Tragedy in the Candy Kingdom. GPA accused of murder!

Princess Bubblegum

They've spied many people. Apparently for no good reason. So why not PB? Manipulating the fates of the 99% seems to be enough reason.

Like it or not, if your captured/lost matches the crime, the burden of proof is on the suspect. That's the way it is with the current system. There was an easy way to prove innocence, but that was intentionally sabotaged. The numbers, the conflicting stories, and the sabotaged test add up to strong evidence.

Oh, SoS just said that the burden of proof is on us.  So it MUST be true.

aUel2fG.png

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[10:47] you used to be the voice of irc

Neutrality means you can take us down, one by one?

Jesus.

For one, you can't even prove that any wrong has been done. Two, even if wrong has been done, which it hasn't, that doesn't mean GPA would want to take you down, let alone everyone in the game. Stop using hyperbole to incite anger or persecution.

GPA has no interest at all in involving itself in interalliance affairs. Why would we breach our most treasured principle to... spy on a nation who has done no wrong at all to us?

GAeAN0K.png

Jesus.

For one, you can't even prove that any wrong has been done. Two, even if wrong has been done, which it hasn't, that doesn't mean GPA would want to take you down, let alone everyone in the game. Stop using hyperbole to incite anger or persecution.

GPA has no interest at all in involving itself in interalliance affairs. Why would we breach our most treasured principle to... spy on a nation who has done no wrong at all to us?

And yet I'm here asking myself the same question. Either way, I have not seen a single bit of counter evidence. I have seen plenty of banter, yet nobody is saying anything that can really defend the alleged offender.

Edited by The Captain Nao
  • Upvote 2

Resident DJ @ Club Orbis

Founder of The Warehouse

Jesus.

I asked a reasonable question based on Lunan's statement.

It's clear GPA has spied on nations that have done no wrong to you.

And yet I'm here asking myself the same question. Either way, I have not seen a single bit of counter evidence. I have seen plenty of banter, yet nobody is saying anything that can really defend the alleged offender.

What kind of evidence would satisfy you?

For something to deserve being proven wrong, it must first be proven right. Otherwise, we'd spend every waking moment of our lives disproving literally everything that isn't true.

It's clear GPA has spied on nations that have done no wrong to you.

It is not, and don't pretend that it is. There is no evidence at all to support the claim that we've spied on PB.

GAeAN0K.png

PB offered a very simple, legit and profitable test for Belisrius to prove his innocence. He is right that screenshots are easy to fake and I am more than confident that PB or Ataraxis could do it without issue. People know this, and so PB put up the test. Not only was the test simple, verifiable and the most irrefutable proof available, it would of been profitable for Bel. But he didn't take it.

Say what you want but Bel either refused to prove his innocence or couldn't because he used the spy ops already.

• Upvote 2

rsz_1g7q_ak91409798280.jpg

If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a roll.

There is one you will follow. One who is the shining star, and he will lead you to beautiful places in the search of his own vanity. And when there is no more vanity to be found, he will leave you in darkness, as a fading memory of his own creation.

There was a harmless post here that a well-meaning soul thought was bad... or something.  I edited it at their behest and don't feel like retyping it.

Edited by Ashland

aUel2fG.png

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So guilty until proven innocent.

emot-psyduck.gif This is a witch hunt.

This is just part of a plot on the part of Guardian to make GPA look bad so that they can attack us.  I have no evidence, but I'm, yaknow, pretty sure.  It's okay, though, surely if you're NOT planning to attack GPA within the next week, you can provide some evidence of that, right?

SoS: Those spy attacks were against people who were ACTIVELY RAIDING us and who we were ACTIVELY DEFENDING AGAINST!  Are you out of your mind?

Edited by Ashland

aUel2fG.png

So guilty until proven innocent.

emot-psyduck.gif This is a witch hunt.

The prosecution has fair evidence against the defendant in this case. This is most certainly innocent until proven guilty considering the evidence against Bel has already been provided. All we are waiting for is the defendant's case, which until now has been banter and the use of ill-fitting words such as the ones you throw around.

Resident DJ @ Club Orbis

Founder of The Warehouse

nothings true, all is permitted

• Upvote 1

Amidst the eternal waves of time From a ripple of change shall the storm rise Out of the abyss peer the eyes of a demon Behold the razgriz, its wings of black sheath The demon soars through dark skies Fear and death trail its shadow beneath Until men united weild a hallowed sabre In final reckoning, the beast is slain As the demon sleeps, man turns on man His own blood and madness soon cover the earth From the depths of despair awaken the razgriz Its raven wings ablaze in majestic light

You're talking out your ass. You weren't in GPA when that happened.

... I physically attacked a raider.  Myself.  In a war.

Go back to making poor knockoffs of what I do.

Edited by Ashland
  • Upvote 2

aUel2fG.png

... I physically attacked a raider. Myself. In a war.

Go back to making poor knockoffs of what I do.

I am here doing what you do...being a dick in your thread for no good reason. You think you invented borrowing and loaning? :D I was the first one in alpha to post a loan scheme, so you are imitating me. You and GPA don't own the market, yet.

I don't know if anyone has asked this yet, but what do you hope to accomplish by this thread PB? Is your goal to have him removed from gov for committing what you view as a non-neutral act? Are you hoping to unite alliances against GPA because they've showed a willingness to be non-neutral? Is this to slander them? What was the conclusion you were hoping for when you created this thread? 

I'm not saying you're right, or GPA's right, or anything. I'm simply asking for motive and goal right now.

And to GPA, what do you have to say to those who claim this shows you as non-neutral? You've missed the window to show Bel didn't already perform a spy action that day and thus we can never have proof really. So all you have now is people deciding for themselves on who to believe. The doubt has been cast with no way to confirm one way or another, so how do you address the doubt besides simply denying it exists?

• Upvote 1

scSqPGJ.gif

PB, when asked to prove a positive, you instead asked Belisarius to prove a negative.  As though we need any more evidence that you are lying.

Maybe if you contributed anything to the PnW community in any meaningful, productive way I'd take this more seriously.  But you don't.

That is indeed known as a fallacy. https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/burden-of-proof

EDIT: After reading the thread more I take my accusation of fallacy back

Edited by Pwnius Scrubius

I don't know if anyone has asked this yet, but what do you hope to accomplish by this thread PB? Is your goal to have him removed from gov for committing what you view as a non-neutral act? Are you hoping to unite alliances against GPA because they've showed a willingness to be non-neutral? Is this to slander them? What was the conclusion you were hoping for when you created this thread? 

I'm not saying you're right, or GPA's right, or anything. I'm simply asking for motive and goal right now.

And to GPA, what do you have to say to those who claim this shows you as non-neutral? You've missed the window to show Bel didn't already perform a spy action that day and thus we can never have proof really. So all you have now is people deciding for themselves on who to believe. The doubt has been cast with no way to confirm one way or another, so how do you address the doubt besides simply denying it exists?

I don't claim to speak for the GPA, but from my own perspective, we're guilty of nothing, thus there's nothing we should defend against. To defend against it would lend credence to it. Knowing Belisarius reasonably well, it's utterly preposterous to me that he'd do something like this.

GAeAN0K.png

This is just part of a plot on the part of Guardian to make GPA look bad so that they can attack us.  I have no evidence, but I'm, yaknow, pretty sure.  It's okay, though, surely if you're NOT planning to attack GPA within the next week, you can provide some evidence of that, right?

SoS: Those spy attacks were against people who were ACTIVELY RAIDING us and who we were ACTIVELY DEFENDING AGAINST!  Are you out of your mind?

I have no idea what Guardian has to do with this, they're a nice alliance. 

IpHGyGc.png

Jesus Ashland, that shit's more paranoid than most of the stuff you spew.

59a.gif

"They're turning kids into slaves just to make cheaper sneakers.

But what's the real cost? ‘Cause the sneakers don't seem that much cheaper.

Why are we still paying so much for sneakers when you got them made by little slave kids?

What are your overheads?"