• Congratulations to Rose, condolences to Viridian Entente war
    • What the fOOC war
    • The War That Never Happened
    • War of Flowery Aggression
    • War of Misguided Aggression
    • The Rollback War
    • The Dodging Hack War of Aggressional Rollbacks
    • Timewarp War

Wiki named it the Second Great War. While the Great VE War is considered as the First Great War. 

The wiki doesn't know how to count. This is something like the sixth or so major war. (It also doesn't seem to know that late March comes after January and early March, but that's beside the point.)

Dec 26 18:48:22 <JacobH[Arrgh]>    God your worse the grealind >.>

The wiki doesn't know how to count. This is something like the sixth or so major war. (It also doesn't seem to know that late March comes after January and early March, but that's beside the point.)

Yeah, if the UPN/EoS/DEIC vs TAC (Rose) war doesn't count as a global war, the Marionette War certainly should. GPA war was pretty important too though not really global.

Edited by Memph

Yeah, if the UPN/EoS/DEIC vs TAC (Rose) war doesn't count as a global war, the Marionette War certainly should. GPA war was pretty important too though not really global.

Massacres aren't great wars. And while I'd call the other two major wars, they aren't really "great wars" as it was still limited to the larger alliances and small ones stayed out of it. IMO, Great wars involve a large number of alliances from different sizes beyond the top 10.

Also, What the fOOC war.

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

It's tradition that each side gets to name the war what they want, which is why wars often have more than one name.

True, but this is for the wikipedia. We need an official name from the community, just like the St Patrick Day Massacre.

War of Misguided Aggression (Credit to Prefontaine)

rsz_1g7q_ak91409798280.jpg

If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a roll.

There is one you will follow. One who is the shining star, and he will lead you to beautiful places in the search of his own vanity. And when there is no more vanity to be found, he will leave you in darkness, as a fading memory of his own creation.

It's not even a proxy war..

Yes its not even a proxy war.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

proxy war
noun
noun: proxy war; plural noun: proxy wars
  1. a war instigated by a major power which does not itself become involved.
    "the end of the Cold War brought an end to many of the proxy wars through which the two sides struggled to exert their influence"

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Mensa started the war themselves by attacking Vanguard, they did not fight by a proxy. Saying this is 'Proxy war' is wrong in my opinion.

• Wiki Mod

The Proxy War & The Hacked War only options.

BTW what someone on the wiki named it doesn't matter It will be changed to whatever wins out. 

23:38 Skable that's why we don't want Rose involved, so we can take the m all for ourselves

23:39 [] but Mensa is the cute girl at the school dance and she's only dancing with us right now to get our friend jealous

23:39 [] If Rose comes in and gives Mensa what she wants, she'll just toss us aside and forget we ever existed

23:39 zombie_lanae yeah I do hope we can keep having them all to ourselves

23:40 zombie_lanae I know it's selfish but I want all their love

6:55 PM <+Isolatar> Praise Dio

Pubstomper|BNC [20:01:55] Rose wouldn't plan a hit on Mensa because it would be &#33;@#&#036;ing stupid

The Proxy War & The Hacked War only options.

BTW what someone on the wiki named it doesn't matter It will be changed to whatever wins out.

Listen man, I don't care what it's called so long as it isn't the "Mensa Cold War" as that name was complete and utter shit.

Also yea, I support glitch war or Hack Attack or w/e

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

Yes its not even a proxy war.

proxy war
noun
noun: proxy war; plural noun: proxy wars
  1. a war instigated by a major power which does not itself become involved.
    "the end of the Cold War brought an end to many of the proxy wars through which the two sides struggled to exert their influence"

Mensa started the war themselves by attacking Vanguard, they did not fight by a proxy. Saying this is 'Proxy war' is wrong in my opinion.

I know it's not a true proxy war. Anyone who's graduated High School knows that. It's close enough though -- MENSA attacked Rose's allies, hoping to indirectly trigger a cascade of wars without attacking Rose directly.

Mostly I wanted a one-word name that isn't some silly shit like "War of Indirect Aggression". Proxy War is short & people get the point. I don't know why you feel the need to jerk over semantics when everyone knows what it means in context.

☾☆

High Priest of Dio

I know it's not a true proxy war. Anyone who's graduated High School knows that. It's close enough though -- MENSA attacked Rose's allies, hoping to indirectly trigger a cascade of wars without attacking Rose directly.

Mostly I wanted a one-word name that isn't some silly !@#$ like "War of Indirect Aggression". Proxy War is short & people get the point. I don't know why you feel the need to jerk over semantics when everyone knows what it means in context.

Ok so you agree that its not exactly a proxy war, but you choose that name because you want to describe it in one word? And if it is not proxy war, then by naming it as a proxy war, what point do people get? Reason for choosing a name can't be 'Its short' right? What about 'how accurate it describes the events?'

I'm just pointing out my opinion btw.

Edited by Aerys Targaryen