Over-powerful war system leads to poor player retention.

Ritara

I'm currently being pummeled into the ground for absolutely no reason, and I've already lost about a month of work on my nation and I expect my nation will be reduced to zero before they give up. What's the point? It seems impossible to actually get anywhere in this game when I am consistently being hit. I imagine others feel the same way and just give up. Perhaps if the war system were limited in some way, it might lead to better player retention. Here are some ideas for fixing it. Not all of them need to be implemented.

- War does less damage, simple enough.

- Wars last for a shorter time. Perhaps a shorter time limit on how long one nation can attack a defenceless one.

- Longer beige periods for rebuilding.

- A longer time period between wars before a nation can re-attack.

Any other suggestions? I'm just getting tired of having to rebuild and never actually being able to shape my nation into the utopia I want it to be.

• Upvote 1

He shouldn't have to join an alliance. He should be able to play the game just by himself.

• Upvote 1

"That ain't Cologne, that's the smell of success."

17:00 <•Sheepy> I don't want you to leave the game

19:20 <•Pubstomber>:

Man, I really wish Rose had allied BoC a couple months ago when we had the chance instead of picking Vanguard.

I'm just going to point out that this nation (whom I've been watching for a while now) seems to be pure military and also seems to be maxing out his donations as well as emptying his alliance bank frequently to fund his own war machine. With that military, donations and robbing his AA, he's pretty much invincible for his range.

If underworld is a problem for you guys, why not declare war?

• Upvote 1

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

<Jroc> I heard \ is an anagram of cocaine
<\> I can't be rearranged into a line, I already am a line.

--Foxburo Wiki--

I postulate the following: The more one speaks about avoiding war, the more one unwittingly attracts it.

TL;DR

This thread, and putting "am a [PEACE MODE] nation. Please don't attack" in your nation bio is literally an invitation/challenge to raiders everywhere.

• Upvote 1

Sieg Kaiser Reinhard!

Signature_zpsa64bf97d.jpg

I agree that wars are very damaging, but this is Politics and War, not grow your nation forever and ever.  I think the point is that everyone one up top, will come down and round and round we go.  The nice part is it's relatively easy to rebuild once you have the cities. 

• Upvote 2

Of course you could kill me because my entire military has been destroyed. Every time I try to rebuild it, it gets destroyed instantly, so what's the point? My alliance are good guys, and they are my friends, I'm not going to leave them for an alliance full of people I don't know.

• Upvote 1

The war module has a few issues but this isn't one of them. This is just how the game works and if you're unhappy about your alliance not being able to protect you than go ahead and leave, we don't need you whining because you keep neglecting to build a freaking military.

º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸

¨°º¤ø„¸ GOD EMPEROR DIO BRANDO¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¸ DIO BRANDO GOD EMPEROR¨°º¤ø„¸

¨°º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸

DF, he had a military.  He's up against a guy who's literally pulling out all stops to maintain a field of invincibility for his score range.

Don't stress out about it.  The war will be over soon and the alliance will help you rebuild while you're in beige mode.

However, we can't ignore the point of this post.  Younger players get ransacked early on while still learning the game, active or not - that's not good for retention.  It's no surprise that there are lots of lower score inactive players in the game.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

I postulate the following: The more one speaks about avoiding war, the more one unwittingly attracts it.

TL;DR

This thread, and putting "am a [PEACE MODE] nation. Please don't attack" in your nation bio is literally an invitation/challenge to raiders everywhere.

i wish you were in my war range

even i could kill you 

I agree that wars are very damaging, but this is Politics and War, not grow your nation forever and ever.  I think the point is that everyone one up top, will come down and round and round we go.  The nice part is it's relatively easy to rebuild once you have the cities. 

The war module has a few issues but this isn't one of them. This is just how the game works and if you're unhappy about your alliance not being able to protect you than go ahead and leave, we don't need you whining because you keep neglecting to build a freaking military.

I wonder if any of you actually looked at the nations he's fighting?...

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

<Jroc> I heard \ is an anagram of cocaine
<\> I can't be rearranged into a line, I already am a line.

--Foxburo Wiki--

I wonder if any of you actually looked at the nations he's fighting?...

I did. The real question is why should I care?

Edited by Mr Flubb

Sieg Kaiser Reinhard!

Signature_zpsa64bf97d.jpg

I blame alliances such as the 99% for this. They aren't doing anything for the community but destroying it.

That's the point

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

The problem with the "people should be able to play the way they want" is that it's two fold. The people attacking him should be able to play the way that THEY want too.

And yes, I did look at the nations attacking him. I also dislike the "used his daddy's credit card" line. Of the three of them that are attacking him, only ONE has used any donation credits. And the 5 that he used, he TRADED for on the market.

I get that he doesn't like that he's sitting on a 3-legged stool upside down, and I get that war still need tweaks. But what he's suggesting is just plain silly.

duskhornexceptional.png.d9e24adf7f0945530780eee694428f27.png

He's right, I'm such a stinker. Play my exceptional game!

Also it's of note, that if a top 10 alliance can't protect it's members, and are simply there because they've got numbers, the alliance will bleed members. Protect your house, else nobody will want to fight for you.

duskhornexceptional.png.d9e24adf7f0945530780eee694428f27.png

He's right, I'm such a stinker. Play my exceptional game!

My point would be you're in a top 10 alliance, surely they can assist you in some manner which is probably the most confusing thing for me since I wouldn't expect this sort of plea for a change over something so trivial by a member of a large alliance such as yourself. 

IpHGyGc.png

I'm not going to reveal much to what Mensa HQ has done, but I will say that the alliance has offered ( And given ) plenty of assistance.  He just wasn't active enough early on to take advantage of the beige mode he started in due to whatever real life issues he had going.

You can only do so much to assist a player.  It's up to them to use any assistance to their full advantage.

With that said, we know what's going on.  It's quite obvious.  The alliance will take care of him.  It's understandable that people are confused over why a Top 10 alliance "isn't assisting him" because you guys don't know our inner workings.

The issue the OP was bringing up was the war mechanic for lower score players.  There's no mention of a lack of assistance from the alliance he's in from him.

Edited by Buorhann
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Yeah, We're going to help him rebuild after the wars are over as we have done before.

º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸

¨°º¤ø„¸ GOD EMPEROR DIO BRANDO¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¸ DIO BRANDO GOD EMPEROR¨°º¤ø„¸

¨°º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸