We're back! The return of the D'Haran Empire

Pax

As time goes on, it's becoming more and more clear that Orbis is heading towards a tangled treaty web, arguments, and lots of people taking things far, far too seriously. I fully believe that this is the wrong direction and will eventually lead to a stale situation similar to current days in Cybernations. As a result, I'm going to attempt to remake The D'Haran Empire with two clear goals: Have fun with the game, and don't be !@#$. The following tenets apply to all members, and are the core of the alliance.

1) Have fun with the game. Joke around, play forum games, maybe have some synced streaming movie nights. 

2) Don't be dick. That means don't raid random people for no reason, don't flame people and get into pointless arguments, don't try to start wars just because you don't like someone.

3) If someone is being a dick, step in and help stop it.

4) Don't compromise your morals because you're afraid of losing.

5) Post dank memes (and also having 5 tenets sounds better)

Any of the people who think less of us because those rules don't sound very official are not the type of people we want. It's not made to be the most serious alliance in the game, it's just meant to do what we think is right and to enjoy it.

You can find out forums at www.dhempire.com, and our public IRC is #DHE_Public.

Now, on to the charter :D

zmOYFIp.png

Section A: Governing Body

I: The D'Haran Empire shall always have a ruling Lord Rahl, the head of government for the empire and primary decision maker. Their term does not expire except by resignation or impeachment.

I (A ): Should a Lord Rahl resign, they may choose their successor. The successor may only be denied by a unanimous council decision or a 2/3 total vote of the entire membership.*

I (B ): A Lord Rahl may be impeached by the following process: The council must have a 2/3 vote towards the suggestion of impeachment, and cite specific reason as to why. After this point 2/3 of the general membership must agree to impeach the Lord Rahl, upon which point the Lord Rahl is officially considered impeached. The Council is temporarily in charge of the government, but a new Lord Rahl must be voted on within two weeks or their authority is considered null.

I (C ): Should a Lord Rahl be impeached, a minimum of two and a maximum of five candidates for a replacement shall be put on the ballot for a public vote. Each candidate may be suggested by either two council members or five general members. The period of suggestion must run for exactly one week, unless five candidates are suggested (at which point the period of suggestion ends).  Then voting may run for the next week, at the end of which period votes are tallied. In the event of a tie, a 2/3 vote of the council decides which of the candidates wins.

II: The D'Haran Empire shall always have three council members: Secretaries of Defense, Economics and State.

II (A ): These council members are all appointed by the Lord Rahl. If their performance is insufficient, the Lord Rahl is obliged to remove them and replace them with a more effective member.

Section B: Military

I: The Secretary of Defense is the official leader of all of D'Hara's military, and co-heads it with the Lord Rahl. They may choose to have subordinates and assign them positions they deem appropriate.

II: In general, the D’Haran Empire will only enter conflicts that directly concern itself or it’s allies. On occasions, however, should an alliance be deemed entirely out of line / be acting like !@#$, then we will gladly roll their faces in.

III: When war is to be declared, both the Head General and the Lord Rahl must agree to do so.

IV: When a member of our alliance - including one who is current in the application process - is attacked, we shall give one warning to halt all further conflict. If that member is damaged in any way after that warning, the aggressor shall be attacked with every bit of force we can possibly exert against them. Their alliance shall not be held responsible for that individual's actions unless they attempt to assist that member in any way, or there are multiple instances of aggression from them without clear attempts to prevent such.

Section C: Economics

I: The Secretary of Economics is the head of the D'Haran econ branch, and co-heads it with the Lord Rahl. They may choose to have subordinates and assign them positions they deem appropriate.

II: The Department of Economics'  primary goal is to facilitate trade among our members so that any needing a resource may be able to acquire it at a fair price. In cases where new members choose to join us before creating their nation, it is expected that they help them decide to start on a continent that has our scarcest resources to better balance our economy. At all times, they are to help members decide what resources to produce for the best profit and trade for their nation

III: Econ is also to establish programs to assist the growth of new nations, and teach them proper methods for nation building.

Section D: State

I: State is headed by the Secretary of State, and handles matters both internal and external in combination with the Lord Rahl. They may choose to have subordinates and assign them positions they deem appropriate.

II: The Department of State is responsible for ensuring proper and transparent votes are held in all situations that require one. For the purpose of transparency, all votes must be associated with a nation and ruler name to ensure nobody's votes are lost and no votes are rigged into the system.

III: The Department of State is also tasked with being the head of foreign relations, though obviously the other council members and the Lord Rahl will be involved in that as well. They are to assist in diplomatic discussions, treaty writing and otherwise. However, the final say in treaties signed does fall on the Lord Rahl.

Section E: Member Rights

I: All members have a right to petition for things they believe important. Whether it be a policy, a candidate suggestion for an office, or removal of a corrupt government member, general members may suggest changes whenever they feel it's necessary and the gov will listen to them and consult them on why that is or is not feasible.

II: All members have a right to free speech on our forums and in our chat. While they will not be removed for any chat critical of their government, there are limitations to this free speech.

II (A ): Outside of our forums and chat, you may be punished for certain behaviors that could be considered provoking, hateful or harmful to the whole of the Empire.

II (B ): Inside of our forums and chat, you are at the very least expected to remain somewhat courteous. Not going all caps, not swearing incessantly, and in general not being a douchecanoe are expected of you. You can be critical of us all you want, but you don't have to do it in all-caps sailor-speak.

III: All members are allowed to leave should they see fit. However, they are expected to at least inform the government ahead of time, should they ever want to rejoin in the future. Simply disappearing from the alliance would be very frowned upon should you return.

-Pax, Lord Rahl of the D'Haran Empire

* We do not expect our entire membership base to vote on something - any numbers provided such as 2/3 are based off of the total number of votes, rather than total number of members.

Also, we have protectorates from both Rose and Seven Kingdoms.

Edited by Pax
  • Upvote 4

<+JohnHarms> We need more feminists

Well I can certainly agree with the idea of backing away from all this web knot business. How you put your alliance though sounds very... "neutral" though. 

I guess its time for Titan to return too.

Bank Robbers United would go better.

I wonder if they will merge into Rose

I'm rubbing off on people clearly nsvIe7n.png

• Upvote 2

Well I can certainly agree with the idea of backing away from all this web knot business. How you put your alliance though sounds very... "neutral" though. 

Not really. I don't want us to be dicks to anyone, and we'll chill and talk with any alliance. But if someone's being an asshat, I'll be happy to roll their faces in. I enjoy getting into wars, I just don't enjoy making an ass of myself and pretending it's RP like many people seem to.

Edited by Pax
  • Upvote 1

Good luck!

º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸

¨°º¤ø„¸ GOD EMPEROR BIO DRANDO¨°º¤ø„¸

¨°º¤ø„¸ BIO DRANDO GOD EMPEROR¨°º¤ø„¸

¨°º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸

Pax Stated:

"As time goes on, it's becoming more and more clear that Orbis is heading towards a tangled treaty web,"

Ya'think?

To be fair, you were the guys who signed that 'treaty' with every alliance to ever exist :P

• Upvote 2

Unfortunately for you, BK has grown up to be much like their protectors and have cornered the dank meme market.

Former Imperial Officer of Internal Affairs and Emperor of the New Pacific Order, Founder of the Syndicate, Current Chief Global Strategist of the Syndicate.

To be fair, you were the guys who signed that 'treaty' with every alliance to ever exist :P

It was cold, we wanted to snuggle.

Besides, it serves as a simple reminder that there is no thing in Orbis not touched by Terminus Est.

quote-all-our-lives-are-symbols-everythi

• Upvote 2

php9BQiIRAM.jpg

Best of luck to you.  I fully expect you to save Orbis when TIO comes over with their untold multitudes of teeming communist masses led by the dream walker.  

Also, I'll keep an eye out for the Sword of Truth for you.  

• Upvote 2

Duke of House Greyjoy