11/9/2015 - Minor Improvements

Alex

• Administrators

Good news, everyone! I've got a bunch of little changes you should like. I'll just list them out here for your convenience.

• Alliances can now have background images! One alliance has taken advantage of this already. The best part is, this isn't even a new donation option; it's being lumped in with the Alliance Anthem purchase. So if you already unlocked an alliance anthem, you have the option to set a background as well. Or you can purchase the combo at the same price you would've only gotten the anthem for previously. The option is available on the Donate page. Officers+ can request a new anthem/background for your alliance.
  • I've done some optimization that should help with hourly downtime. You should only see the P&W Server Temporarily Down page at the top of every even numbered hour (server time) and you should still be able to access a majority of game pages even when that's happening (like messages, or your revenue page.)
  • The ability to edit alliance announcements is here! I know, you've been waiting for forever, but the time has finally come. Enjoy this long awaited change! I also replaced the ugly links for pinning and deleting announcements with buttons.
  • Speaking of buttons, alliance page buttons have gotten a makeover to match nation page buttons! Yippee!
  • Lastly, I added a new API page for nations. It provides some general information in JSON for all nations in the game, including their latitude and longitude, so you could theoretically take them all and throw them into Google Maps or some other ridiculous things. https://politicsandwar.com/api/nations/

Enjoy! Also, I realize some things are not quite perfect (the turn optimization hasn't been tested thoroughly, I apologize if it isn't quite fixed yet, and I know alliance buttons aren't perfect on the mobile view right now.)

• Upvote 5

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

• Administrators

I see no difference.

I posted the wrong link on accident. This is the correct link for demo-ing alliance backgrounds: https://politicsandwar.com/alliance/id=1742

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

• Administrators

Yay <3

What's the link to the all nations API page?

Whoops! I neglected to throw that in there, huh? It's https://politicsandwar.com/api/nations/

Forums Rules | Game Link

Hey Sheepy, seems like that \m/ bull shit is causing issues with the nations API.

Is is bad that I'm really exited about this tool?

[22:37:51] <&Yosodog> Problem is, everyone is too busy deciding which top gun character they are that no decision has been made

BK in a nutshell

You really need to look at alliance pages on mobile, do some mobile testing for God's sake it's not hard, they're completely &#33;@#&#036;ed. There's tons of pages that I've said time n time again are ridiculous on mobile as they have a huge left image and loads of text squashed into a narrow column making the pages super long.

• Upvote 3
T7Vrilp.png

• Administrators

You really need to look at alliance pages on mobile, do some mobile testing for God's sake it's not hard, they're completely &#33;@#&#036;ed. There's tons of pages that I've said time n time again are ridiculous on mobile as they have a huge left image and loads of text squashed into a narrow column making the pages super long.

I did mention in my OP that I knew the buttons weren't working very well on mobile :P I'm working on a better fix for that.

Forums Rules | Game Link

• Administrators

You know, I went back and made that page a lot better, just for you ;)

Forums Rules | Game Link

You know, I went back and made that page a lot better, just for you ;)

Great, next up, improvements and military on mobile.

Edit: ok I take that great back I'm afraid. The buttons are too big now, and you've hidden a load of useful info. As a rule you should avoid gving people a worse experience on mobile by hiding stuff. (I know this has Changed since we last spoke), if you want more room it's better to collapse stuff than hide it. Maybe make the pods collapsible. Many people use the game primarily on mobile, not having access to important info is bad. Also the flag is too big for my screen and adds a horizontal scroll. To test the best way is to go into element inspector on chrome n click the little mobile icon top left, you can then use the drop down to try different phones.

Edited by Phiney
  • Upvote 1
T7Vrilp.png

Sheepy! Get the goddamn app made for these poor fellas who don't have access to laptops or computer. Find someone, pay them to make the app, publish it.

I have a laptop but I mostly browse P&W on my phone. It's a very simple low maintenance game so a PC or laptop isn't really needed except for the heavy spreadsheet work alliance leaders use.

I think a really slick app would make the game appealing to a much bigger audience and could really help to grow the game fast.

• Upvote 3

☾☆

Priest of Dio

just because the Nazis did something doesn't mean it's automatically wrong

Do an API for trades and I'd love you so much. Of course don't let people act on it, but automatic market updates would be so much better.

BTW Sheepy, if you want to do an app for P&W, drop me a PM. Would be easy if the API is set up.

• Upvote 1

Do an API for trades and I'd love you so much. Of course don't let people act on it, but automatic market updates would be so much better.

BTW Sheepy, if you want to do an app for P&W, drop me a PM. Would be easy if the API is set up.

An app maker? Where have you been? We've been looking for your type for years!

Edited by C Temple

LTcxGHN.jpg

• Jax locked this topic