11/19/2015 - More Minor Improvements

Alex

• Administrators

Hey all, I thought I'd do a few things because I've been busy lately and will be pretty busy all next week. Here's what I've done for you:

• I believe I've fixed the login bonus bug, so that shouldn't be getting reported anymore (ideally)
  • I've fixed up alliance page buttons on mobile view, so you won't all hate me for what I did (I hope)
  • I've added an alliance acronym field to your alliance edit page, so you can put in an up to 10 character acronym that will be searchable on the alliances page
  • I've added a row to the Basic Information table on alliance pages that just has your alliance name, and acronym in parentheses
  • On the test server, I've cleaned out all messages, activity records, and most nations (if you've been active in the last 4 days, you were spared) I also took away everyone's extra cities, so you should all have one, and I gave everyone a set amount of resources, infrastructure and land. I was too lazy to equalize some things like projects and city improvements, but it's the test server, so it doesn't really matter
  • If you'd like to sign up to use the test server, you now can. The registration page will allow you to create an account (still doesn't send e-mails, but it just pops up with your password now)

That's it. As for why I bothered cleaning out the test server, it'll improve performance and also make things easier to test with a select group of nations that are closer to the same size and range. We might be testing some stuff with resources and the market, so ideally an environment where nations are producing and trading resources will be easier to work with.

That's all for tonight, thanks everyone!

• Upvote 6

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

• Administrators

Edit: Also, thanks for fixing Alliances buttons on mobile, really helpful.

You're welcome! I know they were pretty bad before. I'd really like to optimize the game and make it easy to play on mobile, so this is a good step forward.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

I might feel stupid after asking this, but is there a way for someone to take the leader position of an alliance because there is no leader. For example, I am currently a member of GPA on the test server, along with one other person, but nobody has a leadership position. Is there a way for me to become leader without leaving and creating a new alliance?

• I've added an alliance acronym field to your alliance edit page, so you can put in an up to 10 character acronym that will be searchable on the alliances page

Now we have to figure out how to abbreviate Alpha, I don't suppose the greek alphabet is in the allowable characters?

You're welcome! I know they were pretty bad before. I'd really like to optimize the game and make it easy to play on mobile, so this is a good step forward.

Honestly, the game is pretty darn mobile friendly already. The menus and rest of the interface handle really well, and all the text seems to stays readable without the need for zoom, for me at least.

• Upvote 4

Alliance Name:

Mensa HQ (Dio)

RyanRenolyds-SlySmile.gif

☾☆

Priest of Dio

º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¸ GOD EMPEROR DIO BRANDO¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¸ DIO BRANDO GOD EMPEROR¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸

6m0xPQ1.gif

How do you sign up for test server?

It's a useful mental exercise. Through the years, many thinkers have been fascinated by it. But I don't enjoy playing. It was a game that was born during a brutal age when life counted for little. Everyone believed that some people were worth more than others. Kings. Pawns. I don't think that anyone is worth more than anyone else. Chess is just a game. Real people are not pieces. You can't assign more value to some of them and not others. Not to me. Not to anyone. People are not a thing that you can sacrifice. The lesson is, if anyone who looks on to the world as if it was a game of chess, deserves to lose.

Where is the test server?

It's a useful mental exercise. Through the years, many thinkers have been fascinated by it. But I don't enjoy playing. It was a game that was born during a brutal age when life counted for little. Everyone believed that some people were worth more than others. Kings. Pawns. I don't think that anyone is worth more than anyone else. Chess is just a game. Real people are not pieces. You can't assign more value to some of them and not others. Not to me. Not to anyone. People are not a thing that you can sacrifice. The lesson is, if anyone who looks on to the world as if it was a game of chess, deserves to lose.

• Administrators

^ this :)

Also, we have a test server?

Yes, it's at http://test.politicsandwar.com/

If you've never been there before, or not within the last few days, you'll have to create a new account.

I'll make it so the acronym doesn't show up if it's not set in the next patch.

Forums Rules | Game Link

• Jax locked this topic