Assist new players not insult.

P2K

No worries. I will not be active on here or IRC anymore. Sorry P&W This is the best game I have ever played but the people are to much. it's a game not a chess match about who has the biggest balls and who ever wins will get real money. Have fun instead of always being so concerned with making everyone look worse than you so you can look good & feel better about yourself.

you're right that the community here is awful, but if this game is the best game you've ever played, i hope someone buys you a paradox game for christmas this year

• Upvote 3

If you want to be an active part of the IRC/Forum community of these games, you'll have to learn to have a thicker skin. I mean, what I said on IRC before I tried to help you was just me messing around. If you considered that to be one of the slights against you, then perhaps you're better off not posting and IRCing much. Most people here have been in these games a long time and are heavy handed with their word choices a lot of times. So, you could take your ball and go home, or you could stick it out. 

No one will fault you for changing your mind. At least in earnest.

scSqPGJ.gif

I'm now just as guilty here, but come on guys, are we seriously still feeding him? Maybe he wanted to get more active on the forums, maybe he didn't realize he was doing anything wrong, personally though, I don't exactly see that as likely. At this point though, I just feel like we're merely feeding into his need to be given attention. Here's hoping I am completely off base.

greene.png

Formerly known as Grealind of Resvernas (28 October 2014-29 August 2017) and Greene of Japan (29 August 2017-28 Septmber 2017)

7th Caretaker of Duat, the Deity Thoth

I am always glad to assist insulting new players. :lol:

And old players too! Can't give special treatment to the noobs now can you?

• Upvote 3

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

I actually do know how these communities can be. It really doesn't bother me all that much. I had been told this by another player in-game. but at the same time he made a point that I understood. So I decided to put my own version of it on here. Then I posted it on here. While I was writing this I realized I didn't feel like dealing with anyone else in this community other than my own alliance anymore. I have not and do not plan on quitting.

Edited by P2K
  • Upvote 1

And old players too! Can't give special treatment to the noobs now can you?

“You are not special. You're not a beautiful and unique snowflake. You're the same decaying organic matter as everything else. We're all part of the same compost heap. We're the all singing, all dancing crap of the world.â€

Edited by ELPINCHAZO
  • Upvote 2

“You are not special. You're not a beautiful and unique snowflake. You're the same decaying organic matter as everything else. We're all part of the same compost heap. We're the all singing, all dancing crap of the world.â€

Well aren't you just a ray of sunshine

• Upvote 1

greene.png

Formerly known as Grealind of Resvernas (28 October 2014-29 August 2017) and Greene of Japan (29 August 2017-28 Septmber 2017)

7th Caretaker of Duat, the Deity Thoth

you can still be owf active after all it will keep you up to date with the affairs occurring on orbis and become irc active thats where all the fun is at.

Amidst the eternal waves of time From a ripple of change shall the storm rise Out of the abyss peer the eyes of a demon Behold the razgriz, its wings of black sheath The demon soars through dark skies Fear and death trail its shadow beneath Until men united weild a hallowed sabre In final reckoning, the beast is slain As the demon sleeps, man turns on man His own blood and madness soon cover the earth From the depths of despair awaken the razgriz Its raven wings ablaze in majestic light

Rule #1 man! Rule #1....

duskhornexceptional.png.d9e24adf7f0945530780eee694428f27.png

He's right, I'm such a stinker. Play my exceptional game!

Rule #1 man! Rule #1....

I thought Rule #1 was that nothing on the internet is true?

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

I thought Rule #1 was that nothing on the internet is true?

No, no, that's Rule #2.  If it were Rule #1, then we could never use wikipedia as a source for citation.  Millions of high-schoolers and undergrads doing papers would cry out in terror, then be suddenly silenced.

• Upvote 5

php9BQiIRAM.jpg

No, no, that's Rule #2.  If it were Rule #1, then we could never use wikipedia as a source for citation.  Millions of high-schoolers and undergrads doing papers would cry out in terror, then be suddenly silenced.

6ec.png

• Upvote 1

Remember that time when Uncle Jodo suggested players start a system to welcome and teach new players?

Yea. You guys !@#$ed that all kinds of up.

You actually suggested something that doesn't involve people sitting on your lap for story time? 

yVHTSLQ.png

(TEst lives on but I'm in BK stronk now and too lazy to change the image)

>using wikipedia as a citation

because i didn't already feel like i was surrounded by whiny teenagers

I almost lost my mind when a 4000-level course professor told our class we could cite wikipedia as source.  I sat there, appalled, while literally 99% of the class all gave some sort of universal collective sigh of relief, as though they were simply incapable of comprehending the possibility of having to research without it.  Disgusting.

php9BQiIRAM.jpg

Why does everyone dog on wikipedia?

Because it's trendy? Or because you guys hate being proven wrong via wikipedia?

I mean, wikipedia has this awesome feature, where everything stated has a little number next to it. That number is what we call a citation. If what is stated does not have a citation, if the information is not in the citation, if its dubious or needs clarification, it will say so.

Edited by Fox Fire
  • Upvote 1

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

<Jroc> I heard \ is an anagram of cocaine
<\> I can't be rearranged into a line, I already am a line.

--Foxburo Wiki--