Tragedy in the Candy Kingdom. GPA accused of murder!

Princess Bubblegum

Personally I think this is fantastic, I love it that it turned out to be this. 

The alternative is so much more boring. 

The best part is Princess not being a nation, LOL WAT?

At least I have something to do with my popcorn now.  :popcorn:

[11:52 PM] Prefontaine: But Keegoz is actually bad. [11:52 PM] Prefontaine: He's my favorite bad leader though.

Personally I think this is fantastic, I love it that it turned out to be this.

The alternative is so much more boring.

The best part is Princess not being a nation, LOL WAT?

I found that part hilarious as well. Apparently, they can choose to define anything they want as they see fit, from a nation to neutrality.

Blood of a king. Heart of a lion.

And in other news, that spy you just lost, Princess? That was me.

conducting an offensive spy operation eh, nice way to contradict your alliance's neutrality. And dont try saying that this was neutral based on how you guys look at it.

Amidst the eternal waves of time From a ripple of change shall the storm rise Out of the abyss peer the eyes of a demon Behold the razgriz, its wings of black sheath The demon soars through dark skies Fear and death trail its shadow beneath Until men united weild a hallowed sabre In final reckoning, the beast is slain As the demon sleeps, man turns on man His own blood and madness soon cover the earth From the depths of despair awaken the razgriz Its raven wings ablaze in majestic light

I found that part hilarious as well. Apparently, they can choose to define anything they want as they see fit, from a nation to neutrality.

Look at the Candy Kingdom, and tell me how it is "a large aggregate of people united by common descent, history, culture, or language, inhabiting a particular country or territory."

It's a mercenary army. Its miltary is larger than its population, by leaps and bounds. If the Candy Kingdom is a nation, then so is Blackwater.

Edited by Grillick

"It's hard to be a team player when you're omnipotent." - Q

Look at the Candy Kingdom, and tell me how it is "a large aggregate of people united by common descent, history, culture, or language, inhabiting a particular country or territory."

It's a mercenary army. Its miltary is larger than its population, by leaps and bounds. If the Candy Kingdom is a nation, then so is Blackwater.

Alliance: a union or association formed for mutual benefit.

You attacked an alliance even by definition, unless you believe an attack on one is not an attack on all.

• Upvote 1

[11:52 PM] Prefontaine: But Keegoz is actually bad. [11:52 PM] Prefontaine: He's my favorite bad leader though.

Alliance: a union or association formed for mutual benefit.[/size]

You attacked an alliance even by definition, unless you believe an attack on one is not an attack on all.

Be careful man GPA might start telling us what they believe to consider an alliance in their own view next.

Amidst the eternal waves of time From a ripple of change shall the storm rise Out of the abyss peer the eyes of a demon Behold the razgriz, its wings of black sheath The demon soars through dark skies Fear and death trail its shadow beneath Until men united weild a hallowed sabre In final reckoning, the beast is slain As the demon sleeps, man turns on man His own blood and madness soon cover the earth From the depths of despair awaken the razgriz Its raven wings ablaze in majestic light

"We're neutral, unless we dislike you. Then we're going to attack/spy you"

A few people called that GPA would act like this, nobody listened myself included. It'll be interesting to see how the future holds for GPA on Orbis. 

I'd like to point out, SK's signature was void on the declaration of neutrality when the game was reset, as was all other formal agreements. We do not view GPA as neutral nor have we since the reset. 

• Upvote 1

A few people called that GPA would act like this, nobody listened myself included. It'll be interesting to see how the future holds for GPA on Orbis.

I'd like to point out, SK's signature was void on the declaration of neutrality when the game was reset, as was all other formal agreements. We do not view GPA as neutral nor have we since the reset.

Our Declaration of Neutrality is unilateral, and has been since this iteration of the game. We never asked for anyone's signature, nor did anyone offer a signature.

We have never claimed otherwise. As our declaration is unilateral, it is subject to our own interpretation. If you (or anyone else) wishes to have a voice in the interpretation of our Declarations, it's up to you to seek a bilateral agreement.

@Grillick: 1. PB's nation has nearly 700-800 citizens, solidiers inclusive. Consider the Vatican city with population of nearly 1000 or the Pitcairn Islands with population of nearly 80. Both are counted as countries.

2. Technically, it's going to be a nation even with 0 population as it lists on the all nations page. Realism doesn't necessarily apply here.

Blood of a king. Heart of a lion.

Alliance: a union or association formed for mutual benefit.

Please show me the portion of our Declaration that prohibits this.

We pledged not to take part in conflicts between third parties, and we pledged not to take hostile actions against any nation except as provided by Article 3. Since the Candy Kingdom is not a nation, we have not violated that pledge. Even if the Candy Kingdom is a nation, we have not violated that pledge because its continued exploitation of a game mechanics error is a threat to everyone, including the GPA, so Article 3 applies as well.

Please show me the portion of our Declaration that prohibits this.

We pledged not to take part in conflicts between third parties, and we pledged not to take hostile actions against any nation except as provided by Article 3. Since the Candy Kingdom is not a nation, we have not violated that pledge. Even if the Candy Kingdom is a nation, we have not violated that pledge because its continued exploitation of a game mechanics error is a threat to everyone, including the GPA, so Article 3 applies as well.

IF the Candy Kingdom is not a Nation,then GPA is not an Alliance.

You've apparently decided to eat your cake,pity that. :rolleyes:

Sorry for the lateness of this and I also apologize if this has already been brought up before, but I can't be bothered to read 10 pages of this crap.  PB, you call whoever did a successful espionage attack against you a murderer!  Ha, ha, I laugh in your general direction with this accusation.  With all the raiding you have done up to this point......how many families will not see their loved ones again whose deaths were caused by your hands?  Soldiers slaughtered while they slept thinking that all was going well!  Families turned into refugees or killed outright by all the damage caused to their Infrastructure.  You kill and murder people on daily basis and when you lose some spies you get all but-hurt!  Here is something to think about, HOW ABOUT CRY ME A RIVER......THEN BUILD A BRIDGE AND GET OVER IT!

X4EfkAB.png

Official Stance of Terminus Est:

We do not consider groups of nations an alliance whilst they claim false neutrality and will embargo any alliance doing this.

T7Vrilp.png

I for one am glad to see GPA take this approach.  Is it a little hypocritical?  Yes, but what is the alternative?  That they never get to engage in war because they've grown too far past everyone from not engaging in war?  

And GPA is ready for an attack.  They have been for a very long time.  

Duke of House Greyjoy

Are you going to make your tacit support for the Candy Kingdom official in a public announcement at any point, or should we all go on pretending that Princess Bubblegum isn't your little pet?

I for one am glad to see GPA take this approach.  Is it a little hypocritical?  Yes, but what is the alternative?  That they never get to engage in war because they've grown too far past everyone from not engaging in war?  

And GPA is ready for an attack.  They have been for a very long time.  

Nah, I think Grillick just likes to look at 2000 tanks drive around in his nation being used as taxi's for his citizens.

• Upvote 2

Nah, I think Grillick just likes to look at 2000 tanks drive around in his nation being used as taxi's for his citizens.Only 

Only the 1% in my nation get to use the tanks.

• Upvote 2

Are you going to make your tacit support for the Candy Kingdom official in a public announcement at any point, or should we all go on pretending that Princess Bubblegum isn't your little pet?

Oh? so PB is our pet?

Go on with your brilliant deduction Sherlock. :rolleyes:

I'm kicking myself for being a proponent of GPA until now. They tricked us into letting them grow to own us.

Sorry for the lateness of this and I also apologize if this has already been brought up before, but I can't be bothered to read 10 pages of this crap.  PB, you call whoever did a successful espionage attack against you a murderer!  Ha, ha, I laugh in your general direction with this accusation.  With all the raiding you have done up to this point......how many families will not see their loved ones again whose deaths were caused by your hands?  Soldiers slaughtered while they slept thinking that all was going well!  Families turned into refugees or killed outright by all the damage caused to their Infrastructure.  You kill and murder people on daily basis and when you lose some spies you get all but-hurt!  Here is something to think about, HOW ABOUT CRY ME A RIVER......THEN BUILD A BRIDGE AND GET OVER IT!

If any of the nations or their represented alliances actually affected (read: not GPA) by the raids wish to post a new topic for discussion on that matter, we can discuss that then. Until then this is just a lame ad hominem attack on PB.

#6 in P&W Beta

Prove him guilty or he isn't. There isn't anything more to be said on this subject. If you cannot positively prove him guilty, then he isn't. He need not prove his innocence.

Also, giving them someone else's pee doesn't mean you took drugs, it just means you didn't give them your pee.

[OOC]My dad was a medic in the Army. One of his duties was to test urine samples for drugs. He called a Private into his office, interrogated him for a bit, found out who gave him the urine, and called that Private in as well. I don't remember the story verbatim, but basically he called them both dumbasses for doing it, and then told the second Private that hormones found in the urine determined her to be pregnant and she'd need to take another test to be sure. That's what happens when you share urine, guys. Someone ends up pregnant.[/OOC]

And in other news, that spy you just lost, Princess? That was me.

Oh well you just admitted to an offensive attack.

Not so, however, because in the case of Princess Bubblegum, Article 3 applies. Article 3 states, "GPA member nations shall remain neutral in any conflict, except in the following incidences: (i) where a Belligerent has taken hostile action against a GPA member nation or the alliance's interests; (ii) in the defense against any actual or perceived attack upon the Green sphere and/or Neutrality; (iii) in instances of Roguery within the green sphere."

Oh, so you used that loophole. Got it.

I don't know if Belisarius spied Princess Bubblegum, and I don't care. Princess Bubblegum isn't a nation, and isn't protected by our Declaration of Neutrality.

You're a dumbass. 

Well if you want to use nation in the political geographical definition, then you might want to consider that Candy Kingdom is a country, not a nation. The military itself is a nation, as it has a rich history, culture, and language. The language, history, and common descent of its peoples also determines the culture. This culture (or nation) is inhabiting Candy Kingdom; just because 10 are civilians and the rest are military does not make it any less a nation or country. The following countries from Earth circa early 21st Century have mandatory military service: Armenia, Austria, Belarus, Azerbaijan, Bermuda, Brazil, Myanmar, Cyprus, Denmark, Egypt, Finland, Greece, Iran, Israel, North Korea, South Korea, Mexico, Norway, Russia, Singapore, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, TurkeyUkraine, and United Arab Emirates.

Who are you to say that Candy Kingdom can't have the same?

wat

yVHTSLQ.png

(TEst lives on but I'm in BK stronk now and too lazy to change the image)