Ads

Kastor (Old Account)

Um....?

"That ain't Cologne, that's the smell of success."

17:00 <•Sheepy> I don't want you to leave the game

19:20 <•Pubstomber>:

Man, I really wish Rose had allied BoC a couple months ago when we had the chance instead of picking Vanguard.

Um? Is right. WTF was the point of this?

Edited by Fox Fire

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

<Jroc> I heard \ is an anagram of cocaine
<\> I can't be rearranged into a line, I already am a line.

--Foxburo Wiki--

It's not weird that Sheepy may want to monetize the site with ads. Why shouldn't he maximize revenue? In any case, obtrusive ads may deter players from the game. It's a fine line, but it's the reality of the web today. 

Edited by Belisarius
  • Upvote 1
http://i.imgur.com/K3xCRAP.png

Buy North Oman oil today! It's the only oil that can be used as superglue, laundry detergent, gunpowder, and soda! All for $19.95!* But wait there's more! If you order your own barrel of North Oman oil in the next ten minutes, we will double your offer! That's two barrels for the price of one! Call message now! 

mzHZvhY.png?1

*Estimated actual cost is $40 with shipping and handling. 

• Upvote 4

NODOLsmall.png.a7aa9c0a05fa266425cd7e83d8ccb3dd.png

• Administrators

It's not weird that Sheepy may want to monetize the site with ads. Why shouldn't he maximize revenue? In any case, obtrusive ads may deter players from the game. It's a fine line, but it's the reality of the web today. 

The only advertisements in the game is one little banner ad at the bottom of the page that brings in ~$nothing.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

fyi, it isn't spam, I was on my phone and was using the option to import it. It just didn't import.

"That ain't Cologne, that's the smell of success."

17:00 <•Sheepy> I don't want you to leave the game

19:20 <•Pubstomber>:

Man, I really wish Rose had allied BoC a couple months ago when we had the chance instead of picking Vanguard.

• Wiki Mod

The only advertisements in the game is one little banner ad at the bottom of the page that brings in ~$nothing.

So I shouldn't feel bad about having ad block on. Good to know.

23:38 Skable that's why we don't want Rose involved, so we can take the m all for ourselves

23:39 [] but Mensa is the cute girl at the school dance and she's only dancing with us right now to get our friend jealous

23:39 [] If Rose comes in and gives Mensa what she wants, she'll just toss us aside and forget we ever existed

23:39 zombie_lanae yeah I do hope we can keep having them all to ourselves

23:40 zombie_lanae I know it's selfish but I want all their love

6:55 PM <+Isolatar> Praise Dio

Pubstomper|BNC [20:01:55] Rose wouldn't plan a hit on Mensa because it would be &#33;@#&#036;ing stupid

If it brings in no money perhaps you should switch it to an impression based model?

• Administrators

If it brings in no money perhaps you should switch it to an impression based model?

It's both impressions + clicks, but impressions pay out very, very little.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

• Administrators

When I refresh my nation page I get a pop-up of Verizon fios internet....

A pop-up? There are no pop-up ads on the site, it might be some add-on, your ISP, or a virus?

Forums Rules | Game Link

>not using adblock

the internet should be ad-free

if it isn't even bringing in any money why litter the site with it?

Because presumably it is bringing in *some* money? 

Perhaps we could do a "book of the month club" with Sheepy using an Amazon ref link ;-) 

>not using adblock

the internet should be ad-free

if it isn't even bringing in any money why litter the site with it?

I know, right? 

But then how would stuff stay free without pay to win? I'm actually interested in this, so I'll do the math for Bloc... Soon. 

Better than nothing, I guess. 

NODOLsmall.png.a7aa9c0a05fa266425cd7e83d8ccb3dd.png