Nope

Redrum

I really dislike that line. It gets thrown around a lot. What are you doing about the horrible acts that happen all over the world? How are you taking efforts to personally stop ISIS? That not taking action is equally responsible versus those committing acts is absurd. Also, right and wrong in many cases are a matter of perspective.

From what I know about your situation, you blurred the lines of personal and political by acting on the behest of someone you were involved with outside of game over political interests in game. When you start off by acting with those out side of game interests you can't place all the blame with other side. I'm sure things escalated somewhere and crossed a line, but when you start acting based off of personal interests you open yourself up a bit for that sort of retort. Condemning it is somewhat hypocritical.

I've been debating posting this for the past several minutes, but what made me decide to post this, is that I think you're wrong. I don't think the trend is the way you claim it is. I rarely have personal issues with people, or have them held against me, and I do plenty of dickish things in these games. I've witness plenty of dickish things in game that stay contained to in game unless someone openly brings outside of game stuff into the game. Then it's often that person who brought it in, complaining about it at the end. Sort of like here. Maybe that's the problem? Maybe you keep bringing things in from the outside? I don't know you much outside of PW, we talked a little in other games but that's it. I'm sad to see you leave, but I think you're leaving for the wrong reasons. My post may seem a bit aggressive, but it's because I think you should stay, because I think your analysis is incorrect.  

Well said.  I don't say this lightly, but

o/ Prefontaine

Redrum:

You're kind of a little shit.  You made the personal political with me when you tried to crash my bank, tried to get me kicked out of my respective alliance on three occasions, and just generally dragged an out-of-game-dispute in game.  I still don't want to see you go.

That being said, I don't think you want to.  And I don't think you will.  "End of the month"? Come on.  Someone who wants to quit does it immediately.  This is clearly a cry for help.  Whatever it is, don't quit.  You add zest to the game for me.

Edited by Ashland
  • Upvote 3

aUel2fG.png

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[10:47] you used to be the voice of irc

I'm completely with you two. I know precisely 0 of this drama that you talk of, but it's the point that I disagree with. I also hugely disagree with you (OP) going on and on in your post about making a change and being the one to stand up against these tyrants, and then you go and refuse to name names, or say that it's not going to change anything, and that you're leaving. You literally contradict yourself in the same paragraph. If you're gunna claim to stand up for something, !@#$ stand up for it. 

I... That's not fair, he said what I said but more badass.

Moooooom!

• Upvote 1

aUel2fG.png

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[10:47] you used to be the voice of irc

7OWAsEt.jpg

When I joined this game, I was promised that all the players would be saints and nobody would do anything to annoy me, ever. Now it looks like I was lied to and I don't know what to do with my life anymore!
<link removed. We don't advocate suicide on this forum>
Edited by Sheepy
  • Upvote 3

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

I really dislike that line. It gets thrown around a lot. What are you doing about the horrible acts that happen all over the world? How are you taking efforts to personally stop ISIS? That not taking action is equally responsible versus those committing acts is absurd. Also, right and wrong in many cases are a matter of perspective.

From what I know about your situation, you blurred the lines of personal and political by acting on the behest of someone you were involved with outside of game over political interests in game. When you start off by acting with those out side of game interests you can't place all the blame with other side. I'm sure things escalated somewhere and crossed a line, but when you start acting based off of personal interests you open yourself up a bit for that sort of retort. Condemning it is somewhat hypocritical.

I've been debating posting this for the past several minutes, but what made me decide to post this, is that I think you're wrong. I don't think the trend is the way you claim it is. I rarely have personal issues with people, or have them held against me, and I do plenty of dickish things in these games. I've witness plenty of dickish things in game that stay contained to in game unless someone openly brings outside of game stuff into the game. Then it's often that person who brought it in, complaining about it at the end. Sort of like here. Maybe that's the problem? Maybe you keep bringing things in from the outside? I don't know you much outside of PW, we talked a little in other games but that's it. I'm sad to see you leave, but I think you're leaving for the wrong reasons. My post may seem a bit aggressive, but it's because I think you should stay, because I think your analysis is incorrect.

Well said.  I don't say this lightly, but

o/ Prefontaine

Redrum:

You're kind of a little !@#$.  You made the personal political with me when you tried to crash my bank, tried to get me kicked out of my respective alliance on three occasions, and just generally dragged an out-of-game-dispute in game.  I still don't want to see you go.

That being said, I don't think you want to.  And I don't think you will.  "End of the month"? Come on.  Someone who wants to quit does it immediately.  This is clearly a cry for help.  Whatever it is, don't quit.  You add zest to the game for me.

I'm completely with you two. I know precisely 0 of this drama that you talk of, but it's the point that I disagree with. I also hugely disagree with you (OP) going on and on in your post about making a change and being the one to stand up against these tyrants, and then you go and refuse to name names, or say that it's not going to change anything, and that you're leaving. You literally contradict yourself in the same paragraph. If you're gunna claim to stand up for something, !@#$ stand up for it.

I agree with you all here, we have build this community so unique. All of the people weither they are stuck up, or very forgiving, this is an awesome community. Yes, I have done some stupid, idiotic things in the time that I've been here. But now that I look back, I see the $&!@ that I have done. I regret most of it.

Katz, I know you dont like the way this community has grown, but why look at the bad? There are so many good people here, so much to actually stay for, why leave? Just why? Ashland does have it right, you are one of the few people here that actually helped grow this community, you are one of the people who actually gives a damn even though your different, and don't like lots of people. People like you are treasured in this community. We need to have more of these people to grow the community as a whole.

I think that you need to stay, just until this community is stable enough to grow on its own. Even though this is your choice, just think of what these people that I quoted said. Rethink leaving.

• Upvote 1

Peace will never be accomplished without war, but war cannot happen without peace.... or something like that idk

Welp, I find this a bit dramatic and negative. Redrum, you have helped me from my very beginning even teaching me to IRC. We have had a lot of fun together in Orbis. We are now friends IRL and I respect you greatly. Nothing done in game would ever change that now. (Even if you spy my nation and kill 156 soldiers like you did last night.)

I've also made people mad in game and while it might have taken them a little while to process and move forward they always do. People have made me mad and I'm still friends with them.

In short, I am also disappointed with this post and action. If you want to take a break or quit the game, I guess that's okay, but vague condemnations of the community aren't going to help anything. I don't mean to minimize your struggle. I hope you change your mind and stay.

Edited by Tim Armstrong
  • Upvote 2

You donated $30 to the game within the last two weeks (or maybe somebody donated $30 to you, in which case sue me) and are going to quit at the end of the month?

I don't think you're actually going to quit. See you next month.

• Upvote 2

Dude it's PaW, where the majority of the community are children or trolls. Shouldn't have taken you that long to notice.

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

<Jroc> I heard \ is an anagram of cocaine
<\> I can't be rearranged into a line, I already am a line.

--Foxburo Wiki--

7OWAsEt.jpg

Ah its been awhile since i have seen that website man brings back good memories when in IRC and we started spam that shit ^_^

(^。^)y-.。o○ (-。-)y-゜゜゜ this is how i make my cloud

http://i1371.photobucket.com/albums/ag291/petgangster/efb30519-f381-4330-a62b-11db0d2a058b_zpscilyk2rj.png

Dude it's PaW, where the majority of the community are children or trolls. Shouldn't have taken you that long to notice.

And yet you're the only one who couldn't make a decent post in this thread.  :rolleyes:

[11:52 PM] Prefontaine: But Keegoz is actually bad. [11:52 PM] Prefontaine: He's my favorite bad leader though.

Talking in general, if someone is really spewing fake or even real RL stories against you to get leverage in-game, report it to the mods. Better yet, talk to Sheepy or whoever happens to be the admin of the online game where the instance happens straightaway or talk to the guy one-on-one. Let what you feel be known to him.

@Redrum: It seems to have been a 1-on-1 matter and should have been settled accordingly. By this thread, you are only aggravating the issue by drawing attention to it. But what's done, is done.

Also, about the golden age of nation sims you talk of. I am tired of hearing it. I don't blame you, in particular but I have seen it thrown around in every nation sim I have played - "in the past, it was so good" "politics was better" "people were decent" "they respected boundaries, etc, etc. It's simply not true. 4 games, you say? (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn&#39;t be bringing it up anyways), being one of them I assume? Have a look at its history, the darker periods. 

This is not a new trend, it has been there since the inception of nation sims. Bigger the community base, more such instances. Add a larger time span to that and you get a microscopic version of the shitty world we live in. 

Reason is anonymity. It's why people can talk shit to you, they would not dare to speak to your face.

Blood of a king. Heart of a lion.

And if I may be so bold, anonymity is also the reason you're posting this. Had this instance been in real world, you'd not have said any of it. Here it's easier to make sweeping generalizations about everyone and then quitting (not have done that till now tho). You see the problem, take up the cause here. Stay here to face the consequences of this speech of yours. Right the wrongs and what not. If not anyone else, I will support you if I find your case as honorable and true as I thought you to be before this day.

Edited by Niklaus

Blood of a king. Heart of a lion.

Therefore, I charge that we all, myself included, should feel ashamed of ourselves.  We all let this happen therefore, all bear some amount of responsibility for this shameful occurrence.

If you wish to see a change in the world be the change.

1) Hold up. What? Ashamed? I personally have no clue as to what all of these supposed "personal issues" you seem to be accusing people of tinkering with, so I don't think that everyone should feel ashamed of themselves. You certainly should. And we definitely, all united as one, let things happen, so nao we must take responsibility for helping clean up this sh*t storm you seemingly made even worse by making this post. 

2) Why don't you include yourself? It only sounds like you wish for there to be a change, so why don't you be the change, because I see no effort at you trying to accomplish this.

3) Listen, I din't know you very well, but you seemed like a nice guy, and I can see nao that people can't make decisions based on a first impression. I'd bet my whole alliance bank you made this thread on a very recent event that happened to you personally, and you may not think it, but by making this thread, you have become one of the biggest hypocrites in the game. The worst part of it is that nao, you have 2 options: one is to stay and bear even more hate because of this thread, because you didn't intend on leaving, just to rustle some jimmies, until these replies called you out, which leads to two, leave.  There's no point in staying when you're more infamous than Hereno. I'm sure Sheepy doesn't want your $30 monthly pay check anyways, since it's coming from a pleb.

tl;dr Not worth the read

• Upvote 1

The many forms of proof regarding Kastor's sexuality:

- Kastor: I already came out the closet.

- MaIone: I'm gay

* MaIone is now known as Kastor

- Henri: i'm a !@#$it

Skable: the !@#$ is a codo?

420kekscope.jpg

Hello Politics and War Community,

I humbly vow to automatically judge and rate "one star" literally every thread that begins with this heading, from here forward.

• Upvote 5

"Damnation seize my soul if I give you quarters, or take any from you."

This thread is dumb but P&W really doesn't even pretend to have an IC/OOC divide. Most of our alliances are actually just OOC communities... some of which are ripped straight from other games in theme and all.

Probably my biggest mistake in coming here was using my (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn&#39;t be bringing it up anyways) handle "Hereno" as my name, but then I didn't expect there to be a (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn&#39;t be bringing it up anyways) invasion, complete with previous grudges and friendships. Luckily, for the most part, that does not describe the majority of the community. But it does describe a non-negligible amount of it, and a majority of the power players.

Which isn't to say anything about whatever happened here. But I'd rather talk about this as a general thing than read another page of anti-you circlejerking masquerading as contributions to a discussion.