New spy ops: Sabotage land, tax rate, color, and gov types

Atzuya

Spies are currently nice and all, but they can do next to nothing when the nation you want to sabotage doesn't have any standing military (or you just finished steamrolling every single one of them). Spamming gather intelligence over and over is just ineffective and only mildly annoying for the target, and so I propose these new spy ops:

• Sabotage Land: Medium-low chance of success, destroy 2-5 land units per spy on a random city.
  • Sabotage Tax Rate: Low chance of success, for the next 6 turns target nation will have a 100%/100% tax rate to their alliance. No money or resources is actually lost in the process, but for half of the day target nation wouldn't be able to generate anything. Useful in blockade.
  • Sabotage Color: Very low chance of success (I'm talking about targetting-nukes low kind of low). Changes target nation's color to another random color that's not Beige or Gray. This shouldn't count as actual color change, so the target should be able to change color immediately if they hadn't done that in the last two days.
  • Sabotage Government: Same as above, but for gov types.

Of course, the numbers are debatable, but I think this concept would be a nice change of pace in the world of spy-@#$%ing

• Upvote 2
UedhRvY.png

• Wiki Mod

government & color kinda of pointless honestly.

23:38 Skable that's why we don't want Rose involved, so we can take the m all for ourselves

23:39 [] but Mensa is the cute girl at the school dance and she's only dancing with us right now to get our friend jealous

23:39 [] If Rose comes in and gives Mensa what she wants, she'll just toss us aside and forget we ever existed

23:39 zombie_lanae yeah I do hope we can keep having them all to ourselves

23:40 zombie_lanae I know it's selfish but I want all their love

6:55 PM <+Isolatar> Praise Dio

Pubstomper|BNC [20:01:55] Rose wouldn't plan a hit on Mensa because it would be &#33;@#&#036;ing stupid

Timed right, it can really put a blunder in someone's night pants. A lot of people rely so much on timing their gov type changes to their nation building plans, imagine getting your gov types changed to Noocracy just when you have enough cash to buy that new city

UedhRvY.png

Spies are currently nice and all, but they can do next to nothing when the nation you want to sabotage doesn't have any standing military (or you just finished steamrolling every single one of them). Spamming gather intelligence over and over is just ineffective and only mildly annoying for the target, and so I propose these new spy ops:

• Sabotage Land: Medium-low chance of success, destroy 2-5 land units per spy on a random city.
  • Sabotage Tax Rate: Low chance of success, for the next 6 turns target nation will have a 100%/100% tax rate to their alliance. No money or resources is actually lost in the process, but for half of the day target nation wouldn't be able to generate anything. Useful in blockade.
  • Sabotage Color: Very low chance of success (I'm talking about targetting-nukes low kind of low). Changes target nation's color to another random color that's not Beige or Gray. This shouldn't count as actual color change, so the target should be able to change color immediately if they hadn't done that in the last two days.
  • Sabotage Government: Same as above, but for gov types.

Of course, the numbers are debatable, but I think this concept would be a nice change of pace in the world of spy-@#$%ing

Land doesn't make sense, but other than that lookin good.

YkvbNCA.jpg

You're no longer protecting the II? We have still teamed with II and TAC (and others) to rival The Covenants. This is getting complex.

#FA_Problems

Big problems for TSG. Really, not kidding.

If Casey and Cyradis are King and Queen does that mean they're married?

I do like the sabotage government one. I have also seen many people plan their game according to government.

I picked one that was my choice personally but it is not such a big deal; but many others plan this out much more.

I don't really like the tax rate or land ideas though.

No to sabatoge land and colr...the others would be pretty nifty, though tax rate should be 1 in a million chance

Edited by Eviljak

Esteemed janitor for Church of Cynic ~ may i clean the hearts of men with my blessed toilet brush.

I'm for all of this except color, and land is kinda stupid.

• Upvote 1

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

<Jroc> I heard \ is an anagram of cocaine
<\> I can't be rearranged into a line, I already am a line.

--Foxburo Wiki--

Land doesn't make sense, but other than that lookin good.

Land isn't stupid. Having land sabotaged by chemical means or something like that for in-game reasoning.

Sabotaging land mechanics-wise is awesome, forcing a nation to have higher pop density, potentially damaging their economy and affecting potential missile damage. I like it all around Atzuya.

duskhornexceptional.png.d9e24adf7f0945530780eee694428f27.png

He's right, I'm such a stinker. Play my exceptional game!

Land isn't stupid. Having land sabotaged by chemical means or something like that for in-game reasoning.

Sabotaging land mechanics-wise is awesome, forcing a nation to have higher pop density, potentially damaging their economy and affecting potential missile damage. I like it all around Atzuya.

I would see this being implemented into CIA national project or something. Also it looks like we are Breaking Bad over here, I'm referring more specifically to how Walter acquired the car wash. lol

:wub: -removed by thor- :wub:

For government type, how about it just sends it into anarchy? It's highly unlikely a group of spies will seriously change an established nation into republic or noocracy overnight; anarchy is completely feasible though. 

• Upvote 1

yVHTSLQ.png

(TEst lives on but I'm in BK stronk now and too lazy to change the image)

in addition:

Sabotage projects: the effect from projects are temporary suspended.

Sabotage supply line: one of your raw/ material production would be suspended.

as for land, I would prefer sabotage of land cause 70 unit of pollution for 2 weeks, or simply diminish the output of food.

Edited by Arthur James

I think that sabotage color and gov type should set the timer the same as if they'd changed it themselves (5 days on gov, 2 on color)

If it's set up that way, the ops actually become useful for hurting someone economically. Otherwise, it's essentially throwing money at something they can change right away anyways.

<+JohnHarms> We need more feminists

The base cost shouldn't necessarily high, something comparable to the current rates of taking out a nuclear warhead should do just fine I think.

Taking out nukes has a low base cost. 

IpHGyGc.png

Lol I know. At its basics spy ops all have the same fixed cost to deploy a single spy, but to successfully hit someone who has some spies of their own would either require you to zerg rush them with loads and loads of spies, or pick a higher safety level, which will increase the operation cost immensely. And even at that it won't have a perfect odds. That's what I meant with low success rate, it would take millions to sabotage a matured nation

UedhRvY.png