• Turkmen
    • Uyghar
    • Vietnamese
    • Vulgar Tatar
    • Welsh
    • Zhuang

Shall I simplify this.

So I will list groups of ethnicities.

Caliph of The Caliphate of Arabia. Caliph of the Islamic State of Arabia. Principle of The Principality of Chechnya. Grand Emir of The Emirate of The Caucus. Emperor of the Empire of Persia. Sultan of The Sultanates of Turkey and The Crimea. Czar of the Tsardom of The Balkans. Archon of The Archonate of Greece. Supreme Consul of The Consulate of Italy. Shah of The Shahdom Of Khorason

Who are the other two Welsh?! I thought I might be the only Sheep Shagger D:

Pwy wnaethe!

(Who dunnit?)

Edited by Rob Ap Ioan

Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest

Native American/American Indian/First Nations is not on the list.

1/4 Osage Native

1/4 Ottawa Native

1/4 Ashkenazi Jew

1/8 Swedish

1/8 German

I am a Native American-German Jew with a Scandinavian last name.

So for example:

If your father was born in Ireland. Is he Irish? What if he's protestant and all his ancestors were English? What if their ancestors were French migrants? It's an impossible thing to actually clarify.

I was born in Britain so I consider myself 100% British. Going back three generations my ancestors were born in Europe, Africa and Asia. I tick the white British box because I'm british and nobody looking at me would think anything different to white. Heritage is something idk why anyone would obsess over. I really don't. You are the country you live in, I don't understand the psychosis of tracking your 1/16 great grandfather from Swaziland and identifying that as part of your heritage when it has shit all to do with your personality.

☾☆

Priest of Dio

just because the Nazis did something doesn't mean it's automatically wrong

You are the country you live in, I don't understand the psychosis of tracking your 1/16 great grandfather from Swaziland and identifying that as part of your heritage when it has shit all to do with your personality.

I was born on the Osage reservation. Though I am a half-breed, my Native heritage has been a part of my upbringing. However due to my Father's heritage I was also raised around many Jewish relatives. Both cultures made for interesting conversations around the Thanksgiving table when both families met up. Tracing lineage is common among the tribes, to discover what history we have left. We are probably not going to be around due to the successful genocide put upon us for living in North America. So if you call that a psychosis, !@#$ off.

• Upvote 1

Is much more complex than that.

Of course it is. This is a pretty terrible poll to begin with.

However, there's no "American/Canadian/Latin American" 'ethnicity' outside of the Natives before colonialization.

We have to go by our European lineage. Such as Brazil being more Portuguese and the rest of Central/South American being more Spainish.

EDIT:

I'm a mutt, but I'm white. My family name originated from Scotland, however, so that's what I voted.

Again, not a good poll, but eh - still voted anyways.

Edited by Buorhann
  • Downvote 1

My mum is pale and she identifies Arab but looking at her she looks slightly European. This is probably because her family were nomads from Yemen who emigrated to Spain during the caliphate then to Sicily then settled in Eygpt in around 1800. My dad has a heavy tan because his family have lived in Saudi Arabia since 300 ad when Ethiopians invaded Yemen and led an exodus of the Jewish Arabs living there. My mum and dad are from the same tribe called the Tayy tribe from Baydah in Yemen. They were ruled by Hatim at tai who is a legend in South Asian literature.

Caliph of The Caliphate of Arabia. Caliph of the Islamic State of Arabia. Principle of The Principality of Chechnya. Grand Emir of The Emirate of The Caucus. Emperor of the Empire of Persia. Sultan of The Sultanates of Turkey and The Crimea. Czar of the Tsardom of The Balkans. Archon of The Archonate of Greece. Supreme Consul of The Consulate of Italy. Shah of The Shahdom Of Khorason

I was born on the Osage reservation. Though I am a half-breed, my Native heritage has been a part of my upbringing. However due to my Father's heritage I was also raised around many Jewish relatives. Both cultures made for interesting conversations around the Thanksgiving table when both families met up. Tracing lineage is common among the tribes, to discover what history we have left. We are probably not going to be around due to the successful genocide put upon us for living in North America. So if you call that a psychosis, !@#$ off.

I did say you are the country you're born in. In your case you were born in a native American region of America and so I'd say your nation is native American. If you have some Jewish influence good, I'm not sure whether "Jew" can be called an ethnicity in a meaningful way considering the vast differences between the different Jewish groups - sephardi, azkhenazi etc. It is a religious and cultural tradition though so you're native American with Jewish influences.

I take a little umbridge with Americans who call themselves Irish or Scottish or whatever because their great great grandparents came from there or whatever. It's just laughable.

Abu is your father salafist?

☾☆

Priest of Dio

No but my uncles are

I take a little umbridge with Americans who call themselves Irish or Scottish or whatever because their great great grandparents came from there or whatever. It's just laughable.

Your English arrogance is showing...

• Downvote 1

I did say you are the country you're born in. In your case you were born in a native American region of America and so I'd say your nation is native American. If you have some Jewish influence good, I'm not sure whether "Jew" can be called an ethnicity in a meaningful way considering the vast differences between the different Jewish groups - sephardi, azkhenazi etc. It is a religious and cultural tradition though so you're native American with Jewish influences.

Abu is your father salafist?

Jewishness is also genetic too. Tests of Ashkenazi, Sepharidim, and Mizrahi have shown common ancestry from an original Middle Eastern population- hence why racism against Jews has traditionally been known as anti-Semitism.

Edited by MRBOOTY

MR BOOTY IN DA HOUSE

All people with blue eyes have a common ancestor, that doesn't make blue eyed people an ethnic group. Considering say Iranian Jews and azkhenazi Jews didn't have anything in common except religion, I think it's somewhat erroneous to treat Jewishness as an ethnic group, especially since there are actual black Jews, Chinese Jews etc who are clearly not the same ethnic group as white East European Jews. Either that or black people who live in England can call themselves ethnically English.

My ancestors are a mix of Scottish and Irish, with a bit of south African (ambiguous) and Indian. My family lives in the Americas, Europe, Asia and Oceania now. I don't think there's anyone left in Africa but there were people there. My own partner isn't the same ethnic group as me. But it's about where you're born really, especially if you're just generic mixed European.

☾☆

Priest of Dio

Actually as Judaism is a Semitic religion which means you are born into it. So all Jews have a common ancestor