Sphinx

Do Ayyliens and Whales mix?

9 hours ago, Placentica said:

Kinda surprised BK gets any shit.  Seems like they are the one alliance that routinely mixes it up despite being on top. And that's not treaty ass-kissing either, I'm just surprised they don't get more respect for the amount of interesting FA moves they've made over the past several years.  Like them or not, they have been really good for this game.

Never change Steve. Keep on showing everyone why you are the sharpest mind in PW!

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 2

15 hours ago, Placentica said:

Kinda surprised BK gets any shit.  Seems like they are the one alliance that routinely mixes it up despite being on top. And that's not treaty ass-kissing either, I'm just surprised they don't get more respect for the amount of interesting FA moves they've made over the past several years.  Like them or not, they have been really good for this game.

They do change it up.  There's no denying that.  It's the way how they handle some of the FA issues that clouds the moves they make.

As for "been really good for this game" - Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh................  We can debate on that one.  I can see both sides of that particular statement.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

It's not really up for debate either.

Political sims are all about people executing plan's within a political narrative, a key driver of which is how people feel about other players. BK generates strong feelings that one one way or another drive people to act on those feelings and create a narrative. Anyone who generates strong feelings tends to be good for these types of games (within reason).

• Upvote 6

56 minutes ago, Frawley said:

It's not really up for debate either.

Political sims are all about people executing plan's within a political narrative, a key driver of which is how people feel about other players. BK generates strong feelings that one one way or another drive people to act on those feelings and create a narrative. Anyone who generates strong feelings tends to be good for these types of games (within reason).

Yes, building up a frickyuge consolidated tier with multiple alliances tied together is good for the game.  That's where the most "feelings" have been generated from.

How did that work out for CN?  That's a dead game, right?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Buorhann said:

Yes, building up a frickyuge consolidated tier with multiple alliances tied together is good for the game.  That's where the most "feelings" have been generated from.

How did that work out for CN?  That's a dead game, right?

I mean, for starters, IQ was never in a position where it could project power outside the initially low, but later mid tier, and certainly never held the same kind of hegemonic power that has already existed in this game.  You also ignore that a large part of why IQ was formed, which was because the game was fighting the exact same war, again and again, with the same winners and an loosely correlated group of losers, who were banded together every time the powers that be wanted to make a war seem 'more even'.  Those actions generated feelings that wanted a change up in dynamics, which is why the IQ tiering strategy was enacted, to deny people their easy consistent victories.  I mean, IQ won one war in it's existence, hardly a slam dunk now was it.

CN isn't relevant here, but if it were, you are still wrong.  The games best political moments where when a lot of people hated the NPO, from 2006 to 2009/10 the game was a constant struggle between those two forces, and the political discourse and machinations were widely regards as at their peak. This continued to a lesser degree after the defeat of the 'big bad guys' with Umbrella and other powerhouses of the game for a number of years.

Ultimately CN died of natural causes, the game wasn't updated, the game wasn't advertised, the mechanics were shown to be broken, cheating was rampant, and it drove many people out of the game, into groupings that could defend against those broken mechanics, or just into inactivity.  Any game with only a handful of active players, broken upper tier mechanics, no new players, and a catch up time measured in years (5-8 years to catch the leaders at a minimum), is going to to die.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

Yes, you have done well. Word wall. Word wall. Word wall 

Begins cackling manically

On 4/20/2019 at 11:51 AM, Keegoz said:

Never change. Keep on showing everyone why you are the sharpest mind in PW!

Have to admit, I wish I'd changed many years back when we were allied. t$ would've been a much better path for us than Rose. You are just confirming what I'd reluctantly assumed about you. I've only defended your alliance when we were allied in losing wars and then didn't make a stink when you didn't defend us when we needed you or when you backed out of post-war aid you promised.

2 minutes ago, Placentica said:

Have to admit, I wish I'd changed many years back when we were allied. t$ would've been a much better path for us than Rose. You are just confirming what I'd reluctantly assumed about you. I've only defended your alliance when we were allied in losing wars and then didn't make a stink when you didn't defend us when we needed you or when you backed out of post-war aid you promised.

Are you talking about SALT?

Yes how dare Rose not fight TKRsphere AND IQ simultaneously.

4 minutes ago, Akuryo said:

Are you talking about SALT?

Yes how dare Rose not fight TKRsphere AND IQ simultaneously.

No. I'm a grandpa.

52 minutes ago, Placentica said:

Your alliance was doomed wherever you went. You were leading it after all.

Going inactive for over a week, without letting anyone know. Coming back and shrugging it off. Hoarding power for yourself. Being paranoid at every turn. Add in the fact that you're down right an idiot and really it is no surprise Alpha was a failure but if it makes you sleep at night. Please blame me.

• Haha 1

On 4/20/2019 at 6:55 PM, Buorhann said:

They do change it up.  There's no denying that.  It's the way how they handle some of the FA issues that clouds the moves they make.

As for "been really good for this game" - Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh................  We can debate on that one.  I can see both sides of that particular statement.

I wish I had more control over our FA as well, but guess they know what they’re doing if there is any fuss over this being OP. Doubt us aligning Syndicate before NPO treatied them or Rose after they broke off would have had any less saying it’s to strong either.

• Downvote 1

On 4/22/2019 at 2:23 AM, Keegoz said:

Your alliance was doomed wherever you went. You were leading it after all.

Going inactive for over a week, without letting anyone know. Coming back and shrugging it off. Hoarding power for yourself. Being paranoid at every turn. Add in the fact that you're down right an idiot and really it is no surprise Alpha was a failure but if it makes you sleep at night. Please blame me.

Lmao, murdered by words