Bringing Order to the Ballpark

Roquentin

I have deleted my response to this post because who really gives a toss what the brain dead guy who follows around the brain dead bully thinks.

Personally, I'm very glad we live in a world where Grub censors his own posts.

One must imagine Sisyphus happy.

I for one find the concept that alliances with previous associations with one another that aren't outright hostile in nature might be predisposed towards making collective security agreements shocking, nay appalling.

Edited by Auctor

I for one find the concept that alliances with previous associations with one another that aren't outright hostile in nature might be predisposed towards making collective security agreements shocking, nay appalling.

Past events on other worlds has demonstrated what inevitably happens when you have an ever-shrinking populace.

Familiarization with everyone, everyone becomes friends (mostly), and the politics stagnate because people don't want to plot against friends.

I really hope a trend of OOC-IC division develops more in this world. It's fine to be OOC-friendly and IC-hostile, is my point. I guess people get upset because they come to a new world and hope for a new atmosphere rather than a continuation of a system that has already failed.

Congratulations on your treaty. I don't see anything wrong with it, personally.

• Upvote 1

Past events on other worlds has demonstrated what inevitably happens when you have an ever-shrinking populace.

Familiarization with everyone, everyone becomes friends (mostly), and the politics stagnate because people don't want to plot against friends.

I really hope a trend of OOC-IC division develops more in this world. It's fine to be OOC-friendly and IC-hostile, is my point. I guess people get upset because they come to a new world and hope for a new atmosphere rather than a continuation of a system that has already failed.

Congratulations on your treaty. I don't see anything wrong with it, personally.

I guess people get upset because they want things to go the way they want them to, and that is of no interest to me at all.  This whole notion of (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) versus non-(That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) is horseshit.  If you want the world to realign then perhaps some alliances should stop being such pompous and conceited douchebags at every opportunity.

I get we are new to this world, but apart from existing friends and a few exceptions, the welcome is hardly friendly. 

As for some of the other comments made, Polaris is not allied to the New Pacific Order, and in fact has been diametrically opposed to Pacifica in that other world.  Some people need to understand that their view of the world is not my view of the world and shall never be.

I fully intend to be friendly and accommodating to anyone and everyone, but it is clear where the lines are drawn and the fact that there are lines drawn is a good thing.  I have no intentions of signing a treaty with everyone who is tied to everyone else, it seems like people have already managed that all by themselves.

Also, I don't give a shit where you come from, if I have a treaty with you I would expect you confine your trolling to our embassy.... but maybe the MO is different here?

The NPO and Polaris are here, and we will be staying and it is high time we dropped the whole pretense of (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) and non-(That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) as an assessment of the validity of an alliance, just as it is also high time we stopped pretending that Bob was no so vastly superior to Orbis from the outset.  You need to aim much higher if you ever want to develop anything more than the wild west attitudes that prevail here.

We have arrived, we come with no intentions of turning this realm into an outpost of (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways), but if you force us to consolidate our positions then so be it.  We are not inferior because we waited until this realm had proved itself and we are not inferior because we are newer than 90% of alliances.  We are who we are and only time will reveal whether we have merit or not.  The shitposting in this realm is certainly on a uniquely low level.

Want diversity?  Then breed some.  Want some goodwill?  Then show some..... or piss off and leave us to our business, most of which is of no concern to anyone outside our direct allies.

Edited by AlmightyGrub

I can't believe it's been over a decade and they still haven't changed that horrible frontpage.

This makes me feel old, but the front page used to have a different image rotation that didn't include that one. It was late 2008/early 2009 when they changed it to that one.

• Upvote 1

This makes me feel old, but the front page used to have a different image rotation that didn't include that one. It was late 2008/early 2009 when they changed it to that one.

Yeah, Silent won the contest and "Done by Silent" became a meme.

• Upvote 1

NVtqEOL.png

Just for the record i dont hate (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways)-alliances, or anyone who have come over from there. I just dislike the treaty hoarding, its gotten out of controll and the (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways)-alliances are to blame for that imho.

Personally, I'm very glad we live in a world where Grub censors his own posts.

The insult aside i dont complain either.

Ole2.png

I guess people get upset because they want things to go the way they want them to, and that is of no interest to me at all.  This whole notion of (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) versus non-(That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) is horseshit.  If you want the world to realign then perhaps some alliances should stop being such pompous and conceited douchebags at every opportunity.

I get we are new to this world, but apart from existing friends and a few exceptions, the welcome is hardly friendly. 

As for some of the other comments made, Polaris is not allied to the New Pacific Order, and in fact has been diametrically opposed to Pacifica in that other world.  Some people need to understand that their view of the world is not my view of the world and shall never be.

I fully intend to be friendly and accommodating to anyone and everyone, but it is clear where the lines are drawn and the fact that there are lines drawn is a good thing.  I have no intentions of signing a treaty with everyone who is tied to everyone else, it seems like people have already managed that all by themselves.

Also, I don't give a shit where you come from, if I have a treaty with you I would expect you confine your trolling to our embassy.... but maybe the MO is different here?

The NPO and Polaris are here, and we will be staying and it is high time we dropped the whole pretense of (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) and non-(That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) as an assessment of the validity of an alliance, just as it is also high time we stopped pretending that Bob was no so vastly superior to Orbis from the outset.  You need to aim much higher if you ever want to develop anything more than the wild west attitudes that prevail here.

We have arrived, we come with no intentions of turning this realm into an outpost of (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways), but if you force us to consolidate our positions then so be it.  We are not inferior because we waited until this realm had proved itself and we are not inferior because we are newer than 90% of alliances.  We are who we are and only time will reveal whether we have merit or not.  The shitposting in this realm is certainly on a uniquely low level.

Want diversity?  Then breed some.  Want some goodwill?  Then show some..... or piss off and leave us to our business, most of which is of no concern to anyone outside our direct allies.

I am going to (jokingly) point out that Auctor said everything you did in a 3 panel comic :P

I am going to (seriously) point out that you're deluding yourselves if you think people avoid or dislike NPO (and associated alliances) simply because they're from (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways).

Edited by Corvo

The shitposting in this realm is certainly on a uniquely low level.

You play (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) and you think the shitposting here is on a low level? At least I can read these forums on occasion...

I have deleted my response to this post because who really gives a toss what the brain dead guy who follows around the brain dead bully thinks.

So you posted just to say you deleted your previous post? 

And you call those two brain dead? 

yVHTSLQ.png

(TEst lives on but I'm in BK stronk now and too lazy to change the image)

I am going to (jokingly) point out that Auctor said everything you did in a 3 panel comic :P

I am going to (seriously) point out that you're deluding yourselves if you think people avoid or dislike NPO (and associated alliances) simply because they're from (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways).

I would suggest to you that the level of intelligence displayed here is better suited to comics and crayon drawings.  I have no idea why people avoid the NPO or even Polaris, perhaps you could explain in three pane comic so I can get it?

@Saeton, such is your level of shitpost comprehension that you missed the point entirely.  Well done, sooner or later you will drag yourself up to comic stage, keep playing hard.

I would suggest to you that the level of intelligence displayed here is better suited to comics and crayon drawings.  I have no idea why people avoid the NPO or even Polaris, perhaps you could explain in three pane comic so I can get it?

@Saeton, such is your level of shitpost comprehension that you missed the point entirely.  Well done, sooner or later you will drag yourself up to comic stage, keep playing hard.

For Polaris it might be your endearing behavior here on the OWF and on IRC?

Ole2.png

For Polaris it might be your endearing behavior here on the OWF and on IRC?

Grub is the Emperor but I promise you this, we aren't all like him. Even in his Govt. Does he speak for us? On occasion but just because he has a certain opinion on things doesn't always mean the whole AA does. I disagree with him all the time but we work well together because of it lol. Hell you were joking around and talking to me in Alpha's IRC just fine

Banner for PnW.png

Grub is the Emperor but I promise you this, we aren't all like him. Even in his Govt. Does he speak for us? On occasion but just because he has a certain opinion on things doesn't always mean the whole AA does. I disagree with him all the time but we work well together because of it lol. Hell you were joking around and talking to me in Alpha's IRC just fine

I have 0 issue with Polaris, 0 issue with NPO (Im a member somewhere else) and 0 issue as stated earlyer with (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) AA's, only 2 issues i have atm is with Grub cause he got super offended it whould seem over me and Pre dicking around on IRC. And all the treatying like i said earlyer, i think ppl need to chill out, i dont mind them haveing a few, but shit is getting crazy.

• Upvote 1

Ole2.png

I understand this however, NPO and Polaris have already been treatied in PnW for 2 months now. This was just an upgrade from ODoAP to MDoAP. Polaris has 4 Treaties. UPN was upgraded from Protectorate, 1 sought us out, the other 2 (NPO and Alpha) are because we share values. Politics never ends, anywhere. Everyone fears to many treaties will hurt the game, it will for those who stand by and do nothing. believe me when i say Polaris still doesn't have a true place in this world. Things get decided in global war which we havent been part of yet. Want Politics to end? Let the War part happen but even then Politics doesnt stop. A lot of people think they can get by with 2 treaties and just roll everyone else who gets on the way. 2 Treaties is sufficient in a world that doesnt have a lot of AAs. This world is forever growing. And as it grows so does the politics. Treaties are formed and alliances flourish. Some will fail along the way but others will only grow stronger. We intend to have Polaris be the latter. And as of late we have proved this. Polaris is NOT the NpO. We have people but thats because our forums are shared. it was founded within the NpO but we arent the NpO. hell our original Emperor (No disrespect I love the guy) but he was kicked out and left Polaris. If you have a problem with Grub and how he takes things, go to someone else in his Govt and talk about it. I know I am ALWAYS reachable. I respect you I do. Hope this gives insight to something 

Banner for PnW.png

:effort:

NPO is a top alliance with active members and good organization with a knack for taking the number one spot of games they invade. They are also notoriously ruthless in their pursuit of said goal.

For me, it boils down to competition. NPO represents a real threat to the power structure of any game they choose to take seriously. It's nothing personal, but it is fact. They chose their treaties, so it's not exactly like we're the ones picking on the neutral group of NPO/Polaris.

edit: to reiterate, I don't really think anyone has negative feelings towards Polaris other than being forced to deal with Aero :P

Edited by Corvo

"It has nothing to do with (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways), but those guys did something in (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways), so they're a threat."

"It has nothing to do with (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways), but those guys did something in (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways), so they're a threat."

I am always a threat to you half-goat....always.

I for one find the concept that alliances with previous associations with one another [...] might be predisposed [...] shocking, nay appalling.

Edited by Corvo
  • Upvote 1

I wasn't the one making the argument that people fear us for any reason other than (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways).