Democracy democracy....

Lucius Optimus

Let's just detonate all of our nukes in the atmosphere and wipes out the entire humanity.

No humans=No problem

indonesia.jpg

King Bilal the Great Mediocre

The Average monarch of Billonesia

Wikia page (if you're into roleplay things).

We Tvtropes now. (down the rabbit hole!)

Maybe it is a proof that Language is important as part of a national, cultural identity. Or having a Monarch to enforce the preserve of culture.

I studied some Latin

and also Greek? 

Let's just detonate all of our nukes in the atmosphere and wipes out the entire humanity.

No humans=No problem

Dismantle Nukes is part of the step to prevent the one in authority become too powerful himself.

Edited by Arthur James

Power is the issue, its attracts bad peoples, it attracts money. You can split the power and reduce this effect, but it will always exist. But representative democracy its the best we have right now, if we want a "free" society. Its not the end, maybe with technology, the internet, it will get better, we will find other ways.

We kinda have to if we want to avoid the nuclear holocaust really  :ph34r:

Maybe, but i think it is mentioned in the constitution.

But at the same time the declaration was a precedent and the founding fathers even stated that the citizens can change the government if the government has failed to do its duties.

"When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation."

-Declaration of Independence 

Looks like somebody failed Spanish in grade school.

I got a 98 overall in my Spanish class, yet I think that immigrants should speak English.  See below. 

I studied some Latin

Gold and purple! :)

NODOLsmall.png.a7aa9c0a05fa266425cd7e83d8ccb3dd.png

The good thing with democracy is that everyone has a VOICE!

The bad thing with democracy is that EVERYONE has a voice!

Full autocratic monarchy is the best. The king decides everything with the help of some advisors, making decision-making much faster instead of spending years in discussion and corruption. If you want to push for a diplomatic solution, just marry your princesses to the other nation's princes. If you want to push for economic development, you can tell your nobles to foot the bills or be kicked out of office. If you want to say build a bridge, you can tell your nobles to give you donations, failing which they still get kicked out of office. If you are suffering famine, you can just as easily take out food from the granaries and distribute to people without having to discuss it for months (after which, your suffering peasants are already dead). If you hate that other person, just declare war. If someone were to insult you, you can just say 'Off with your head!"

And if it just so happens that the king is cruel or corrupt, well, you know who to behead. In a democracy, every representative are corrupt, so beheading everyone would totally mess the carpet. Plus. if full monarchy is still the governmenet of my country, I would've gained my rightful title of princess.

Constitutional monarchy never suffer from open rebellion.

Edited by Alice Lune

Democracy is a hidden dictatorship. Better to come out open with public support for dictatorships, as they're more effective. Instead of waiting for approval of some legislative center, you could work done faster if one person was able to approve/decide.

Full autocratic monarchy is the best. 

I didn't read anymore. 

"We'll tax you Americans." 

"Okay, but we are British subjects. Give us representation." 

"No, you are Americans. About that land we just won..." 

*bang* *bang*

Democracy is a hidden dictatorship. Better to come out open with public support for dictatorships, as they're more effective. Instead of waiting for approval of some legislative center, you could work done faster if one person was able to approve/decide.

Hey, I like your signature.

You're wrong though, democracy isn't a "hidden dictatorship". There are many democracies in the world with many, many different characteristics. Your statement is nothing but a gross-over-generalization and simplification.

You would get work done more quickly in a dictatorship, but it would also be far more susceptible to corruption, and unaccountable. In the vast majority of cases, dictators are not trustworthy and one person should not have that much power over every other person's life, within his country. The last time Europe fell under the yolk of dictatorship, we had a war that resulted in the death of more than 70 million people, and I simply cannot understand why you would ever want to revert to something like that. History should have taught you that lesson. Maybe if you saw it for yourself, you'd understand.

• Upvote 1

orwell_s_1984_oceania_s_currency_by_dungsc127_d97k1zt-fullview.jpg.9994c8f495b96849443aa0defa8730be.jpg

True democracy is bad. People are stupid. They will vote for whatever feels good, instead of what actually needs to be done.

Representative Democracy is best, but only when the representatives are forced to be honest. In the US, most politicians sell out the voters to whichever special interest or corporation gives them the most money. Ban all private money in politics, and use public funding, couples with a 40% tax on billionares to pay for it, and ban politicians from accepting private gifts of any kind from corporations and special interests and you get a pretty good system.

Ban all private money in politics, and use public funding, couples with a 40% tax on billionares to pay for it

I'm not sure where I stand on banning private money, but a 40% tax on billionaires would certainly pay for far more than just publicly-funded elections.

hxvRjGK.jpg

Representative Democracy is best, but only when the representatives are forced to be honest. In the US, most politicians sell out the voters to whichever special interest or corporation gives them the most money. Ban all private money in politics, and use public funding, couples with a 40% tax on billionares to pay for it, and ban politicians from accepting private gifts of any kind from corporations and special interests and you get a pretty good system.

Finally a person who, instead of saying "Democracy is bad because ...", suggests ways to make it work better.

Campaign finance, fiscal transparency, executive-judicial separation, presidential pardons, secrecy in the "national interest", simple count voting, ...

Some of the changes are so obvious and so simple, it astonishes me that anyone other than politicians wouldn't want to make them.

6hu5nt.jpg

I'm not sure where I stand on banning private money, but a 40% tax on billionaires would certainly pay for far more than just publicly-funded elections.

Yes, it would... Until they move away. 

Yes, it would... Until they move away. 

They would leave once they've sucked you dry of your wealth and resources anyway. If you're going to have leeches on your body, they should at least serve a purpose. One can always nationalise their assets, so that those assets are actually used for the benefit of the people and nation as a whole, as opposed to making the few, who are already wealthy, wealthier.

Frankly, any billionaire that chooses to leave his or her homeland because he/she doesn't want to contribute his or her fair share, is a quisling.

orwell_s_1984_oceania_s_currency_by_dungsc127_d97k1zt-fullview.jpg.9994c8f495b96849443aa0defa8730be.jpg