Applicant defeat causes bank to be looted

Greene

Just noticed that an Applicant was attacked (while they were an applicant, and they still are an applicant) and when they were defeated, the bank lost some resources and cash. I thought only members being defeated could drain the bank?

December 17: Scruffy is moved to Applicant

December 19: Scruffy is declared on by Gredinov

Timeline: https://politicsandwar.com/nation/war/timeline/war=26024

December 22: Scruffy is defeated by Gredinov, and the CU bank loses 0.27% of its stockpiles.

greene.png

Formerly known as Grealind of Resvernas (28 October 2014-29 August 2017) and Greene of Japan (29 August 2017-28 Septmber 2017)

7th Caretaker of Duat, the Deity Thoth

This isn't a bug, it's intentional. I believe the logic is that it prevents an alliance from pushing all of their members to applicant status to preserve the bank. Alternatives have been discussed before, but it seems that Sheepy is unwilling to change this.

Previous Discussion

http://politicsandwar.com/forums/index.php?/topic/2824-applicants-bleeding-banksseems-like-a-bug-to-me/

• Administrators

This isn't a bug, it's intentional. I believe the logic is that it prevents an alliance from pushing all of their members to applicant status to preserve the bank. Alternatives have been discussed before, but it seems that Sheepy is unwilling to change this.

Previous Discussion

http://politicsandwar.com/forums/index.php?/topic/2824-applicants-bleeding-banksseems-like-a-bug-to-me/

I'll throw it on the to-do list. It just hasn't been a pressing issue.

• Upvote 1

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

I'll throw it on the to-do list. It just hasn't been a pressing issue.

Then make it so it only applies to people who are actually apart of the alliance instead of just applicants. Just because it hasn't been a pressing issue yet doesn't mean it won't be.

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

Yeah I definitely feel like it shouldn't apply to applicants. Sure certain alliances could mass move members to the applicant position but then it would just be that particular case that happened to be cheating. It really makes no sense that If someone were to apply to an alliance and get raided within minutes then the alliance will suffer.

[22:36:30]  <&CMDR_Adama>  I want to be spanked.

XglZlQC.jpg

Yeah I definitely feel like it shouldn't apply to applicants. Sure certain alliances could mass move members to the applicant position but then it would just be that particular case that happened to be cheating. It really makes no sense that If someone were to apply to an alliance and get raided within minutes then the alliance will suffer.

My recommendation the last time this was discussed was to not allow alliance leaders to move anyone applicant status (I dunno if that's possible now), then disallow anyone to reapply to join an alliance after leaving or being kicked for 5 or 10 days. No one would leave their alliance for 5 days just to reapply as an applicant to protect the bank.

• Upvote 1

My recommendation the last time this was discussed was to not allow alliance leaders to move anyone applicant status (I dunno if that's possible now), then disallow anyone to reapply to join an alliance after leaving or being kicked for 5 or 10 days. No one would leave their alliance for 5 days just to reapply as an applicant to protect the bank.

But think of all the people who leave an alliance to quickly make a joke one then return almost immediately!

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

I was pretty sure that when this came up initially, the solution was to tag the alliance name that the member is a part of in the war. Then when the war defeat happened it still hit the bank that the nation was of.  Applicants of course need to be excluded, which appears to not be the case.

Was this not how things ended up being implemented (aside from the applicant portion)?

duskhornexceptional.png.d9e24adf7f0945530780eee694428f27.png

He's right, I'm such a stinker. Play my exceptional game!

Applicants should not be excluded...when someone is applying to an AA then they are put as a pending status for the alliance in question, they have an AA tag on their own nation, they are basically a part of it.

if alliances cant protect their applicants thats on them......however:

i do agree that we need more options for controlling alliances: invite/close applications/etc

4DKO1Df450x175_zps30h9x0af.png

Applicants should not be excluded...when someone is applying to an AA then they are put as a pending status for the alliance in question, they have an AA tag on their own nation, they are basically a part of it.

if alliances cant protect their applicants thats on them......however:

i do agree that we need more options for controlling alliances: invite/close applications/etc

Completely wrong. Just no.

Hi, my name is George. I'm not a fan of SK, so I'm going to go engage in war, then apply to be part of SK. When I get defeated, SK bank gets looted, and then I pick up the loot from my friend. Thanks for the free money SK!

Completely wrong. Just no.

Hi, my name is George. I'm not a fan of SK, so I'm going to go engage in war, then apply to be part of SK. When I get defeated, SK bank gets looted, and then I pick up the loot from my friend. Thanks for the free money SK!

if i remember right, didn't sheepy have a safeguard for this?

something along the lines of a nation is in an alliance and is then declared on. alliance tries to kick them so as to avoid the defeat and bank looting. bank is still looted anyway as they were part of that alliance at the beginning of the war....

or did that get changed?

Right, but the fact of the matter is, as an applicant they don't count towards your alliance in ANY OTHER METHOD. Why should them being on applicant cause bank to be looted. Sounds simply as an oversight on Sheepy's part. They're excluded from alliance member count, totals, etc. They don't have access to alliance announcements etc.

Right, but the fact of the matter is, as an applicant they don't count towards your alliance in ANY OTHER METHOD. Why should them being on applicant cause bank to be looted. Sounds simply as an oversight on Sheepy's part. They're excluded from alliance member count, totals, etc. They don't have access to alliance announcements etc.

applicants have access to alliances banks to view, receive and donate, they can view announcements, market sharing, info, etc. they are members w/o the full title

Edited by Jon Snow

applicants have access to alliances banks to view, receive and donate, they can view announcements, market sharing, info, etc. they are members w/o the full title

Not really. When I see "applicant" I don't think "member". I usually just think they either are applying, or are pending.

Resident DJ @ Club Orbis

Founder of The Warehouse

Not really. When I see "applicant" I don't think "member". I usually just think they either are applying, or are pending.

Exactly this. Especially because an alliance does have the power to decide who can or cannot apply.

[22:36:30]  <&CMDR_Adama>  I want to be spanked.

XglZlQC.jpg

If this is true, it needs to be fixed ASAP. Applicants are not part of the alliance. They haven't yet been accepted by the alliance. Why in the hell would they be given access to information intended for members only? That makes absolutely no sense in any shape, form, or fashion.

• Upvote 1

c3Ct0v4.png