Nations Exploiting Infrastructure to Hold a Lower Nation Score

Dwemyrn

So I've seen a couple Nations on here, I want directly point fingers, who have an infrastructure of 0.01 or 0.05 yet they still have a crap ton of soldiers, tanks, aircraft, and ships. I'm wondering how is it even possible for them to have these if they don't have the infrastructure to house these military machinery. I think it exploits the game to an unfair advantage and is a technical cheat and/or technically cheating with the exploit.

• Upvote 1

:wub: -removed by thor- :wub:

They bought the infra, then the improvements, then the soldiers, and the finally they sold all of them leaving the soldiers alone, standing on a pristine ruin of their homes.

Yeah, there should be some kind of a decay rate when someone has more stuff than what their existing improvements can hold

UedhRvY.png

I agree, Sheepy should put a stop to this.

Yeah, with a population of 10 how do they have 3000 soldiers?

This just dosen't make sense, even if they had successfully received those orders

Your raps suck more cock then you do.

All anyone ever says is boo.

Stop raping all the god damn time.

If you wanna crack bad jokes, go to vine.

And, take snoop outta your avatar,

Cause with him there, you go to far.

• Upvote 2

"That ain't Cologne, that's the smell of success."

17:00 <•Sheepy> I don't want you to leave the game

19:20 <•Pubstomber>:

Man, I really wish Rose had allied BoC a couple months ago when we had the chance instead of picking Vanguard.

Your raps suck more !@#$ then you do.

While we're on the subject of things Sheepy should put a stop to...
  • Upvote 1
xzhPlEh.png?1

While we're on the subject of things Sheepy should put a stop to...

Yes, this must come to an end.

Edited by TsarNicholasII
  • Upvote 5

His Imperial Majesty, Tsar Nicholas II

The Emperor and Autocrat of All the Russias

politicsandwar.com/nation/id=4918

ehhEjM9.jpg

Shouldn't you join an alliance or something? 

And not get mad at me for bumping?

It appears that you've barely posted anything and your grammar is horrible

And dissing someone actually adding something to the forums is deplorable

I'm the best (and only...) rapper on Orbis don't you get that mixed up

And learn how to spell in English you chump

• Upvote 1

MR BOOTY IN DA HOUSE

I actually laughed incredibly hard at this.

aUel2fG.png

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[10:47] you used to be the voice of irc

• Administrators

Just keep on spying on Princess Bubble Gum until she is dead. The bug is fixed basically so their is no reason to add a mechanic for a past-issue,

This is correct. The mechanics don't allow you to sell all your infrastructure, but they did temporarily due to a bug that I created.

• Upvote 2

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

This is correct. The mechanics don't allow you to sell all your infrastructure, but they did temporarily due to a bug that I created.

Why don't you just reset the players who are continuing to exploit this bug?

"It's hard to be a team player when you're omnipotent." - Q

• Administrators

Why don't you just reset the players who are continuing to exploit this bug?

They're not continuing to exploit the bug, persay. They're situation is a product of a bug that I created, not that they necessarily did anything wrong. To punish them for something that I've done wouldn't be right.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

A bug allowed these nations to put themselves into a position they would not have been able to be in without the bug. That position gives them an undue advantage over other nations at their score level. Even if that advantage is only temporary, it still exists.

In fact, if it weren't advantageous, they wouldn't have put themselves in that position in the first place when they had the chance, and they certainly wouldn't remain in that position now, more than a month later.

You're missing the point. No one is continuing to exploit the bug because the bug is not exploitable, i.e. it is fixed.  No one can sell infra below his or her improvements. Sheepy has already decided that punishment was not warranted for selling infra during the period that the mechanics allowed it, which you are of course aware of.

Now you could say, well even if punishment was not issued for selling infra, an "exploiter" should have either bought infrastructure or sold improvements after the point where the bug was fixed. If Sheepy were in agreement with this, a simple solution would have been either removing the "exploiter's" improvements or gifting infra. Deleting the nation, especially at this point would be unwarranted simply because the bug is not being replicated. No action is being taken on the part of the user, rather the criticism levied is that the user is guilty of inaction, i.e. by not selling improvements or buying infrastructure himself or herself, the user failed to remedy the situation. The implication is that the user was obligated to perform an in-game action. Inaction does not warrant a ban/reset, especially when previous rulings by the administrator have already been made that excuse it.

That being said, I don't think there are any people who had used the bug that have not bought infra since then, making this a non-issue at this point.

Edited by Princess Bubblegum

oh no, I can't sell infra lower than my occupied improvement slots, which is bad, bcos it means paying more if I have to go infra recovery it has to be 1010.8 => 1100 instead of 1010.8=>1000 =>1100 cause the later paid less.

Edited by Arthur James

You're missing the point. No one is continuing to exploit the bug because the bug is not exploitable, i.e. it is fixed.  No one can sell infra below his or her improvements. Sheepy has already decided that punishment was not warranted for selling infra during the period that the mechanics allowed it, which you are of course aware of.

I'm not missing the point. I'm disagreeing with it.

Sheepy doesn't need you to explain his position when he's already made it clear.