To the other Foreign Affair agents out there.

Chapsie

64439a606db38d0b8d6609bb58da0bda.png

Is it just me that has a million tabs open for embassies? How do you go about maintaining yours? (Not to mention IRC channels haha)

We have seized the means of production. Though union, and self-governance, we have organized between all peoples of the land.

Bookmarks are amazing :D

^ this. For the APR I have alliance forums separated into a folder for each tier of 10 alliances. That way I don't crash my browser when posting updates. :P

As for IRC, I have three different connections across ~120 channels on my client that's all automatic - Kurdanak[GPA] for (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways), Kurdanak[Rose] for P&W, Kurdanak for miscellaneous.

I'm a professional lurker. :v

• Upvote 2
xzhPlEh.png?1

Man I'm stupid LOL 

I'd better get to bookmarking. I mean, I only have the few opened here to maintain, so it's not as crazy as some others who are doing the foreign stuff alone.

We have seized the means of production. Though union, and self-governance, we have organized between all peoples of the land.

^ this. For the APR I have alliance forums separated into a folder for each tier of 10 alliances. That way I don't crash my browser when posting updates. :P

As for IRC, I have three different connections across ~120 channels on my client that's all automatic - Kurdanak[GPA] for (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways), Kurdanak[Rose] for P&W, Kurdanak for miscellaneous.

I'm a professional lurker. :v

Is this why you never respond to any of my queries? Very rude

• Upvote 2

omZZUOt.png?2  

<&Partisan> I'm roleplaying a not snake

Man I'm stupid LOL 

I'd better get to bookmarking. I mean, I only have the few opened here to maintain, so it's not as crazy as some others who are doing the foreign stuff alone.

Haha oh you aren't the first. For awhile about a year ago I was the same with like 25 tabs open on just one window with several windows at a time. Now that was fun, but then I realized I had the ability to bookmark which made things a bit easier lol

Plus made it easier to restart my computer when that had to happen ;) 

• Upvote 1

I used to just check forums a couple times a week, realized I could get noobs diplomats to do it for me, and never used forum embassies again.

Edited by Metro

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

Delegate assign others to Be diplomats here and there. Being the diplomat to everyone is bad. Give yourself 3-5 alliances you work well with and 1-2 all images that aren't allies but important to have FA contact with.

Also put all the links for their embassies in a folder and check them once a day in quick succession to check for anything new.

scSqPGJ.gif

Could do it my way:

1. Randomly show up at allies/enemies/neutral parties' forums.

2. Make two or three posts.

3. Forget about said posts.

4. Check in 2 months later because their DoW on you reminded you you have an embassy.

at this point, a few things can happen.

a) your staff preemptively took over your slack and all is fine and dandy. It looks like you just spearheaded an FA effort. Continue as if no time passed.

B) your staff did not take over your slack. In this case: repeat step 1 through 4.

You're welcome.

Shit I just realized I'm one of Rose's diplos to the Syndicate. So how are you? What's new?

• Upvote 2

Is this why you never respond to any of my queries? Very rude

The list of queries I've accidentally ignored spans for miles. >_>

That sounds like a recipe for disaster, if Kurd pings out and tries to reconnect, Coldfront usually akills him for excess connections.

IRC Bouncer, yo.
  • Upvote 2
xzhPlEh.png?1

Thanks guys, to be honest, even with the tabs open, I still sometimes forget to check them haha

Anyway, Partisan's post is super accurate, but this definitely helped a shit ton.  

sdTtqDB.gif