A return to US isolationism?

Caecus

My opinion is no. 

It's a useful mental exercise. Through the years, many thinkers have been fascinated by it. But I don't enjoy playing. It was a game that was born during a brutal age when life counted for little. Everyone believed that some people were worth more than others. Kings. Pawns. I don't think that anyone is worth more than anyone else. Chess is just a game. Real people are not pieces. You can't assign more value to some of them and not others. Not to me. Not to anyone. People are not a thing that you can sacrifice. The lesson is, if anyone who looks on to the world as if it was a game of chess, deserves to lose.

It's not really the U.S.A thats isolating itself, its the other way around; The World is isolating the U.S.A. Not many people in this world think very great of U.S.A

Most people probably think it's a warmongerous and "imperialistic" country.

It's not really the U.S.A thats isolating itself, its the other way around; The World is isolating the U.S.A. Not many people in this world think very great of U.S.A

Most people probably think it's a warmongerous and "imperialistic" country.

It. An warmongerous and imperalistic country

Nuff said

Signed by Sultan Moreau

UqIjjeQ.jpg

It. An warmongerous and imperalistic country

Nuff said

Well yeah, no denying that. I mean; if you look at Iraq, Korean War, Vietnam War, ect. Not all of them were very successful wars, both socially and economically. The problem with it is the fact people rather go to war first, instead of doing a diplomatic solution. War should be a last resort, in all cases.

Well yeah, no denying that. I mean; if you look at Iraq, Korean War, Vietnam War, ect. Not all of them were very successful wars, both socially and economically. The problem with it is the fact people rather go to war first, instead of doing a diplomatic solution. War should be a last resort, in all cases.

It's like you are surprised that America is aggressive. The US has a long standing history of using military force. Even American culture is like that, though we don't really think of it as militarism or aggression. Cowboys versus Indians, for example. 

I would, however, disagree that the US is exceptionally aggressive, or more aggressive for its time. The United States always had a security dilemma, same with the Soviet Union. Soviet occupation of Eastern Europe, the Afghanistan invasion, supporting of bloody military coups to install favorable governments in nearby countries, that's not something unique only to the US. The only instance of exceptional aggression was with the Saddam regime, and even then, I would just call that being stupid. What the Bush administration should have done is made Saddam look at the imminent danger, make him pay for the troops out on the field, and then send our troops back home without a fuss. Even dictators tend to be more willing to talk when threatened with complete and utter annihilation. 

It's a useful mental exercise. Through the years, many thinkers have been fascinated by it. But I don't enjoy playing. It was a game that was born during a brutal age when life counted for little. Everyone believed that some people were worth more than others. Kings. Pawns. I don't think that anyone is worth more than anyone else. Chess is just a game. Real people are not pieces. You can't assign more value to some of them and not others. Not to me. Not to anyone. People are not a thing that you can sacrifice. The lesson is, if anyone who looks on to the world as if it was a game of chess, deserves to lose.

All empires fall. The US is no exception. A return to a more neutral global role wouldn't be so bad. Preferably before we piss off half the planet, but whatever. On the other hand, much of the world relies on the US not being neutral. We put ourselves in this position during WW2 and retreating from it could actually do a lot of harm. 

*shrugs*

We should definitely stop attacking nations for no reason though.

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

<Jroc> I heard \ is an anagram of cocaine
<\> I can't be rearranged into a line, I already am a line.

--Foxburo Wiki--

>Korean War

>not socially and economically successful

>completely ignores the progress of South Korea and it's sphere of influence in the area

>earlier states that nations are isolating themselves from America

Yeah, I'm going to go ahead and presume you don't know what you're talking about.

EDIT:

"The problem with it is the fact people would rather go to war first"

Yeah, I like seeing us at war in Ukraine, Syria, Libya, Egypt, and Georgia.  Oh wait...

Edited by Buorhann
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

>Korean War

>completely ignores the progress of South Korea and it's sphere of influence in the area

Yeah, I'm going to go ahead and presume you don't know what you're talking about.

EDIT:

Yeah, I like seeing us at war in Ukraine, Syria, Libya, Egypt, and Georgia.  Oh wait...

We are at war in Syria.

• Upvote 1

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

--Foxburo Wiki--

Other than special forces training rebels, you have a source providing anything else?

Not technically.

More of a proxy war.

Have you all not realized we are at war with ISIL?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_intervention_against_ISIL

Do airstrikes not count as warfare to you guys?

• Upvote 1

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

--Foxburo Wiki--

I think somebody made a mistake there. 

Bahrain
Qatar
Saudi Arabia
Turkey
United Arab Emirates

Should be listed on the other side. 

Bahrain
Qatar
Saudi Arabia
Turkey
United Arab Emirates

More like they should be placed in their own category of playing both sides.

#RemoveTurkeyFromNATO

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

--Foxburo Wiki--

Bahrain
Qatar
Saudi Arabia
Turkey
United Arab Emirates

Tbh, they should just be chucked in a third column for people trying to play both sides. Certainly, most of them got interests on both sides.

edit: And of course someone posts the exact same thing right as I;m typing :P

Edited by Director
  • Upvote 1

http://7kingdoms.net/skrp/

^Forum based nation building RP. You should join it^

You mean airstrikes in Iraq?

• Downvote 1

You mean airstrikes in Iraq?

And Syria?....  :rolleyes:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American-led_intervention_in_Syria

Edited by Fox Fire

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

--Foxburo Wiki--

We haven't formally declared war on Daesh.

But we are, you're right Fox Fire.

We haven't formally declared war since WW2.

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

--Foxburo Wiki--

>Korean War

EDIT:

The Korean war wasn't successful, if it was Successful, you wouldn't have a country called "DPRK" aka North Korea with a rouge government.

Don't say I don't understand anything, everything the U.S.A has done in the past 70 years, haven't been postive. Look at all the damage it has caused, all the unstable governments, all of the power Vacums

Soon to be Syria, aswell, at this rate.

Edited by Francisco Franco Bah
  • Upvote 1

The Korean war wasn't successful, if it was Successful, you wouldn't have a country called "DPRK" aka North Korea with a rouge government.

May want to re-read history and go over policies taken during that conflict.  Specifically the containment bit.

Don't say I don't understand anything, everything the U.S.A has done in the past 70 years, haven't been postive. Look at all the damage it has caused, all the unstable governments, all of the power Vacums

Soon to be Syria, aswell, at this rate.

70 years you say?

So I guess the end result of the Cold War wasn't positive - which, you know, didn't involve atomic weaponry being used.  Or the containment of Communism.  Or the rapid increase of technology due to being a brain drain nation.

Man, I could go on with 70 years here.  That's a pretty large chunk of history in there.

Yeah, I'll stick with my stance on you not knowing anything.  You're reacting over a few mistakes ( 2nd Iraq War mainly, maybe the Vietnam War depending how you look at it ).

• Downvote 1

The Korean War served its purpose in thatthat it gave the US government a war in which it could send the excess soldiers from WWII, remaining in the service. Without a war to send them to they would have returned to the US without jobs and possessing the ability to kill. TheThe Korean War kept them out of polite US society.

Happens to all Empires, no hard feelings. Time for the Russian Federation to rise.

NBdiZml.png

In all honesty I think Russia and the USA have both had their day, I think China could be the next superpower. China has influence in large parts of Africa, is gaining power and influence in the West and doesn't care who or what stands in it's way. India has Pakistan to deal with so I think their growth will be shackled but who is there to stand against China?

Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest

The Korean War served its purpose in thatthat it gave the US government a war in which it could send the excess soldiers from WWII, remaining in the service. Without a war to send them to they would have returned to the US without jobs and possessing the ability to kill. TheThe Korean War kept them out of polite US society.

lol. Wat? So you're telling me the vast majority returned to the US and most people sent to Korea didn't even serve in WW2, but your comment still makes some kind of sense? 

The &#33;@#&#036; you smoking?

• Upvote 1

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

--Foxburo Wiki--

lol. Wat? So you're telling me the vast majority returned to the US and most people sent to Korea didn't even serve in WW2, but your comment still makes some kind of sense?

The !@#$ you smoking?

My new drug, Stupifyer.

• Upvote 1

PoJQyFJ.gif