Orbis Resource Union.

Prefontaine

I undercut by 10-150 depending on the resource.  Willing to give up a bit to get the cash sooner and not bother with undercutting wars.  I hope that's alright.  And if it's not... well, I don't care.

Also, that Mensa guy who said you're stupid is correct.

Edited by Ashland

aUel2fG.png

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[10:47] you used to be the voice of irc

I have had a few pricing battles with members. I usually post a price, get undercut, undercut them and so on. The price goes down a few hundred and then I buy theirs and put my higher priced stuff back up.

A fixed rate market has been established already, you just need to be in the right crew!

Ewww I posted after !@#$

Terrible idea, would not spons. Let the market sort itself out, let supply meet demand and all shall be well. 

Dio-wryyy.gif

º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¸ GOD EMPEROR DIO BRANDO¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¸ DIO BRANDO GOD EMPEROR¨°º¤ø„¸

¨°º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸

Meh, if someone is within $10 PPU of something I want, I'll just pick the alliance or nation I like best.  The $1 undercut only works if people really care about $1 a unit.  I don't.  Plus most alliances keep a lot of trading in-house.

With that said, I like the fun challenge and competition of the markets.  And ultimately, the only time you get orders filled en masse is when there is a price shift and some person is buying 100's of units.  All other times it's just price cutting back and forth with no actual sales taking place.

Also if you don't want to keep being undercut - then make your buy/sell $50 below the next one.  Don't be greedy, and you won't have issues with active traders.  When you undercut by $1, expect to be reundercut - b/c a $2 price change is no different when you are talking $2000 a unit.

Edited by Placentica

Meh, if someone is within $10 PPU of something I want, I'll just pick the alliance or nation I like best.  The $1 undercut only works if people really care about $1 a unit.  I don't.  Plus most alliances keep a lot of trading in-house.

With that said, I like the fun challenge and competition of the markets.  And ultimately, the only time you get orders filled en masse is when there is a price shift and some person is buying 100's of units.  All other times it's just price cutting back and forth with no actual sales taking place.

Also if you don't want to keep being undercut - then make your buy/sell $50 below the next one.  Don't be greedy, and you won't have issues with active traders.  When you undercut by $1, expect to be reundercut - b/c a $2 price change is no different when you are talking $2000 a unit.

This.

Food is likely the only resource that a 1 PPU change has any sort of massive effect. I'll pay a min of 10% more for allies resources before I'd go for even people I have no opinion on.

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

this is probably the best strategy against undercutting ive seen used to date. you have to find the balance between making it not worth a trader's effort to trade on thin margin, but not make it so that you priced yourself so low that the trader just ends up buying it themselves and relisting it after supplying it's own margin.

this is assuming that you simply dont want the trader/undercutter to be buying your units for resale. if you want to move your wares fast price them low and they will sell pretty quick, or sell to the buy market which a lot of times is within 5-8% of the sell price during normal peace time operations

im still willing to give this idea a fair chance but im confident it will fail due to the logistics, the scale of the project, or the natural balance a market inevitably finds with natural supply/demand forces. while it is nice as a conceptual idea, i feel there are too many sources of production to feasibly control the supply on this global scale in practice

Wasn't that Aamir of New India? I thought he got rolled for raiding, not market annoyance.

Wait...that guy? Lol he really sucked. Borrowed money from an alliance bank, refused to pay them back, came to my alliance, tried to steal my alliance bank, kicked him out :)

Proud Canadian, Proud Ontarian

OZFC3Z0.jpg

If you understand markets, this is how markets work. You have prices that are intended to respond to price fluctuations or sudden bumps in demand, while at the same time you have prices that are intended to get the stock moving ASAP.

See Ford, for instance. He was pretty smart to leave a troll trade offer at ridiculous values, meaning that he managed to benefit when someone with an infinite money exploit bought his resources. He loses relatively little (outside the fact that he got reset) and has a potentially huge upside.

===

If someone is undercutting and you don't like it, what you ought to do is not to sanction them, but actually buy out their undercutting trade offer. They get money, of course, but you don't lose much money and you push up the asking price back to the previous value.

i produce 10117,63 resources per day (different kinds of resources like food steel alum you get the point) and i always undercut  by 1$  and i do check the market alot like 10 times a day if my resources dont sell i will still undercut everyone but im not sure what can be done about that unless you give peeps some monetary compensation for it or you start a giant resource trading company where peeps buy and sell their resources from 

but what is that talk about an undercut bot :D i want me some of that :D

tumblr_n08c8brOmX1sk379io6_250.gif

Going for top nation