What are you reading?

Belisarius

I'm currently reading "The Expanse" sci-fi series, written by James S.A. Corey (actually two different guys). It's a fun series, very popcorny and thrilling. I'm currently on the third book:

16131415.jpg

So far, so good!

http://i.imgur.com/K3xCRAP.png

The Case Against Democracy by David Harsanyi.

It's been a very good read. I'm only about 70 pages in, but it has really opened my eyes to just how...stupid American politics is. Like how opinions change (on both parties) depending on who's in office, or how so many voters only vote the way they do because it's just what they're use to. Or, worst of all, how they don't even know what most things even mean, but will still support one thing over another for no real reason.

• Upvote 4

new_forum_sig_2.png

Currently reading:

The Martian (Andy Weir)

Surprisingly scientifically accurate.

And:

From Third World to First (Lee Kuan Yew GCMG)

I might not agree with some of his views (like on welfare, human rights, freedom of expression, taxes, and the wealthy), it still is an interesting read though.

• Upvote 2

<&Partisan> EAT THE SHIT

<blacklabel> lol @ ever caring about how much you matter in some dumbass nation simulation browser game. what a !@#$in pathetic waste of life

iZHAsgV.png

The Camulod Chronicles by Jack Whyte. Its a pretty cool historical fiction series that is a writen in fhe first person. The historical timeline is around the time of the Roman withdraw from Britian. The fictional portion is the legend of how King Arthur came about and how the ties actually make him the true king of Britian. Pretty cool stuff.

X4EfkAB.png

The Grand Chessboard by Zbiginiew Brzezinski. It discusses Geopolitical Imperatives for American Primacy and the dangers involved. Quite interesting.
I am also re-reading Qabalah, Qlipoth and Goetic Magic by Thomas Karlsson as a refresher.

1. The Warren Buffett Philosophy of Investment.(A little over three-fourths finished.)

2. ISIS: Inside the army of terror.(Finished today)

3. A book that was assigned to me from my Literature teacher titled, Siddartha. <_<(Beginning of part two.)

4. The next books on my list include The house of morgan, Stress Test: Reflections on financial crises, and The Outsiders: Eight unconventional CEOs and their radically rational blueprint for success.

Edited by AdvancedWarfare
  • Upvote 2

https://i.imgur.com/Jg0gWBo.mp4

You're actually reading this?

"Trade-ever trade and the increasing of their fortunes- seems to have occupied their minds above all else."[/center]

Toll the Hounds by Steven Erikson. Book 8 of the Malazan Book of the Fallen series, a little slow so far, but plenty of promising threads laid out.

Great series.

So far the thread hasn't fallen into the trap of "list the most pretentious book I've read to gain epeen" which is impressive.

I'm reading a book called Luna by Ian McDonald. I read The Dervish House by him last year (as it won awards etc) and it was ok. This also seems OK. If it doesn't improve I probably won't risk buying a third.

☾☆

Priest of Dio

just because the Nazis did something doesn't mean it's automatically wrong