Tragedy in the Candy Kingdom. GPA accused of murder!

Princess Bubblegum

The following countries from Earth circa early 21st Century have mandatory military service: Armenia, Austria, Belarus, Azerbaijan, Bermuda, Brazil, Myanmar, Cyprus, Denmark, Egypt, Finland, Greece, Iran, Israel, North Korea, South Korea, Mexico, Norway, Russia, Singapore, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, Ukraine, and United Arab Emirates.

Please identify one (1) country from Earth circa early 21st Century that has 700-times as many soldiers as it does civilians.

Heck, identify one (1) country from said period that has as many soldiers as it does civilians.

If you can do that, I will publicly retract my exclusion of Princess Bubblegum from the protection of the Declaration of Neutrality as I have interpreted it, and I will personally refund the cost of the spy I killed and the spies she alleges that Belisarius killed.

Hell, I'll round it up to a cool million as reimbursement for the emotional distress.

Edited by Grillick

"It's hard to be a team player when you're omnipotent." - Q

i love it when people try to imply realism into every little thing in the nation sim world... PBs nation is a nation no matter what, just because you cant accept that doesnt mean that her nation isnt a nation.

• Upvote 1

Amidst the eternal waves of time From a ripple of change shall the storm rise Out of the abyss peer the eyes of a demon Behold the razgriz, its wings of black sheath The demon soars through dark skies Fear and death trail its shadow beneath Until men united weild a hallowed sabre In final reckoning, the beast is slain As the demon sleeps, man turns on man His own blood and madness soon cover the earth From the depths of despair awaken the razgriz Its raven wings ablaze in majestic light

rsz_potato_salad.png

An offical announcment from the Potato Caliphate of Ex Nihilo.

Please identify one (1) country from Earth circa early 21st Century that has 700-times as many soldiers as it does civilians.

Heck, identify one (1) country from said period that has as many soldiers as it does civilians.

Stop trying to use this silliness to defend your position. It's not even relevant to the discussion, and no one will see it that way.

Signed,

CMDR_Adama

rsz_1g7q_ak91409798280.jpg

If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a roll.

There is one you will follow. One who is the shining star, and he will lead you to beautiful places in the search of his own vanity. And when there is no more vanity to be found, he will leave you in darkness, as a fading memory of his own creation.

If you can do that, I will publicly retract my exclusion of Princess Bubblegum from the protection of the Declaration of Neutrality as I have interpreted it, and I will personally refund the cost of the spy I killed and the spies she alleges that Belisarius killed.

Hell, I'll round it up to a cool million as reimbursement for the emotional distress.

tumblr_lft6jf70No1qb4chfo1_400_zps52031e

• Upvote 1

Whose going to hide our money now..

"In an honest service there is thin commons, low wages, and hard labor; in this, plenty and satiety, pleasure and ease, liberty and power; and who would not balance creditor on this side, when all the hazard that is run for it, at worst, is only a sour look or two at choking. No, a merry life and a short one, shall be my motto." - Bartholomew "Black Bart" Roberts

Green Enforcement Agency will rise again!

Realism!

Name one nuclear research project that cost $50 million (ok, with resource costs added, let's bump that up to $70 million). For the record, the Manhattan Project cost about $2 billion, and that was in 1939 dollars.

Similarly the other projects are absurdly cheap.

You can even arm a soldier for a mere two bucks! 

Every single square inch of land has equal opportunity in resource extraction (including in the ocean), except when you cross a continent border, where suddenly the mineral composition radically changes to offer three new resources.

Aircraft are apparently 100% aluminum. Nowhere do they manufacture the rubber for the tires, the soft cushions for the seats, the silicon for the circuitry, etc.

Name one nation where all of their cities are uniformly the same size at 150,000 people and 1500 square miles with little variation. Where they run on fully nuclear power. Where, despite a leader's best intentions to improve the commerce, can never increase their average income by over triple. Where you can change your government every 5 days (ok, every 60 ingame days) without any sort of turmoil period in between. Where a single police station and hospital in a city can completely cure disease and crime. Where city costs grow exponentially. 

Therefore I posit that Grillick does not own a nation either.

This is not meant to be a game of realism.

• Upvote 4

#6 in P&W Beta

This thread is a train wreck. And it's not even my fault.

You sure about that Jodo?

Lets look at the facts....

PB had his spies killed by GPA. Since reality conforms to GPA's will, PB is an amorphous entity who can be attacked at will, not a nation.

But since GPA never lies, we also know that PB is a puppet of TEst. 

Jodo is the puppet master of TEst, and every alliance on Orbis.

Therefore, Jodo told PB to start this thread to create chaos.

He thought he could get away with it. And he pretty much did.

Roll GPA everybody!

Man, I'm pretty good at this investigating stuff. 

• Upvote 3

"They say the secret to success is being at the right place at the right time. But since you never know when the right time is going to be, I figure the trick is to find the right place and just hang around!"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<Kastor> He left and my !@#$ nation is !@#$ed up. And the Finance guy refuses to help. He just writes his !@#$ plays.

<Kastor> And laughs and shit.

<Kastor> And gives out !@#$ huge loans to Arthur James, that !@#$ bastard.

You sure about that Jodo?

Lets look at the facts....

PB had his spies killed by GPA. Since reality conforms to GPA's will, PB is an amorphous entity who can be attacked at will, not a nation.

But since GPA never lies, we also know that PB is a puppet of TEst. 

Jodo is the puppet master of TEst, and every alliance on Orbis.

Therefore, Jodo told PB to start this thread to create chaos.

He thought he could get away with it. And he pretty much did.

Roll GPA everybody!

Man, I'm pretty good at this investigating stuff. 

That doesn't quite add up, because Jodo is the President of the GPA. Why would he instigate a fight between two of his own alliances?

• Upvote 1

"It's hard to be a team player when you're omnipotent." - Q

That doesn't quite add up, because Jodo is the President of the GPA. Why would he instigate a fight between two of his own alliances?

Entertainment purposes, obviously.

• Upvote 2

Resident DJ @ Club Orbis

Founder of The Warehouse

This got unfortunately out of hand.

Edited by Ashland
  • Upvote 1

aUel2fG.png

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[10:47] you used to be the voice of irc

Spent time to check all 11 pages, and it's all but hilarious toward page 11... :D

So we can never prove that Belisarius is guilty of violating the Declaration of Green Neutrality? Does anybody even recognize the Declaration?

• Upvote 1

Attempting to contact Kerbin since 1983 (in-game)...

Hey, have anyone seen those fireworks? What do you mean, Jeb had them strapped to SRBs?

Discord: Ray3501#0305. I frequent the SK Network discord (duh).

So we can never prove that Belisarius is guilty of violating the Declaration of Green Neutrality?

The way you word that makes it sound like he is guilty, and that we simply can't prove it. He isn't guilty, because it hasn't been proven.

Does anybody even recognize the Declaration?

Trust me, inside the GPA, we make every effort to abide by neutrality. It is the foremost thing in our minds when making practically every decision.

GAeAN0K.png

Spent time to check all 11 pages, and it's all but hilarious toward page 11... :D

So we can never prove that Belisarius is guilty of violating the Declaration of Green Neutrality? Does anybody even recognize the Declaration?

A couple people in GPA do haha.

Edited by Ashland

aUel2fG.png

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The following is a message from the nation of Candy Kingdom

Earlier today, enemies of freedom committed an act of war against our country. Unlike previous terror attacks, this one came with a claim of responsibility. The leadership of the Green Protection Agency have made their message clear to the global community: that they, GPA, are the final arbiters of who does and does not constitute a sovereign nation. This is an act of tyranny. The act of a despot. And of bigotry.

I would also like to thank everyone for their support in this time of strife in the Candy Kingdom. Though we continue to be the recipient of terrorist attacks from the GPA menace, our resolve is unwavering. We will not let terrorists hold our nation or hold our allies hostage to their radical ideologies. We are not deceived by their pretenses to piety.

We have seen their kind before. By sacrificing pixels to serve their radical visions,­­ by abandoning every value except the will to power,­­ they follow a path of something alien to the concept of neutrality which they claim to uphold. And they will follow that path all the way, to where it ends: in history’s unmarked grave of discarded lies.

We shall overcome their unprovoked acts of aggression by whatever means necessary.

We will not go quietly into the night. Thank you.

Edited by Princess Bubblegum

Earlier today, enemies of freedom committed an act of war against our country. Unlike previous terror attacks, this one came with a claim of responsibility. The leadership of the Green Protection Agency have made their message clear to the global community: that they are the final arbiters of who does and does not constitute a sovereign nation. This is an act of tyranny. The act of a despot. And of bigotry.

I would also like to thank everyone for their support in this time of strife in the Candy Kingdom. Though we continue to be the recipient of terrorist attack from the GPA menace, our resolve is unwavering. We will not let terrorists hold our nation or hold our allies hostage to their radical ideologies. We are not deceived by their pretenses to piety.

We have seen their kind before. By sacrificing pixels to serve their radical visions,­­ by abandoning every value except the will to power,­­ they follow a path of something alien to the concept of neutrality which they claim to uphold. And they will follow that path all the way, to where it ends: in history’s unmarked grave of discarded lies.

We shall overcome their unprovoked acts of aggression by whatever means necessary.

Grillick and Grillick alone is responsible for the espionage, and we are presently trying to sort out a resolution internally and externally. We need merely a bit more time, as Belisarius is busy with RL things at the moment. Rest assured that the GPA does not condone the actions of Grillick in spying on you, and we are fully dedicated to resolving this in a diplomatic manner.

GAeAN0K.png

Earlier today, enemies of freedom committed an act of war against our country. Unlike previous terror attacks, this one came with a claim of responsibility. The leadership of the Green Protection Agency have made their message clear to the global community: that they, GPA, are the final arbiters of who does and does not constitute a sovereign nation. This is an act of tyranny. The act of a despot. And of bigotry.

I would also like to thank everyone for their support in this time of strife in the Candy Kingdom. Though we continue to be the recipient of terrorist attacks from the GPA menace, our resolve is unwavering. We will not let terrorists hold our nation or hold our allies hostage to their radical ideologies. We are not deceived by their pretenses to piety.

We're pretty upset by this too.  It's being dealt with.  The two posts I made and the one House made were going to be private attempts, on our part, to show our displeasure with what happened and pay reparations out of our own pockets.  GPA's membership stands with you in this regard, I assure you.

In the time being, I'd be happy to pay whatever reparations you're seeking myself.  Even if you don't choose to forgive us, I insist on paying them.  And I'll pay to replace the next five spies that are destroyed, regardless who destroys them.  That way anyone in GPA who might harm you knows they'd only be harming me.  I came to GPA to avoid what happened to you.  I sympathize.

Edited by Ashland

aUel2fG.png