how to fix the nation gap issue

Guest hawkeye

Guest hawkeye

We do this on what is basically a ranking tax.

the nation in 99th place in the rankings gets taxed 1% of his income, the nation ranked after him gets taxed at 2%, the nation after him at 3% and so forth. ending with the 1st nation in the game getting 99% of it's income taxed.

this can help reduce and stop the gap between rich and poor nations, making the game more fun and fair for new players.

We do this on what is basically a ranking tax.

the nation in 99th place in the rankings gets taxed 1% of his income, the nation ranked after him gets taxed at 2%, the nation after him at 3% and so forth. ending with the 1st nation in the game getting 99% of it's income taxed.

this can help reduce and stop the gap between rich and poor nations, making the game more fun and fair for new players.

no.

• Upvote 1

Peace will never be accomplished without war, but war cannot happen without peace.... or something like that idk

Guest hawkeye

no.

then you're letting the game stagenate and you're helping ruin it.

Err...no. If you start any game, the people that have been playing longer are better, that's how it is. Lol.

this is unfair and needs fixing

Edited by hawkeye

That idea might need to be tweaked a bit...

#2948 (at the time I was on) is Saudi Afghanistan. By your idea, he would be taxed 1%.

#1 is the Greater German Reich. So how much would he be taxed? Having him taxed 2947% seems a little unfair, doesn't it?

Instead, perhaps some categories i.e. 2000-1500 score loses 10% revenue, 100-0 score gets 10% revenue, or a special "noobs" government mode only available before score 250 would be better.

And also how would this be fair to the older players, who have spent time and money in some cases getting there? If you're a noob at a game, you will have to work at it and become better.

Edited by firecomet234
  • Upvote 1

Proud Canadian, Proud Ontarian

OZFC3Z0.jpg

Guest hawkeye

That idea might need to be tweaked a bit...

#2948 (at the time I was on) is Saudi Afghanistan. By your idea, he would be taxed 1%.

#1 is the Greater German Reich. So how much would he be taxed? Having him taxed 2947% seems a little unfair, doesn't it?

Instead, perhaps some categories i.e. 2000-1500 score loses 10% revenue, 100-0 score gets 10% revenue, or a special "noobs" government mode only available before score 250 would be better.

And also how would this be fair to the older players, who have spent time and money in some cases getting there? If you're a noob at a game, you will have to work at it and become better.

which is why I said it starts at rank 99%.

Guest hawkeye

This is stupid on so many levels that I'm not even gonna waste my time explaining why.

so do you support the game being ruined by having nation grow far ahead of everybody else?

So I conclude that...

1. He is either a multi of Henry.

2. He is a noob who is jealous of the big relevant nations and wants to make his way up there easier.

• Upvote 1

Proud Canadian, Proud Ontarian

OZFC3Z0.jpg

Guest hawkeye

So I conclude that...

1. He is either a multi of Henry.

2. He is a noob who is jealous of the big relevant nations and wants to make his way up there easier.

by the time i would grow up there. they would even bigger

it's a major problem and it stops all players having equal chance and harms the game

by the time i would grow up there. they would even bigger

it's a major problem and it stops all players having equal chance and harms the game

I guess you shouldn't waste any more of your time then. Laters! 

• Upvote 1

heres an idea, join an alliance and request aid to help grow your nation faster. The older players being a head of newer players doesnt harm the game, we just have been here longer and were growing our nations longer which is why we are big. And believe it or not but smaller nations can in fact catch up to larger nations.

Amidst the eternal waves of time From a ripple of change shall the storm rise Out of the abyss peer the eyes of a demon Behold the razgriz, its wings of black sheath The demon soars through dark skies Fear and death trail its shadow beneath Until men united weild a hallowed sabre In final reckoning, the beast is slain As the demon sleeps, man turns on man His own blood and madness soon cover the earth From the depths of despair awaken the razgriz Its raven wings ablaze in majestic light

I have to disagree with this idea. The mechanics of the game already compensate for this. An old and enormous nation cannot attack a brand new nation. This is fair. The older players have put time and effort into building their nation. Taking away their income through a tremendous tax would be unfair. There are lots of ways for newer players to influence the game on their own tier. Make friends, wage war, help each other grow. Eventually you will become big. If a nation could become big with little effort, then the game would not be fun. Furthermore, there will come a time when players in the top tier will have reached all of their goals. They will move on to bigger and better things. (Such as, perhaps, real problems in the real world). Then other younger players will come and take their place.

Honestly? I would say get rid of the 10-day cooldown period for cities. That will benefit small nations more than it would large ones, because small nation cities can be easily purchased by their alliance while large nation cities are more costly. Other than that another idea might be to get rid of the 10-day cooldown period, but only for nations below a certain size. Say the first 6 cities or something. The cooldown period was a good idea and made sense early on, but it might be worth considering taking a second look at it now.

Edited by Kadin

Guest hawkeye

Honestly? I would say get rid of the 10-day cooldown period for cities. That will benefit small nations more than it would large ones, because small nation cities can be easily purchased by their alliance while large nation cities are more costly. Other than that another idea might be to get rid of the 10-day cooldown period, but only for nations below a certain size. Say the first 6 cities or something. The cooldown period was a good idea and made sense early on, but it might be worth considering taking a second look at it now.

this is a good idea.

dislike this suggestion if you might, i do think the gap is unfair

Please explain why it is unfair

I'm not him, and I don't necessarily think the gap is "unfair," but I do think that it should be addressed. In my opinion the goal shouldn't be to eliminate the gap, but rather to reduce it. Older nations will always be larger than younger ones, at least if you assume they are both relatively active and both continue to try to grow. To that end the goal should not be to punish the older ones, but instead it should be to allow the younger ones to grow more quickly. That's why I think revisiting and modifying the 10-day period between cities for smaller nations is an idea that should be discussed.

Hawkeye, this is how the game works: first come, first served. Anyway, just join an alliance like US or VE or UPN or another one of those big ones that'll give you a ton of money to grow your nation. And once you're the top player, you can decide whether or not you want to send 99% of your income to nowhere.

This is very small

Guest hawkeye

Hawkeye, this is how the game works: first come, first served. Anyway, just join an alliance like US or VE or UPN or another one of those big ones that'll give you a ton of money to grow your nation. And once you're the top player, you can decide whether or not you want to send 99% of your income to nowhere.

why should i be slave to large alliances just so game can be fair?

where is freedom here?