[Treaty] Why NAP when you can sleep?

Vein

Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

Congrats to Eclipse on coming up with another inventive way to weaponize NAPs.  Just when we thought we cleared the slate, you guys put this together, nice work.

Sorry, I should of gotten an MDP treaty with rose & sail & cis instead, this is a huge blunder 

Edited by Vein
  • Haha 2

54 minutes ago, Sketchy said:

Bro you a regular member you don't know shit lmfao

Go sit in a corner with Who Me and play some baseball

Wow what a great comeback by you. My feelings are really hurt now. 

Shockingly, even me, a lowly “regular member” knows that TKR was not trying to join your ridiculous NAP. You guys should stop claiming that we were. 

Edited by lancelot1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, lancelot1 said:

Wow what a great comeback by you. My feelings are really hurt now. 

Shockingly, even me, a lowly “regular member” knows that TKR was not trying to join your ridiculous NAP. You guys should stop claiming that we were. 

Not trying to hurt your feelings bud.

But considering you are struggling to follow the thread, and think our argument is that TKR tried to join this nap(?), you should perhaps let your government handle this.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

XLL3z4T.gif

26 minutes ago, Sketchy said:

Not trying to hurt your feelings bud.

But considering you are struggling to follow the thread, and think our argument is that TKR tried to join this nap(?), you should perhaps let your government handle this.

Thanks for the advice, bud. I think my reading comprehension is just fine though. 

Let me know if you need me to quote reply the many comments arguing that TKR was trying to join the NAP. Or since you seem to not know how to scroll back to see prior comments on the thread, I can help you with that too. 

Edited by lancelot1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, lancelot1 said:

Thanks for the advice, bud. I think my reading comprehension is just fine though. 

Let me know if you need me to quote reply the many comments arguing that TKR was trying to join the NAP. Or since you seem to not know how to scold back to see prior comments on the thread, I can help you with that too. 

If you class "fine" as that of a 3 year old who speaks German, sure

• Downvote 1

BettaChecka

Nation Link

High Gov Milcom - Singularity

True Leaders of Singularity.png

36 minutes ago, lancelot1 said:

Let me know if you need me to quote reply the many comments arguing that TKR was trying to join the NAP.

Well, I think the point is that we aren’t talking about the same thing and you probably just aren’t privy to the details- I don’t think they wanted to be a part of this NAP.

1 hour ago, Keza Purple said:

maybe hes shadow gov, stop giving him attention lol 

I am a firm believer in helping to train the next generation of TKR leaders so they too can come and gaslight me on the forums.

Yes yes, I know, very saintly of me, contain your praise, it truly is a thankless job, but we all must do our part.

XLL3z4T.gif

21 minutes ago, Sketchy said:

I am a firm believer in helping to train the next generation of TKR leaders so they too can come and gaslight me on the forums.

Yes yes, I know, very saintly of me, contain your praise, it truly is a thankless job, but we all must do our part.

I was TKR high gov for two years so I’m all set with the lessons, as much as I appreciate them. I apologize for not giving you my bio before daring to speak to you. Heavens only know the embarrassment you must have felt having to speak to a “regular member”

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, lancelot1 said:

I was TKR high gov for two years so I’m all set with the lessons, as much as I appreciate them. I apologize for not giving you my bio before daring to speak to you. Heavens only know the embarrassment you must have felt having to speak to a “regular member”

I accept your apology, and I am thankful you have seen the error of your ways. I am impressed by your humility, coming forward and admitting to such inexperience is a true sign of your fortitude and character.

I sincerely hope TKR will deign to give you another shot at high government in the future so you can complete your training, you deserve it.

• Thanks 1

XLL3z4T.gif

12 minutes ago, Sketchy said:

I accept your apology, and I am thankful you have seen the error of your ways. I am impressed by your humility, coming forward and admitting to such inexperience is a true sign of your fortitude and character.

I sincerely hope TKR will deign to give you another shot at high government in the future so you can complete your training, you deserve it.

Gotta give props that one made me chuckle. Well done 🍻

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, His Holy Decagon said:

Well, I think the point is that we aren’t talking about the same thing and you probably just aren’t privy to the details- I don’t think they wanted to be a part of this NAP.

We did nott want to be party to any NAP, this one that got executed or any other NAP. We never proposed one, we never presented one, we never suggested one, we never discussed one. Wherever you keep sourcing this information is not a first-hand account, I can assure you.

As you all keep politely telling us privately, nobody is actually excited by NAPs, they are boring.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Benfro said:

We did nott want to be party to any NAP, this one that got executed or any other NAP. We never proposed one, we never presented one, we never suggested one, we never discussed one. Wherever you keep sourcing this information is not a first-hand account, I can assure you.

As you all keep politely telling us privately, nobody is actually excited by NAPs, they are boring.

I wasn’t sure how to emphasize “this NAP” and have it be interpreted as “this event” while also quoting Lancelot- I don’t know if that clarifies what I meant any better

8 minutes ago, His Holy Decagon said:

I wasn’t sure how to emphasize “this NAP” and have it be interpreted as “this event” while also quoting Lancelot- I don’t know if that clarifies what I meant any better

It means, that as usual, you have no idea what you are talking about and yet you keep talking.

• Upvote 1

On 4/22/2024 at 2:09 AM, Sketchy said:

"Rescued"

ODOO set terms and conditions on us for their entry that were undoubtedly beneficial to themselves. Their entry was self interest, a prid quo pro. By that point in the war, we had already taken all the damage we were going to take.

Peace negotiations with SAIL and us would have taken place and been finished well before the extended war would have, had parties remained in the coalition instead of peacing out.

We could have taken a long NAP and sat and allowed for things to play out without us. It would have been more beneficial for us to do so. We opted to make a deal that would prolong the conflict we had already been fighting for 2 months (preceding 2 months of fighting others) in order to make a move that would benefit all parties, That would have committed us to at least 5 months of straight war.

The assertion that we were rescued from anything is laughable. I'm not going to expand on what your terms were, despite the various wild claims being made here, but the fact is, you guys had a deal on the table that worked for you, and that is why you helped.

And then you walked away from the deal. And very abruptly. We all know how much of a mess that was.

As far as us being "angry" goes, I hadn't really intended to get involved in this discussion much. But certain claims were made here that required addressing, and I think it's interesting you guys have chosen to single us out, given everyone else who signed onto the nap, including alliances you claim to have good relations with, and, all in all, we owe you the least here besides perhaps Eclipse.

TKR immediately planned to attack us as soon as the Fortuna war in which we fought together was over. And they did, bringing in Syndicate. That put us under a NAP cycle, the same one that prompted their entry into our war later on.

TKR made a deal that, as I said earlier, was beneficial to them, in order to bring themselves in, and then when things got too hairy for them, struck a different deal behind our backs, and attempted to exclude us from the process, which would have inevitably left us in the same war they are purported to have rescued us from lmfao.

These are all claims I can easily support with evidence, if I have to. Despite all this, we have not gone after or targeted you directly, this entire time. We could have easily sought revenge on TKR/ODOO for your previous attacks on us, we could have easily sought to align with people attempting to hit you this cycle, and, with this nap in place, we could easily align with the current coalition against you. Instead, we have, more than once, attempted to work with you, and find mutual common ground and cut deals with you that would work to our mutual benefit.

But past behaviour is a pretty good indicator for future behaviour, and TKR has proven time and time again, that collaboration with you ends poorly for us.

Perhaps you'd prefer me to sit alongside you, whisper sweet nothings in your ear, and pretend like I wasn't one of the alliances who signed onto the NAP? Given who you guys have chosen as the target of your ire here, it feels to me that you'd rather hear comfortable lies than brutal honesty.

It's funny you say that you aren't mad when that comment prompted your WoT.   I can't say I find your complaining about us entering the war on our terms something worth responding too.  Or your quip about not being rescued even though you guys were still asking us to enter.   Or your whining about being at war for so long when you engaged in that infra shaving campaign of your own free will.   Thats on you.   You don't get to pull that out of a bag as a retort.

The rest of your post is basically just you crapping on TKR and wanting to rehash your entire relationship with them it seems.   They can deal with that nonsense if they want too.  But maybe some have singled you guys out because you sure are doing a lot of talking about it.  As for past behaviors, do be careful not to throw stones from your glass house.

Edited by Dr James Wilson
  • Upvote 4

:nyan:The Volleyball :nyan: 

Avanti Immortali

..one, two, Jimmy's coming for you...

11 minutes ago, Dr James Wilson said:

It's funny you say that you aren't mad when that comment prompted your WoT.   I can't say I find your complaining about us entering the war on our terms something worth responding too.  Or your quip about not being rescued even though you guys were still asking us to enter.   Or your whining about being at war for so long when you engaged in that infra shaving campaign of your own free will.   Thats on you.   You don't get to pull that out of a bag as a retort.

The rest of your post is basically just you crapping on TKR and wanting to rehash your entire relationship with them it seems.   They can deal with that nonsense if they want too.  But maybe some have singled you guys out because you sure are doing a lot of talking about it.  As for past behaviors, do be careful not to throw stones from your glass house.

If you don't want to respond to points made, stop chiming in. You clearly aren't looped in enough to be able to argue your case.

I'll pay you the same courtesy and not bother to respond to anything you said.

XLL3z4T.gif

27 minutes ago, Sketchy said:

If you don't want to respond to points made, stop chiming in. You clearly aren't looped in enough to be able to argue your case.

I'll pay you the same courtesy and not bother to respond to anything you said.

It's not my fault your points suck.

• Haha 1

:nyan:The Volleyball :nyan: 

Avanti Immortali

..one, two, Jimmy's coming for you...