World UFO Day

When I was 3-4 years old I was sitting down next to my mom and sister.
my mom had to go take a shower so my sister was taking care of me
she left to go watch t.v.
out of nowhere I heard my dad's voice saying he was home and heard him talking to my mom as if through the bathroom's window
I went to the door and opened it expecting my dad to be there
I heard my dad's voice at the bottom of the stairs saying to come down I'm around the corner
he wasn't there and my sister comes over mad, and drags me back in
next I hear the same thing with my brother
at this point my mom is out and comes over with my sister and they both call my dad and brother
the school says I'm brother is in SAT prep in the study hall
my dad is all the way in Fullerton at work, (I'm hollywood so at 2pm that's an hour drive)
we sit down and they give me a bit of soda thinking I'm acting up because I wanted it. I don't want it and tell them to let my brother and dad in.
we start hearing metallic sounds coming from the heater.
LordStrum >inb4 dinosaur
My sister and mom ignore them. "It's just recycling/the old pipes/heater"
Eventually the sound is like someone is stomping on it and there's just not enough aluminum cans in the back to make that sound.
My mom walks around the parking space and garage.
My sister checks the roof and they find nothing. Eventually the sound gets so loud to the point where it's like being inside a car crusher.
That's when we see a gold/white orb outside the window
it circles all the windows
and eventually comes in through my parents' bedroom window and floats in front of us for a few seconds and then flashes and flies out the window
we're all scared !@#$ less and my mom decides to go to church that day because of it
my brother comes back and my sister leaves (I forget why)
then my dad comes back and when he comes back we hear metallic sounds again and a couple of the clocks at home are alittle slow (20 minutes), but other than that it stops

There's mine.

It does sound like ball lightning to some people. To those that believe, it's more like an intelligent orb.

Edited by Shifty Stranger

I don't have a personal story, but I do hold to the idea that the size of the universe is good enough reason to suspect that intelligent life exists.

Well UFOs aren't exclusively ET. They also included military test craft. Which can lead to the discussion of how advanced do you think the top Air Forces are?

Well UFOs aren't exclusively ET. They also included military test craft. Which can lead to the discussion of how advanced do you think the top Air Forces are?

That's a nice way to pick up the conversation.

The U.S. Air Force is probably more years ahead than what we perceive them to be. Especially because their mission statement (or something like that) has been expanded to include dominating space. I mean, aren't they experimenting with what's essentially a spacefighter? I can't think of it's name at the moment though.

I know Area 51 was used for testing, housing, and building experimental aircraft, which was relevant to the Cold War.

• Upvote 1

new_forum_sig_2.png

The U.S. Air Force is probably more years ahead than what we perceive them to be. Especially because their mission statement (or something like that) has been expanded to include dominating space. I mean, aren't they experimenting with what's essentially a spacefighter? I can't think of it's name at the moment though.

The X-37B is more like an unmanned space shuttle, but they probably have a lot of things that we won't learn about for 10-30 years. I could be wrong though, post-cold war defense cuts might mean that terrestrial UFO's are a rare thing now.

The X-37B is more like an unmanned space shuttle, but they probably have a lot of things that we won't learn about for 10-30 years. I could be wrong though, post-cold war defense cuts might mean that terrestrial UFO's are a rare thing now.

>mfw you will never pilot a spacefighter and defeat an alien invasion of Earth

Feels bad man :(

• Upvote 1

new_forum_sig_2.png

UFO?

The 1st one who invent it is From Reich Germany

http://www.roswellufomuseum.com/research/ufotopics/naziufocrash.html

I guess without adding it into modern science fiction, there would be no cover up of space domination and space research.

Edited by Arthur James

That's a nice way to pick up the conversation.

I know Area 51 was used for testing, housing, and building experimental aircraft, which was relevant to the Cold War.

Things that are out of pure R/D and have a working test model are generally known about even if exact specifications are held at a higher level.

We do have working, although not perfected, hypersonic missiles and militarily relevant lasers if that is sci-fi enough for you guys.

-signature removed for rules violation-

Once, I was walking down to a pond on my mom's property. It was raining pretty hard. Then out of nowhere, there was this huge white flash. It was lightning. 

Also, once I was at a park and I couldn't tell if this one kid was flying a remote control plane or helicopter. It was unidentified to me and it was a flying object. 

• Upvote 1

NODOLsmall.png.a7aa9c0a05fa266425cd7e83d8ccb3dd.png

Argument from ignorance - A well known psychological condition of the human experience. For some reason humans do not like not knowing the answer to things so we have to make up really easy to understand explanation. You are basically going from a statement of Ignorance - Unidentified Flying Object to a statement of certainty - Aliens.

Why aren't UFO sightings higher among astronomers, who are always looking up at the sky, then your average joe?

We also know through empirical evidence that the worst type of evidence is eye witness testimony. Human perception is full of way to get things wrong. So far that is the only evidence of UFOs.

I'm not saying we haven't been visited, I am saying the evidence to this point that has been brought forward does not satisfy the standard of proof needed that any scientist would require for any other claim you walk into the lab with.

Edited by Hysteria

☾☆

Priest of Dio

Dio-wryyy.gif

º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¸ GOD EMPEROR DIO BRANDO¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¸ DIO BRANDO GOD EMPEROR¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸

Argument from ignorance - A well known psychological condition of the human experience. For some reason humans do not like not knowing the answer to things so we have to make up really easy to understand explanation.

I'm not so sure you're right about that. If we didn't like knowing the answers to things, we would not experience curiosity and we simply wouldn't question anything. But that's not the case, I'd say almost everyone feels a drive to figure something out or learn the answer to something, and if we hadn't liked knowing the answers to things, how would science, philosophy, ethics, etc. have progressed as far as they have, or at all?

They wouldn't have, we'd just be living on a placid island of ignorance with the same ideas and technology we started out with.

Humans strive to seek answers, we're just really good at getting things wrong, and we have a tendency to put far too much emphasis on our own subjective view of reality.

• Upvote 1

orwell_s_1984_oceania_s_currency_by_dungsc127_d97k1zt-fullview.jpg.9994c8f495b96849443aa0defa8730be.jpg

• 1 month later...

Pattern recognition false positives can really mess up a persons life. They see something once and their brain interprets it a certain way and so they believe in this false data forever. It colours everything.

The worst part is this can apply to UFO believers AND UFO non-believers alike. Currently there is no good way to prove either side correct. 

Basically I feel bad for everyone having this 'debate'

Here's mine. It was a normal day like any other so I decided to watch a movie. Started like half way through the movie there were UFOs everywhere and they were invading the planet. Luckily Will Smith blew up the mothership and everything was ok after that. The end