial or a massively detrimental way. Some things rolled forward five days, but other things like beige timers did not. You could actually fix it so that the colossal mistake that was made somewhere along the line doesn't break the game in a way that makes people want to stop playing, or you can let this fester and not care about the well-being of either the "politics" or "war" aspect of this game.

• Upvote 5

I agree with Goldie. All these glitches and exploits make this game impossible to play seriously. If you're not going to regularly back up the game or hire an admin team to help combat these sort of mistakes then why should we invest our time and money playing it. If it weren't for the fact that I refuse to leave my alliance's side during a war, I'd be gone.

• Upvote 1

• Administrators

We can't just "roll the game back" to this time yesterday. I would if I could, but it's simply not an option.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

We can't just "roll the game back" to this time yesterday. I would if I could, but it's simply not an option.

Why not? Isn't it all saved in the database and everything?

• Upvote 1

Viridian Entente

Secretary of State

What date/time can[/] you roll it back to?

What steps are you taking to assure a skeptical player base that this will never happen again, and if it is to happen, that there will not be such lackluster response to it?

• Administrators

What date/time can[/] you roll it back to?

What steps are you taking to assure a skeptical player base that this will never happen again, and if it is to happen, that there will not be such lackluster response to it?

I've addressed your concerns via PM and due to the sensitivity of the information will be making a larger post about it in a couple of days.

• Upvote 1

Forums Rules | Game Link

I fully agree that those players at war got screwed over and all that but maybe someone should of called a cease fire when the bug was first discovered instead of players trying to take advantage of the situation and then blaming Sheepy for not fixing it quick enough

• Upvote 1

This isn't the first time the admin hasn't rolled back when it made sense to do. And I don't understand what the issue is.

Do you really not keep backups? If so, why not?

People have paid significant amounts of real life money and invested a lot of their time into this game. If you can't figure something out yourself, then hire someone to do these fairly inexpensive things. It's your responsibility to make sure it's handled well. Lackluster responses such as "I am doing my best" aren't really good enough when money is being spent.

Edited by Saru

200px-UPN.svg.png

Second in Command of UPN

• Administrators

This isn't the first time the admin hasn't rolled back when it made sense to do. And I don't understand what the issue is.

Do you really not keep backups? If so, why not?

People have paid significant amounts of real life money and invested a lot of their time into this game. If you can't figure something out yourself, then hire someone to do these fairly inexpensive things. It's your responsibility to make sure it's handled well. Lackluster responses such as "I am doing my best" aren't really good enough when money is being spent.

All money sent to the game are donations. It explicitly states on the Donate page that you're not paying money, you're donating money to support the game.

I understand your sentiment, but you obviously aren't privy to the same information I am. And I'm also tired of this "I paid money treat me special" attitude. I don't treat players that donate any different than players that don't, aside from the things like flags that are listed.

Forums Rules | Game Link

Hey Sheepy, first and foremost thanks for making this game available. To those individuals that can't comprehend "!@#$ happens" you need to spend time out in the real world. For those that "donated" money to this game I personally thank you, if not for you I would not be playing this game. Finally for the record I was one of those poor !@#$ that got hammered do to the glitch. You will not see me rolling on the floor kicking and screaming for retribution. In closing remember !@#$ happens, rub some dirt on your wounds and move on.

Double Duece

No poor bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making other bastards die for their country.

• Upvote 2